Rumor: The Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Luis Enrique remain or quit?

1. He should stay

45.7%
  2. He should go

54.3%
  1. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
    Robert Moreno Gonzales

he's only 33. he's that bloke who always has his headphones on

[​IMG]

he's so young i confused him for Lamela at the start of the season

2. RomaWolf

RomaWolf Member

Feb 27, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    LE is good but not for Roma, when i watched Roma-Napoli the last goal, and i saw he got happy that made me kinda mad, why should we be happy to draw with Napoli in Stadio Olympico when the points are so important for us because these r the last matches, i am not saying this is the reason i dont like him, he had enough games to try his tactics, he saw after couple of games that it doesnt work like that, i know it was difficult for him also with injuries .. but still Roma needs an EXPERIENCED manager. just my opinion

3. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what I dislike how many of u are stabbing LE..

Like DDR once claiming to me, "in order for LE football to work you need to give him 1 and half years"..when i told him i give him half a year only..

its just one year, and he wants him out already.and the word patience was sent down to the toilet with the excuse "there is no improvement over start of the year"...altho there is some minimal improvement.

4. schnix

schnix Member+

Roma
    North Korea
    Jan 2, 2012
    SFR YUGOSLAVIA
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia and Montenegro
  5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am hoping its inter, would love to see them crash next year :)

6. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No one here is asking for LE's head on stick. We just realize he's more then likely leaving and we like to discuss what other managers may be coming here in the coming months.

For me personally I do think it might be best if we part company, but at the same time I wonder what LE can do with proper defenders, a full preseason, a real assistant coach, and another creative midfielder.

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    All of you LE advocates are fighting a losing argument.

He was the first choice anyway!!! "The project is off track" or "The project is finished". Really? Because now I think this makes it exactly the way it was intended to be in a competitive (not business) aspect

9. PaoloFCB

PaoloFCB Member+

Mar 22, 2011
    Roma-Italia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wish LE to go RAUS and Vincenzino Montella coming back home!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

10. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I did say that, however when you are dealing with a long term project you also need to continually asses and analyze the situation. You can't be ignorant on the back of a statement you made 8 months ago. I still do believe that LE's system would have required a lot of time. However since then I have seen a lot of other things. A general lack of progress from the team ... as a matter of fact a regression from the team. I also see the coach himself as being defeated and not really having the strenght to lift the team through this rough patch. So based on those things I feel it might be best to part ways with the coach.

11. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Luis will stay. Totti has backed him after the draw and says he would like him to stay for next season.

12. ilfuturogb6

ilfuturogb6 Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think he should stay. Yes, we did not have a great season, but when we play how he thinks we should, ie pass, pass, attack in fast fashion, we were unstoppable. I think he deserves one season, with a proper back line.

Andreas repped this.
  13. Deand21594

Deand21594 Member+

Jan 24, 2012
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I Concur

14. Foto

Foto Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm good either way.

15. wm72

wm72 Member+

Dec 3, 2010
    New York
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope Enrique stays. 100% behind him.

I knew coming into this season that the roster wasn't what it needed to be and that he was hired as a coach that would perhaps have to grow himself along with all the youth brought in. Yes, he made tactical errors and I'm disappointed we'll probably Europe next year but none of that changes the big picture for me which is simply that stability will be more than likely be better than any other option.

I still want to see what he can do with a year under his belt and a decent array of defenders.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Yesterday Luis Enrique was on RAI and said a week ago he knew what he was going to do and now he's no longer certain. Which leads me to believe that unfortunately he might be staying.

17. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Players certainly want him to stay, that's pretty clear now. I'm uncertain myself. That second Totti goal was pure tiki taka and it showed me that the team did learn something from him. I can see him doing much better with a proper defense, but I don't see him getting one of the top 3 places next year unless he changes his away tactics considerably.

18. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I want Enrique to stay.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Good for you

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The problem to me is I just don't see anything from this team. I find it unbelievable that the only time we counter attack and actually RUN upfield is when the tide has already turned against us. Before that all our offensive plays are slow, making sure we give all 11 of our opponents plenty of time to move into position.

I really like Luis Enrique the man, I think he's a stand up person of highest standard. I can understand the players like him. However one has to acknowledge some of the other circumstances. They train less with him than with previous coaches. All the loses and all the disgraces have been accepted. It's a pretty comfortable environment.

I just think we would be better of building from what we started in similar direction with a different coach. Wether it be Villas Boas or Zeman. I don't think Luis Enrique will be able to adapt his vision to some of the realities of Italian football. It's not that it can't be done, it's that it needs to be adapted.

21. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I want him to stay, yes I am changing my opinion.I dont want AVB at all costs.You guys put me in this position

22. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm starting to think the AVB rumors are nothing more then rumors. If AVB was coming then LE would surely know if he is leaving or not. And I don't think Boas is waiting around until the last minute to find out if LE wants to stay. From the interviews I've read today he seemed some what optimistic and all the players backed him to stay.

I'd be very surprised if he left and I'd be even more surprised if the Roman staff already had a replacement lined up.

23. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    And good for many, many other romanisti.

24. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Look over the last nine games, the 9th game ago being the Milan game. Over that period the hostilely has really grown, I guess it really started after the Lecce game. But is it his fault, the players have no balls when Totti is not on the pitch? Remember, here there were a few hoping Totti would be sold, ( one poster even commented it would be purely wishful thinking on our behalf he would head to the MLS) LOL,, saying he is no longer needed etc etc. The players dont have the character to play when we dont have the focal points of the team to lead them. Maybe, the penny dropped for some last night, that Totti is still the best, still the most important player in this squad. Without him, know one has the tactical maturity to play his role, resulting in losing our balance.
    But next season he is a year older, possibly that little bit slower, little bit more worse for wear after such a performance.

Have we someone ready to carry his load? No imo. Lamela, is the only player we have who has the potential to fill this position but it is not fair to expect so much from his yet. The way I see it, if Roma continue with this system, this position is critical to the whole build up and attacking phase of play and we need a quality player bought for this position as well as it is also not fair to expect everything from Totti anymore.

The 2 really horrible results in those nine games, lecce and Juve. Did LE set his team up to perform like a Lega Pro team against Lecce? Did he set his team up to go out and give away 2 goals in 8 mins against Juve, did he want the ref to cheat Stek AGAIN? (Bastard). The Fiorentina result, was typical of the defence, he dominated them for the whole 45 mins, if it had of finished 1-1, many would have said, we played well, we were unlucky etc etc, but we conceded late and LE is shit, doesnt know what he is doing etc

The Milan game away, LE set the team up perfectly imo, just we run into Ibra. He excepted we could not just go out and play how he wanted, he recognised a stronger opponent and acted as a manager, he did his job. However, some one here then said, he sacrificed his principles. :confused::confused: . Rinus Michels, the man who invented this way of playing wrote in his book "Team building, the road to success" that a coach, bottom line must always think of how to get a positive result first.

Last night the players fought back again, would that have happened under Ranieri? but of course this has nothing to do with LE in some peoples eyes, the players were only thinking about the fans or playing in EL. The man cannot win.

He is not perfect, he has his flaws. He has pissed me of many times this season, probably most in the Atalanta away game tactically but it's his first year in management, there has been improvement but some wont look past their dislike of the man.

The words of Francesco Totti

“I hope he will remain. In my view Luis Enrique is a great Coach and we need to give him time. In their first year almost everyone got it wrong at Roma.
    “The
    team
    is behind him completely and he gives his all. I hope he can stay, as he has a great future ahead of him."

25. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe those who are looking forward to more humiliation