The Daily Show/Colbert Report IV

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by heybeerman, Aug 1, 2008.

1. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm liking Oliver right now, but that could because I've been tired of Jon Stewart for a long time.

As a San Diegan, I really got a kick out of last night's show. :D

2. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The "ewwwww" factor approach to that was good indeed - "you can smell his teeth!"

yellowbismark repped this.
  3. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    A a San Diego-ite?

4. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1254 Crimen y Castigo, Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
    "I'm incredibly excited to be joining HBO, especially as I presume this means I get free HBO now," Oliver added. "I want to thank Comedy Central, and everyone at The Daily Show for the best seven and a half years of my life. But most of all, I'd like to thank Jon Stewart. He taught me everything I know. In fact, if I fail in the future, it's entirely his fault."

John Oliver leaving 'The Daily Show' for new HBO series

Super excited about this, and hoping it won't somehow be a Daily Show / Bill Maher retread. But I like Oliver so much, it wont' really matter.

Hoping he brings Andy Zaltzman with him. And with that, I'll be spamming this to the MTV&M boards.

Cascarino's Pizzeria repped this.
  5. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Entertainment Weekly comments... Bwaaahhh!

larc919
    31 minutes ago I don't watch anything John Oliver is in, so really don't know that much about him. But I hope for his sake he's not as big an idiot as he looks.

• [​IMG]
      John Oliver larc919
      a few seconds ago
      Unfortunately, I am a MUCH bigger idiot than I look. And, as you can plainly see, that's really saying something!

6. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TDS has an epic, epic take on Rob Ford. I don't think I've ever laughed as hard in my entire life as I did in the part where Rob Ford says he'd never tell a woman at work that he wanted to eat her pu&&y because he has all the pu&&y he can eat at home.

7. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Rob Ford is doing a canuck version of Punk'd, right? This coked up, Chris Farley imitator can't be mayor of Canadia's largest city. This is an elaborate prank.

8. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He looks like a bloated Mike Holmes (Holmes on Homes for those of you who don't have a spouse addicted to home improvement television).

9. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    I know the guy. Another Canuck IIRC. I'm amazed at the prices those skinny, long row houses in Toronto fetch.

10. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    He is a Canuck. Toronto is a big-time city. All the more surprising that they would elect this loon as Mayor. I thought only Texans do that with their congresspeople.

11. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Keep in mind that, in spite of all the cosmopolitanism of certain Toronto residents, they're still living in Canada's south. That might be a factor.

12. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    What kind of pizza they serve up there?

13. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Probably the same square crap they serve in Buffalo. Not deep dish, but not thin crust.

14. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Whatever it is, it's obvious Ford has been "eating out" quite a bit. :laugh:

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Colbert was awesome Thursday, first openly mocking China's crap response to the Philippine typhoon relief effort and challenging Colbert Nation to donate more than China, and then outdoing Matt Lauer and Al Roker's on-air prostate exams. Colbert's November Prostacular was made even better with the associated latex glove ceremony as John Lithgow, Katie Couric, and the Black Keys made their cases for why they should be allowed to give him the exam, and he presented one with the glove.

[​IMG]

16. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    #1266 crazypete13, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    I'll let one of you add the SNL links - up here in canuckistan the internet rights are different.

I live here and I still can't figure that out. He hoodwinked a fair chunk if the 383k that voted for him - though he's got the traditional rump of hardcore Ford Nation idiots that still support him.

In '98 the province enacted legislation amalgamating the 416 area code cities into one mega city - Ford's support is based predominantly in the old suburbs outside the downtown proper.

Ha - the reality is retail, small gubmint, populism plays well here. Ford's election was a response the previous mayor's perceived tax-and-spend leftyiness.

The supply is scarce for Victorian row houses - especially in the core - the ability to have a house in the city proper is what drives demand.

Figured you'd ask this - the style is closer to New York - generally thin crust - but with more toppings and no real signature variety - meaning you can get pretty much whatever on a pie. This is my favourite local option.

17. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Cool. Toronto's on the right side of pizza history. ;)

18. cleansheetbsc

cleansheetbsc Member+

Mar 17, 2004
    Club:
    --other--
    Katie Couric "You Bitch!" to Lithgow was priceless.

Ismitje repped this.
  19. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Fuch. I was seriously misinformed. I thought this here was Canadian pizza...

[​IMG]

20. crazypete13

crazypete13 Moderator
    Staff Member

May 7, 2007
    A walk from BMO
    Club:
    Toronto FC
  21. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Disco fries

[​IMG]

22. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This thread is making me hungry.

Dyvel repped this.
  23. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Quite the reverse; I think poutine looks gross from any angle and tastes just as bad. Maybe I'm alone in this.

24. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    Poutine only tastes right when it lands on the bottom of a liquor chapped stomach, and right at the point in the night where you're still drinking, but also somehow already hungover. Oh but when it tastes right, it tastes so right.

American Brummie repped this.
  25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So Poutine is your equivalent of our friet en stoofvlees? :)

[​IMG]

Cannot count the amount of boozy nights I ended with one of these back when I was still at uni.