The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread [R] Part 8: " O Melhor Jogador Do Mundo"...for Man Utd at least.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Damn you!! Have a great time though. Where are you going? Braga?

2. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Mostly Arcos but a lot of Braga. hopefully the Algarve. I think I will take in a few Europa League games :D

3. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Lol, I was watching "5 para a Meia-Noite" (a talk-show broadcasted every day of the week at midnight in RTP2, worth watching btw) when the host showed today's Correio da Manhã last page. There's an article there, at the bottom, that Paris Hilton revealed to her friends she could never date C. Ronaldo because he dresses like a gay man. :D

4. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo Arrives In Madrid

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPhdHtNwOaw&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPhdHtNwOaw&feature=related[/ame]

Wow! This man is living the life... but also the pressure of being the highest paid player.

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    That jacket is bad, real bad Michael Jackson

6. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Real Sociedad

Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Real Sociedad

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbIwHngjWb8"]YouTube - Cristiano Ronaldo Vs Real Sociedad - Best Moments in Game ~ 15/08/09[/ame]

The same as ever.... ball hog!

7. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Disagree, he looked very comfortable and combined well with the rest of the team. He set up Benzema goal as well as set off numerous opportunities for himself and the team. He looked potent out there, I got to say, his appears to be playing with more fluidity, less forced so to speak, now thats hes back on the Iberian peninsula.

Can't wait for the season to start.

8. jec1

jec1 Member

Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Did you hear about Ribery? He wants to join the Galacticos because of the new generation.

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I dont think hell score anything like 42 goals, but I think there will be more assists in his stats

I predict he will get something like 20 goals (he takes PKs and FKs too it seems liek apparently), 20 assists this season.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think he knows hes not going to get brutally hacked at as much anymore. It appears as if thats the case as well. When he gets by 1 or 2 people in that video, they will be trailing him but they don't take him down. In the EPL if he went by 1 he was automatically getting fouled by the 2nd person... His play shows confidence in that, the way he is carrying himself...

11. erick

erick Member

Dec 6, 2007
    Bama Nation
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Probably true but hell still come in for rough treatment. I watched last years El Clasico and Real Madrid gave Leo Messi some rough treatment in a game in the new camp, which Barcelona ended up winning 2-0. in the Bernabeu, Real was just destroyed 6-2 and messi wasnt really targetted from what I saw as the whole team just obliterated a hapless Madrid side in that fixture.

also did you see what happened in the friendly vs Juventus.. ronaldo was hacked alto and one really bad tackle came at his knee cap studs up.

but yeah hell prolly be kicked less than epl, but hell still get kicks.

years ago, Maradona didnt last at barcelona because he got hacked alot and ended up leaving to Napoli. I could be wrong as this was happening before my time but I think that is what happened, I think Maradona suffered a serious injury from a game against Bilbao which took him out for a year (hacked) and then after he transferred to napoli to revitalize his career.

13. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    rememeber if you can that Eusebio would also get beat down. So this type of treament of star players is nothing new

14. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thats exactly why Maradona left Spain, he was getting hacked too much.

In Spain, you don't have the space to run like you do in England. Ronaldo, even tho he was hacked a lot, will not have as big an impact in Spain as he had in England. Defenders are better and are right on your ass.

15. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    What? Not true at all... In Spain you have much more time on the ball, the defenders aren't as athletic, and they won't bring you down from behind. You can see in the most recent game against Spanish opposition.

The best players in the world will be fouled, just like Maradona, Ronaldo Lima, Ronaldinho, Ibra have been in the past, but its much more open in La Liga, you think Messi would have done that darring run last year in the EPL? After he made 3 people miss he would have been brought down...

Ronaldo is going to do fine in La Liga.

16. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry Joelz but i disagree, respectfully.

From what I see, in Spain, you have less time on the ball and defenders are on your ass. In England, you have space to run. Yes, they do hack much more in England, but in Spain you have less time on the ball.

Well see tho.

Its also the reason why Portuguese teams play better against English clubs that Spainish ones. Portugal clubs play more like Spainish do, and don't give up space. Its why Benfica and Porto can play Manchester and win. Its harder for a Portuguese teams to play Spainsh teams because they are usually more skilled and play the same on your ass style.

Well see

17. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I definitely disagree with this. The Spanish teams generally just have stronger personnel in recent encounters. But look at the Porto vs Atletico game....Atletico was having all sorts of problems with Porto. The forwards and wingback ran all over them, they passed them and were allowed to continue on.

18. nbstriker8

nbstriker8 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    new beige
    Club:
    SL Benfica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm talking generally. Porto was a better team last year than Atletico.

Benfica beat Manchester, Liverpool and lost to Barca.

Its just my opinion, I believe Spain is a tougher league to play in. I guess only time will tell in Ronaldo's case. Whatever it may be, I just hope he plays better for the NT, i could give a sh!t about Real.

19. benficafan3

benficafan3 Member+

Nov 16, 2005
    That Barca team was incredibly talented. Anybody would've lost to them.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    I think him playing in La Liga might help the National Team.

21. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Ronaldo expressed comments that he is upset that some figures in the FPF questioned his absense from the National team friendly. Most notably Madail and Carlos Queroz

Also, maybe its time for a change to the thread title. or a New CR thread.. . after all hes a Real Madrid player now so the title is dated.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Well we are almost at page 30? What if we just make a new thread? Z, you want to do the honors?

23. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal