The Crew Television Thread

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by ZipSix, Feb 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When we were winning, they were creating a buzz via scarcity and word of mouth. Now that we're losing, they are trying obfuscation to attempt to sink back beneath the rock they were attempting to crawl out of. It's obvious.

2. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sadly, it looks like Studio 35 is not able to fit this game into their schedule due to the odd day time start. Pity. I had a great time there for the Seattle game and I am certain it was the best view of the game in all of Columbus.

3. GoCrew1996

GoCrew1996 Member+

Jan 20, 2007
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I'll be at champps. I wonder if we get enough Crew fans if we can't get them to put the sound on (or do they already)

4. Dominican

Dominican Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reynoldsburg
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May as well ask? Last game the sound was for the Wisconsin Elite Eight game.

5. hardhead

hardhead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 2008
    NEO
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It looks like Studio 35 will have the match:

6. Draghignazzo

Draghignazzo Member+

Feb 24, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Yeah, the draw for me there is the big screen, but you're right I should not have discounted them as another bar viewing option. I'll probably end up at Hendoc's.

7. TZPrince

TZPrince Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Since the game is on "national television", will it be blacked out even on TWC unless you have unimas?

8. Lucky Day

Lucky Day Member+

Nov 12, 2008
    Columbus
    No, the only game TWCSC won't air will be the one NBCSN game.

9. Dominican

Dominican Member

Nov 11, 2012
    Reynoldsburg
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Massey's Pizza in Reynoldsburg has TWC and they will show the game.

10. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I'm way off base here, well, won't be the first time BUT I wonder just exactly how much MLS could possibly be earning from a contract with UniMas, a channel which literally not one household on Earth actually gets.

MLSinCleveland repped this.
  11. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Soccer_on_television

12. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #2137 Bill Archer, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    That's nice and all, but a) it doesn't say how much, if anything, MLS gets from UniMas (previously Telefutura, neither of which is referenced in that link or b) how many people actually watch it.

Based on the abject lack of interest Latin fans have proven to have in MLS, one could suggest that the audience of a dozen or so people who have lost their remotes and thus are unable to change the channel to the "Enormous Chested Girls and Old Men in Bumblebee Suits" show featuring Really Loud Trumpet Playing isn't even a blip on the radar and brings in roughly zero dollars.

The only thing it accomplishes is it keeps people who might actually be interested in seeing the games from doing so unless they a) have DirecTV and b_ are willing to shell out for a Spanish language package.

(See: Enormous Chested Girls, et al)

13. DAK77

DAK77 Member+

Nov 10, 2008
    Merion Village, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks to Bill for posting that about UniMas I wanted to check if I had the channel and surprise to my eyes I do. I have u300 on Uverse and its 3005 but doest appear to be in HD

14. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Actually, Unimas is an over the air channel in a lot of places including here in Las Vegas. They show a ton of telenovelas which is Mexican for Russ Meyer TV. Example:

[​IMG]

If I still have a liver after the Hull game, I plan on watching the Crew pummel the ClashQuakes.

ZipSix repped this.
  15. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You must have spanish language package because I am on next tier up and cant find it...

16. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you have to love Mexican TV. they don't even pretend that they're doing anything other than parading boobs around. the honesty is refreshing.

In any case, if you've got DTV the smart call is to skip the Spanish language channel package and get the extended sports instead. then you can watch beIN all day. It's just wonderful.

17. ZipSix

ZipSix BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2000
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get it (via DirecTV in Boston) and I watch it whenever MLS games are on it.

RoleModel83 repped this.
  18. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    According to that link Unimas averages 229K viewers per MLS game and pays 9-10 million dollars per year. That compares favorably to NBC Sports Network at 112K viewers per game and 10 million per year. I'm pretty surprised NBCSN doesn't get more than 112K nationally.

19. porchlight

porchlight Member+

Jul 27, 2013
    Crawlumbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Any place in New Albany show the game?? off Hamilton rd?

20. Kyle Crew

Kyle Crew Member+

Feb 23, 2013
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Um... yes it does.
    Thanks for beating me to it :thumbsup:

21. FootyRef

FootyRef Member+

Apr 13, 2007
    Westerville, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, I'll ask here and in the match thread...will Fourth Street be showing the match?

22. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    The guide on my TV thinks the Colorado Rapids are playing the San Jose Earthquakes.

I have TWC

23. timpegoose

timpegoose Member

Jul 4, 2013
    Toledo, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This might actually be a better place to post this I suppose. Thanks ahead of time if anybody has something. I'm not having much luck.

24. CBusAlex

CBusAlex Member

Jun 17, 2011
    Orlando, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If it makes you guys feel any better, UniMas can't tell us apart from Colorado either:

[​IMG]

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then why the ******** didn't he just post that information instead of posting a link to a ********ing Wikipedia page, apparently on the assumption that I sit here all day long hoping for the chance to read whole Wiki pages before the nurse comes by with my meds?

Anyway, thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you could run a little seminar on how cut and paste is done. Now excuse me I have to go cheek tuck some Zoloft.