Sir Bobby & the rest - thread for ex-Utd players or products

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Dark Savante, Mar 31, 2008.

1. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    When did the fee become public knowledge:confused:

2. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's heavily rumored to be 750k.

3. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Tevez is rumoured to cost us 32m. Do you think we are going to pay the highest transfer fee since 2001? Or for example, as it turns out, Liverpool paid 10m for Skrtel while it was heavily rumoured to be 7m.

The media mostly makes up those numbers.

4. Rakim_22

Rakim_22 Member

Manchester United
    Netherlands
    Sep 6, 2004
    Florida
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Wasn't there a French club rumored to be willing to pay over 2 mill for him?

5. GrodZilla

GrodZilla Member

Oct 5, 2005
    Stockholm
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    they couldn't afford his wages though...

6. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    KRich sure can't keep his shirt on when he scores goals... just saw his nice strike against Spurds.

7. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Back to China

8. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I miss Dong...already :( Was such a Top Red

9. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    so Laurent Blanc is coaching Bordeaux today and David Bellion is on the bench for them when they face Chelsea.

10. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Saha came on at the half for Everton today against Hull.

11. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bellion claims top spot

12. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Rossi scored this weekend for Villareal. A pretty composed goal.

13. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He also set up a goal as well with a trap beating through ball to his strike partner.

I watched the full game and whilst his game is compatible with La Liga, I don't think it's compatible with Villareal right now.

He doesn't really have someone to play off of, and because of their style of play he tends to stay high up the pitch for large portions of the match and he lacks opportunities to drop deep and make things happen like he would playing behind someone like Forlan.

14. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I think thats because they play with two wide midfielders [Cazorla and Pires or Fernandez] who like to drift into those same positions. But he has shown that he can combine well with those players. Atleast one small reason.

15. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Ebanks-Blake is tearing the Colaship up. I am surprised he wasn't snapped up by a PL club last summer, and am certain it won't be much longer before he is.

I think this is his last season in the Colaship whether Wolves are promoted or not.

He has done so, so well to come back after that ankle injury which threatened to ruin him. There's glimpses of what he could've been still in there - not shining so brightly, but there nonetheless.

He has adapated his game marvellously to recompensate for the loss of lateral mobility he's suffered.

Exciting one to watch if you're ever bored.

16. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    What about David Jones? I saw them play last week, only for a few minutes but he started for them.

17. Dark Savante

Dark Savante Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Become the Tea Pot!!
    Not sure on him, i catch a highlight package that only shows goal-mouth action, really. Not much chance to catch mids.

18. VCFan

VCFan New Member

May 14, 2008
    Rossi scored again for Villarreal, a real screamer I'm told. He's now scored 4 goals in 6 games.

19. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    I think this is just triable shit fantasy, but lets do get out hopes up?
    (Not that this move would make sense at all in our current situation, but anyway...)

21. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    I didn't know there was a buy back clause, i thought it was more of a first option to buy kind of thing.

22. israbeckham

israbeckham Member

Jun 18, 2006
    California
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    It is triable... but who knows

23. FCDallas96

FCDallas96 Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Dallas
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Former reserve player Kenny Cooper just had his best season yet as a professional. He scored 18 goals in 30 games this year after having his leg broken for him last season. He started his first game for the US national team this past Wednesday against Guatemala and scored the first goal in a 2-0 victory. Then to top it all off he was named to the MLS best 11 yesterday and was named Comeback Player of the Year. I know he was never good enough to be a United player but he is another player who is having a good career after leaving the club.

24. pgr17

pgr17 Member+

Sep 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    i wonder how good of a player Alan Smith would have been for us if it wasn't for that horrific injury? i always liked him as a player and thought he provided some good coverage for us. i always loved his first goal for United and the one against Roma.

he barely gets any run-outs at Newcastle (though he has been injured) and there is talk about maybe a deal with Boro... has to be frustrating.

25. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    I always wondered aswell, he was fully committed to the club and when he left i was disappointed