The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread [R] Part 8: " O Melhor Jogador Do Mundo"...for Man Utd at least.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Scolari left Maniche off for off field relationships as well.

2. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Had a great game today scored 2 great goals and could have had more. He might just steal the Golden ball from Messi with a strong finish to the season if he has a great final.

3. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    doubt it. Great goals though

4. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    more to it then the goals, everything he did was top class.

great performance .

I think he should win golden ball if he is decisive in the final. its really hard to win two CL's in a row and he was the main star of the team in both seasons, after all he still leads epl in goals and in the CL he has 4 goals (less then Messi's 8) but 3 of those 4 are probably in the top 8 CL goals of the season and they came in important moments. hes good in the big games and big moments contrary to what the critics used to say a while back.

5. eurodad

eurodad Member+

Mar 15, 2005
    Brampton
    He is coming on now but I think that his lack of performance/results at the NT will work against him. I think Messi has been more of a contributor at that level.

6. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005

Except in Bolivia :)

7. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    verrrry close and unjust but it looks like we will have the Messi vs Ronaldo final and I have a feeling Ronaldo will outshine him :D

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Messi has been invisible the past few Knockout rounds. Granted he did play Iniesta for that goal. But I guess it will be a nice final, Manchester vs Barca, Ronaldo vs Messi.

9. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
  10. santos6

santos6 New Member

Feb 25, 2007
    Toronto
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    It was a great game by Ronaldo as a free roaming CF.....

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I want to say he receive much support from the Mids in very intelligent passes from Anderson and support from the wings.

12. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    I made a non-serious analysis of yesterday's game.
    I decided to joke a little considering the incidents as well and I posted here cus...well, CR is going to face Barcelona? :p

http://osvaldo.indimeta.com/?p=824

13. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Why cant he play like this for Portugal?

:confused:

14. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Not the same system at all. He doesn't even play the same role.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    New Ronaldo Banco Esperito Santo Commercial.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX8PABj-emw"]YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo BES New Commercial ||HD||[/ame]

16. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    sadly, Costa is right

18. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Im watching all these pre-champions league TV shows and they are honestly referring to Messi as the best player in the world.

I'm sorry, but no. not even close. Ronaldo is light-years better and more accomplished than messi.

19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well this response just goes to show a little bit of sporting left in Ronaldo. haha I do agree, to some extent, on PDC's comments on Ronaldo's performance on an international level (not the same system as Man U's). But then again, PDC is one of the most corrupt bastards in Portuguese soccer, and in a way, he makes Portuguese soccer look shameful.

20. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    corrupt according to who? Those newspaper editors? Carolina Salgado? those sources speak for themselves..............joke.

But anyway, Ronaldo needs to take his billy big boots off and get a slice of humble pie to the face, and Pinto Da Costa is just the man to serve it up. Maybe it will light a fire under his ass after that ridiculous comment before the Sweden game stating that if everyone played like Ronaldo, Portugal would be much better...right...unconventional moves with the end result being losing possession 70% of the time.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    let me guess, you probbaly thought quaresma should have played every game for Portugal when he was at Porto?

but yeah. ronaldo currently sucks balls for Portugal, for whatever reason be it the system, queiroz, or whatever.

22. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    Wasn't that long ago that we had an active thread saying Quaresma is better than CR :p:)

23. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Im sorry but Messi is having a much better 08/09 then Ronaldo. Ronaldo is nasty, and arguing for him to be the best in the world is understandable, but to say Messi is light years behind is pretty funny.

24. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    True. the only way CR will retain the title of poy is to beat Barcelona in the final by scorin' or assistjn'

25. FCPorto_Dragao

Jun 15, 2005
    E DUBs
    Club:
    FC Porto
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    hahaha you really are the MOST biased fan suffering from the worst case of inferiority complex ever. It must be that trait that exists in all of our Portuguese players who go into a game, already defeated because they question EVERYTHING!!!! Their ability, the other team's ability...JUST TAKE THE COMMENTS FOR WHAT THEY ARE! No subtleties...stop being such a neurotic woman. It seems like every single comment made about a Sporting player or former Sporting player ANYONE makes must have some subliminal message degrading your club. BUDDY, GET A LIFE! There's no doubting his ability, its his attitude (much like yours) that needs a kick in the ass. That's the difference between a class player like Kaka or Messi and a petulant brat like Ronaldo or Quaresma...BUT HOLD ON, LET ME GUESS...I'M ONLY SAYING THAT BECAUSE HE WAS A SPORTING ACADEMY PLAYER, RIGHT. What a tosser