The Defense

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Daei_10, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im actually really pissed! will this management stop with the crap transfers??
    it seems like a give....for every 2 good transfers, we gotta do a shitty one.

2. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Chiellini out of Super Cup Final
    By Football Italia staff
    [​IMG]
    Juventus defender Giorgio Chiellini will miss the Italian Super Cup Final against Napoli because of injury.
    The stopper limped out of Sunday’s Euro 2012 defeat to Spain with a calf strain that will require 40 days out.
    The centre-back, who can also be used as a left-back, will thus take no part in the August 12 Coppa Italia re-match in Beijing.
    His absence could open the door for Lucio to make his competitive appearances for the club given that he is expected to complete his move to Turin after leaving Inter on Friday.

Well done Prandelli.:rolleyes:

3. KensingtonSC

KensingtonSC Still Lazy After All These Years

FC Vaduz / Philadelphia Union
    Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Hope y'all enjoyed Italy's magical run in the pointless international tournament. As a result we've lost our best defender for 5 weeks, and, knowing him, he'll get injured in the same fashion at least 3 more times this season.

Yeah, rest is grossly overrated.

4. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So Chiello and Vuci are out. Any word on Vuci recovery period?

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Any word on Vucinic at all? I did a Google of him a few weeks ago and nothing about his injury.

6. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I thought his injury was supposed to be worse than Quagliarella's from 2 seasons ago. Whether that's true or not, I have no idea, but it was supposed to be a very long term injury.

7. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I can't find anything about his injury. Did it actually happen?

8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He said it's nothing serious.

From his facebook page :

9. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I should've known it was bullshit when it wasn't widely reported anywhere. Glad he'll be back soon.

10. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juve will received compensation from UEFA for Chiellini's injury. Word is that they'll get around €525,000.

11. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    I wonder if that's ever been done before.

12. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    UEFA and the teams that make up UEFA signed the Memorandum of Understanding back in March, part of that "understanding" was that clubs would get compensated when their players were injured playing for the National Team during a sanctioned event.

13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

well thats a great deal. im glad they're doing that.

14. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    sooooooo back to this discussion i started last year.....we are thru CL at top of the table....our defense held up OK but not great i think.

What worries me is all 3 chiellini, bonu and barzagli can have amazing games but they are prone to mistakes and stupid ones at times too. That is the only thing that concerns me going into next round. If these guys can put up solid games, we can go really far.

and bonucci as a ball playing CB isnt the best option...he always resorts to long balls to no where or dangerous passes...i kinda wish to see more of marrone there so we can develop him into that...he has much better skills on the ball and a better passer. I hope he can get some playing time this month since we have an easy schedule at least.

15. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Our defense was just OK? We finished with 4 goals conceded in 6 games, second best defensive record in the competition behind PSG who conceded 3 (but also had an easier group IMO). Not sure what else we can expect from our defense.

16. KensingtonSC

Jan 7, 2010
    Andalusia, PA
    Club:
    FC Vaduz
    Defense is not, and never will be, a problem with this team. Our defense is the reason why we won a Scudetto last year, and the reason why we focus so much on fixing our attack is because our defense carries this team.

Dante repped this.
  17. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The 2 Oscar wonder goals were impossible to stop.

Our left flank is still weak. We need at leat one more LB/LWB.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    no i understand we put up a great overall performance but im afraid of a repeat of the spain final where they all fell apart. or also the other games where they let in stupid goals, especialy bonucci and sometimes chiellini can do some really stupid stuff...what im afraid of being so close to ultimate glory and then let it slip

19. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hear you but I feel any team is capable of having a horrendous game defensively and things go to shit. You're also comparing it to Italy's game against Spain in the final. Spain are Spain, one of the arguably best international squads ever. Plus, we did hold them to 1-1 in the first match. So, yes, we have to worry if we play Barcelona but any team would.