The Curse of Dick Cheney

Discussion in 'Elections' started by BlueMeanie, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not an exciting read, but from a psychological and partially a philosophical viewpoint I think it was interesting. To each his own.

I believe I said, "one of the greatest" leaders in history.
    His leadership united a country that was in shambles after WWI. The man was an evil person, no doubt about that, but that doesn't mean he wasn't a leader. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
    Ask any historian to list the top 5 orators in history and I guarantee you that Hitler will make the list 75% of the time. The man was one of the greatest speakers in the world. The subject matter of his speeches are another story, but his words and passion brought a country together.

In general, define what a great leader is, just a list of traits, characteristics, etc. I think, if you're objective, you'll find that Adolf Hitler fits into this category. A great leader doesn't have to be a good person. Atilla the Hun was a great leader. Alexander the Great was a great leader. They were conquerers. They killed thousands of people. Hitler, despite his evil and political views was, a great leader. I used to question this as well, but the more I learned, and as long as I kept an open mind, I realized that it was true.

2. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    List one (1) "great" thing that he either accomplished or completed, that is in evidence today. I'll settle for just one.

IntheNet

3. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    The Volkswagen.

I wouldn't have used the term "great" - it's too easy to twist into Farrakhanese - but "important" absolutely qualifies.

4. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Killing himself.

5. DJPoopypants

DJPoopypants New Member

If it wasn't for Hitler, the state of israel would not be what it is today.

Of course, because of Hitler trying to kill all the jews, and the way israel turned out, we occassionally get idiots threadjacking many unrelated discussions into pro-israel/pro-palestinian arguments, so I do hope he burns in hell for a very long time.

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He united his country. I'm not saying every single German agreed with him, and that every single German who did completely agreed with his plans, but after WWI Germany was not in good shape. Hitler returned a sense of pride to the country and it's people.

You might be able to insert the US and a US President into that sentence and it would be considered 'great' by many. You need to learn to think objectively.

7. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not the fault of the OP (and yes - it's interesting but not necessarily meaningful that Cheney has been involved with so many failed administrations), but I can feel this thread slurping my intelligence out thru my eyeballs. I am measurably dumber for having to wade thru this crap.