The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread [R] Part 8: " O Melhor Jogador Do Mundo"...for Man Utd at least.

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by vilafria, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vilafria

vilafria Member+

Jun 2, 2005
    When are they gonna announce the WPOY ?

[​IMG]

2. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: The Cristiano "Ya Mommy Cheers Him" Ronaldo Thread [R] Part " O Melhor Jogador Do Mundo"

Whooop.

3. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Re: The Cristiano "Ya Mommy Cheers Him" Ronaldo Thread [R] Part " O Melhor Jogador Do Mundo"

December 2 is the announcement for Balon D'or

FIFA WPOTY comes sometime after that.

4. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

No, there is no difference. Jumping ship, is jumping ship. You only notice and care when it happens to you. Berbatov was a key component for Totenham and look at them now, do you think MUFC would be in relegation if they lost Ronaldo? No, smaller teams suffer MUCH worse when good or great players leave your position is a ignorant one to believe Madrid are evil for trying to poach Ronaldo from a team of all stars who would finish top 4 without him, meanwhile MUFC takes the best players from an array of teams and leaves some of them (Tevez) on the bench while their former clubs have to scrap for replacement while fighting to stay out of the basement.

If/When Ronaldo leaves, Man united will still be a Top club and you'll have to forgive everyone not a supporter for not playing small violins when your anger and sadness overwhelms you for the unjust poaching you've all "suffered'.

P.S. What a rediculous thread title minus the "Melhor Jogador do Mundo" bit. Is that an inside joke or something?

5. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Can't be that rediculous if You like more the half the words in the title. I edited Vila's post, so it was me that made the title.

6. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA

Torres ganha eleição de melhor jogador da Premier League
    [ 2008/11/18 | 14:12 ] Redacção
    www.maisfutebol.iol.pt

Fernando Torres recebeu o prémio de melhor jogador da Premier League atribuído pela Northwest Football Awards, um galardão com carácter regional e não nacional. Mesmo assim, Torres bateu Cristiano Ronaldo, que também era candidato ao prémio.

O avançado espanhol tem estado em grande forma desde que ingressou no Liverpool e, só na primeira época, apontou 33 golos ao serviço dos Reds. Com a camisola da selecção, teve um importante papel na caminhada vitoriosa da Espanha no Euro 2008.

O avançado espanhol congratulou-se com o galardão, mas tem ambições maiores. Torres quer ser campeão este ano. «Claro que gostaria de vencer mais troféus. Obviamente que os prémios pessoais e o título de campeão são os prémios mais importantes. O mais importante para nós é o título colectivo», diz Torres à Sky Sports.

Houve ainda espaço para premiar dois elementos do Manchester United: Ryan Gigs e Sir Alex Ferguson. O jogador galês foi considerado melhor jogador do ano, enquanto o técnico do Man. United recebeu o prémio de grandes conquistas, pelas vitórias na Liga inglesa e na Liga dos Campeões.

7. ThespecialoneJM

ThespecialoneJM New Member

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Thats bullshit. Seriously? ******** off.

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Yeah it doesn't make any sense. They just have a hate for Ronaldo.

9. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Northwest football awards???

never heard of it.

10. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

In other news, Brasilian women want Ronaldo's children.

11. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

In other news when is Ronaldo going to fully play for Portugal the way he does for United?

Answer: When Fergie manages Portugal :rolleyes:

12. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Well said!

13. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto

I'd be ok with fergie taking over

14. JuveleoRules

JuveleoRules Member

Jun 8, 2002
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

I wouldn't!

15. quinas1139

quinas1139 New Member

Sep 18, 2007
    NJ & PA

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Translation -
    After watching the Brasil vs Portugal spanking....
    I continue believing that Ronaldo is the best player in the world....
    At least this world...those Brasilians must be from Mars....

16. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

lol funny cartoon

17. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ronaldo puts club over country, thats been pretty obvious in his career. Thats what sets him apart from the real Portuguese greats in Figo and Eusebio.

18. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

What? Where are you getting this from?

Call me crazy, but he DEFINITELY puts Portugal over club, definitely.

19. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

He doesnt play nearly as well and he doesnt play with the same passion as he does with Manchester United. It's been obvious for the past couple of years.

20. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Lies.

Passion is not even an issue with Ronaldo. Not at all. The fact that he wants to fight everyone on the field when he gets frustrated is a clear indicator that he has passion, he just gets rattled too easily and becomes confrontational.

The reason why you don't see Ronaldo play the same way with Portugal the way he does with Manchester United is very much down to the formation as well as the surrounding cast. Period. I mean for crying out loud, lately he is either played out of position as a lone striker with no support and time on the ball, or he is in a crowded midfield of 5, with an overlapping RB....

21. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Arguing with you about Ronaldo and Nani is nearly pointless because they can do no wrong in your eyes but I'll go ahead, I mean no disrespect by that comment its just an observation. Since when does trying to break ones leg = Passion? To me that's cowardly. Im an admitted ronaldo fan..I have about 5 jerseys of his so you can probably consider me a "fan boy" or whatever but im not afraid to attack the guy for his ************ performances like he's been putting out for the last couple of games. As for the formation excuse thats a bunch of BS, several players play in different formations than their club team and still adapt well.

22. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

He has been playing below his Manchester United forum yes, that was not in question.

What was beng questioned was his passion. That is not lacking. If you ever been in a competitive match, whether it be soccer, basketball, or football...when you are down like that, many people end up getting very confrontational. Once again, his passion is not an issue.

I've done similar things in basketball games. Elbows to the chest, fist in the throat on a screen, to give my team any advantage possible. You should see my brother and some of the italians on my team once we go down by a large margin in soccer. My brother starts running into people, the italians try and go in for the legs...Some of them do it because the things are said, others want to see an opposing member retaliate so as to get an advantage(Sending off). Those players that I have just described are usually the ones that are running up and down the pitch. The first to defend the team. HIS passion is not "missing".

23. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Ronaldo has passion for the NT and wants to do well... any one who denies that is a moron.

hes just played really poorly lately for the NT... but its not becuase of a lack of passion or heart for the NT jersey I think its more because he might try too hard for the NT because of his passion and also because the tactics and flow of the team are different than the ones used at Man united

24. ThespecialoneJM

May 13, 2008
    San Jose
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Oooo attacks. I could say the same about your notion on Bosingwa being a defensive liability. Also the excuse that the formations and tactics are different doesnt work. Many players play well for club and country even with changed tactics. Call me crazy but maybe just maybe he cant be cristiano ronaldo without an all-star team around him ala Manchester United. But even then thats an excuse.

25. ---Z---

---Z--- Member+

Cagalhao
    Nov 2, 2005
    CAMPEAO
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

why does ronaldo sulk and get in fights in other players on the field, cry when portugal loses etc . I donno to me it seems obvious he has passion for the team..

anyways trying to defend ronaldo now is ridiculous cuz I think everyone in this forum is in a "Lets Bash ronaldo "mode. well look at his game today, he played shit and picked up a leg injury. I suspect he may have gotten injured in the brazil game too he went for a tackle against (elano?) and looked like he got injured and after that he disapeared from the game. Either way, hes playign subpar for the NT for a long while and he has to man up and deliver.

your statement about players playing good for club and country despite changed tactics... do you have any examples? Ronaldinho before world cup 2006 was consdiered the best player in the world and won the champions league with Barcelona. What did he do in the world cup? Not much he didnt even score any goals and was a big flop. Carlos Alberto Parreira played him in a deeper position than he was used to at Barcelona and it affected his performance. he was in a all star barca team and a all star brazil team and he was subpar in brazil. in fact his performance in the world cup was more dismal than Ronaldo's in euro 2008. ronaldo was injured in euro 2008 and had to take injections to kill the pain in his ankle before the games and i think ronaldinho was healthy in euro wc 2006.

the problem with Ronaldo on Portugal is, #1 (attribute to ronaldo himself) he hogs the ball more than he does on Man utd, and #2 (a problem with the team tactics and game) he doesnt get nearly as many chances to shoot on goal. Ronaldo can have a crappy game but if he gets 2-3 chances to take a shot at goal theres a good chance he can score 1 of them and become the match winner. with Portugal he hardly gets the balls in dangerous areas, he gets shut down he is stuck on the wing and he ball hogs and... lets face it his crossing and passing skills are lame in comparison to more cultured wingers such as Luis Figo.. so in this set up he isnt as effective... hell ball hog in the wings and send in a cross.. his crosses never split D's apart like Figo could have ronaldo's crosses are average but ppl over look that becuase he scores goals. When I watch futebol and I see Ronaldo isolated in the corners in my head im not expecting much.. .when I see figo in the corners i have more hope for a goal cuz I know Figo can turn and send in a great cross that can elude some world class defendrs and a striker can put the ball in the net. but when ronaldo gets the ball around the box, you get excited cuz you know thats where he can do the most damage and score a goal. with Portugal he hardly gets the ball where we need him to receive it.

as for Bosingwa, He gets rave reviews on this forum but I think hes overrated. Hes atheltic, quick, got some skill and a good cross but I dont think he is outstanding defensively with his positioning and reading of the game. Portugal's defense has been more vulnerable since he took over the right back spot from Miguel. He has had some great games mostly against lower calibre siged like azerbaijan and so forth ... but I notice against some good sides like Denmark, Germany, and Brazil he got exploited and we conceding some goals due to some of his positioning and defensive lapses (Germany's first goal v Portugal in euro 08 is a example).

Carvalho, Meira,Andrade Miguel I prefer these types of players in form than Pepe and Bosingwa.