Rumor: The Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Luis Enrique remain or quit?

1. He should stay

45.7%
  2. He should go

54.3%
  1. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Nah, Luis enrique. He is foreigner, Mazzarri is italian.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Color me crazy but out of those name I'd only consider Montella or Prandelli.

3. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Have to agree.

I really didnt like Montella's attitude towards us after he leftm but I would be fine with him coming back.

I am still intrigued by AVB like I was last summer, his Chelsea time did effect my opinion of him one bit.

4. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Based on your arguments tho they are losers, they have zero titles.

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Well I found today's names and rumors to be very strange. On hand the article claimed Baldini and Sabatini are both trying to convince Luis Enrique to stay, then it went on to mention names that are very much a departure from LE. To me if they want LE to stay then it seems obvious to look to a guy like Villas Boas or even say Zeman, who are on a similar path to what we begun. However to consider Capello, Allegri, and so on seems like you would not even be considering keeping LE.

6. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    You've really become quite the smart ... these last couple of days ;)

You could say my entire argument with you in regards to not winning titles had more to do with Mazzarri than any credentials I might have of a new coach. I just don't understand your infatuation with such a one dimensional coach with so many character flaws and found it humorous how you would dismiss someone that has actually won a substantial amount of trophies for a coach who is so mediocre and prone to get himself red carded.

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think if their switching to these big name coaches its because their worried about attracting players when were not in Europe. So having a high quality and respected coach will still bring in some of those players.

I would really like us to get someone older like Capello and have AVB as coach in waiting/assistant coach. Its an idea I dont see us doing because it would be expenisve but I think it would be good for all coaches involved and help the club long term.

8. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Or it could be invented media speculation. A lot of the names don't make any sense. Capello won't come unless he's given a certain calibre of player. Prandelli is currently employed with the Italian NT, and at best will be available after the Euros which sets the entire market back. Allegri may or may not get fired from Milan, I believe the later due to financial restrictions. Montella is the only jolly in the bunch.

9. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Very true. At this rate i think its about 75% it will be AVB it makes complete sense since he was our first choice last summer and he doesnt have that horrible buy-out clause anymore. He needs a strong assistant though.

I am just glad we dont have to deal with everyone all over Ancelotti's balls this summer about want him to come to Roma.

10. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What about Alberto De Rossi as assistant coach? I think he's proven himself very much so with the Primavera.

11. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's been offered it in the past and has always declined. He's very comfortable where he is.

12. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    I am with you on this, I am repeating myself here, but I wanted Montella for this season instead of LE.

Yeah either one of these I would be satisfied.

13. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Maybe I am biased, but out of the names mentioned:

1. Prandelli - will mean that our summer will be once again screwed, and maybe the season will be a failure again. Moreover, I don't quite like how Italy plays and do think they will have a hard time passing from the qualifying round of EC...
    2. Capello - he is totally dead for me, and he will entirely kill the project centered on new system and young generation
    3. Allegri - totally dependent on Ibra and Cassano...And by the way, he is no tactics genius
    4. Montella - will simply mean that our top management was totally wrong...may also mean the entrenchment of old senators, who are/were friends with him...Moreover, one good season at Catania tells me nothing...And one more thing, he even started regularly playing Motta, probably due to his connection during Roma days...

For me still AVB would be the best solution and a picture of what our management wanted to do, considering he was our first choice coach and not LE...If not AVB, then I'd rather stick with LE for one more season and give him the high quality CBs and wing-backs...

14. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DDR, I am not crazy on mazzarri.I rate him high, but I am not dead on him.

ALl what I want is italian at the helm.I dont want outsider, I want someone italian or foreigner willing to adapt.
    conte allegri were nowhere when juve milan gave them chances.I am sure we can find top managers which we can recruit and give chance at a top club like ours.Be IT mazzarri or someone else.

stefano pioli, is another name i highly consider.
    AVB is similar to LE, his stint at chelsea ( which i watched) tells me he isnt the man for us.Much like LE, HE will try to push his crazy system over us...

As I say enough is enough, go watch la liga or portugese league if u are obssessed with those coaches. we are roma, with italian blood and play italian league..

15. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    We'd have to wait a long time for Prandelli only if Italy reaches the finals, which I think won't happen. He should be available by the end of June, which is fine. As for the transfers, he can always talk to Sabatini about what players he wants, I don't see why that would be a problem, we do have a sporting director who's good at his job.

16. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This. A strong assistant coach is very undervalued these days.

Who the hell is LE's assistant? I don't think I've ever seen him.

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Neither Conte or Allegri would have been successful outside of those systems. I really don't see why we are putting them on mountains. Allegri almost got knocked out by an Arsenal that made a near impossible comeback, he was them eliminated by a rather mediocre and tired Barcelona. As for Conte let's see what he does next season, sure Juve's defense has been a rock but I don't think they are so impressive. Time and time again they let Milan back into the race this season. I can't help but wonder if his Juve would be in the same position had Roma, Inter, and Milan had better seasons.

As for the notion that a coach must be Italian I just don't agree with it. Contrary to some people's beliefs there have been plenty of foreign coaches that have been successful in Serie A. The number would be even larger if foreign coaches had been more accepted in the past, I expect the number to greatly increase in the next 20 years as globalization. Whether or not Villas Boas is right for Serie A remains to be seen, however I think writing him off completely based on Chelsea seems foolish, after all he was with Mourinho at Inter. He should have picked up a thing or too.

18. Midfield General

Jun 14, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree with DDR with regards to Juve and would also point out that they have had a remarkably injury free campaign.

19. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    he run away, ivan de la pena.

20. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He picked family ove the game, good for him. He didnt run away.

21. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So has LE been going this entire season without a number two? Jeez LE really got screwed over this season.

22. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's had that kid with the ipad next to him.

23. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What happened to his fam?

24. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I believe his wife said she wasnt coming to Italy with his daughters.

25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That scared of Italy?