Rumor: The Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Luis Enrique remain or quit?

1. He should stay

45.7%
  2. He should go

54.3%
  1. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Have you ever heard: "fix it, before it breaks"...This is the approach that leads to success, not the one that rests on doing nothing until the damages are incurred...This approach led to the success of Singapore, if you need evidence...

2. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Why are you still arguing? Don't you know what they say about arguing on internet? "Arguing over internet is like Special Olympics. No matter who wins, everyone are still retarded."

3. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Actually, neither of the coaches has won anything yet, except for Spalletti...Mancini might well lose the EPL, Ancelotti the Ligue 1 and Di Matteo will win the CL only thanks to big big luck

4. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Di Matteo is Swiss anyways, just like Osvaldo is Argentinian

5. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am arguing, because we are doing another critical mistake.If no one else sees it fine, but our status as giant club in serie a is being jeopradized with this experiments and outsides with no clue who come to coach us.
    You want outsider? go get someone with experience..and proven..like guus hiddink..not friggin amateurs like villas boas or LE.

but hey lets move from one experiment into another..lets keep testing...trial & error...
    And let this retards be exposed by average italian manager on the counter attack game.

6. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Again, no need to attack us here. We aren't the ones hiring AVB(or anyone for that matter). You won't accomplish anything, just get people to dislike you.

7. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    First of all we always have been somewhat of a second teir team. The big teams in Italy are Juve and the Milan teams. Then us. We always have been playing catch up.

Hiddink isnt available, once again brining up people like that doesnt help your arguement.

8. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    AVB failed at Chelsea for the same reason Roma was 2 points within winning the Scudetto in 2010 to in less than a year later losing 4-3 after being 3-0 up at half time against Genoa.

LE hasn't necessarily failed, he's failed to meet the ambitions of an irrational media and fanbase, if Lucho still had the strong mentality he had pure season he'd still be here I think. Unfortunately for him he let the media get to him and his morale visually dropped each week.

There's nothing personal Henchag I think everyone is sick of seeing Mazzari being mentioned. Looking forward to read your list of 20 changes who will take this Roma job focused on attack and youth.

DDR repped this.
  9. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    20 managers ahead of avb.I give the 17 managers of clubs bar milan, inter & juve.
    dont tell me they are not available, we are friggin roma capable of recruiting any manager of those clubs. We are club who invested 70 m plus last summer. The roma coaching job is very attractive for many to ditch there current positions to join us.
    I give u on top of it zola, lippi, capello, di matteo ( in case leaves chelsea), prandelli and heck even ranieri i take ahead of AVB.
    More then 20.. I even can get more, becoz I rate AVB down the toilet. This is idiot question to ask me to name 20, u did the same with LE..asking me to name a better replacement and i told u every manager in serie a & serie b.
    my answer is same, coz AVB is one I rate as crap.Next to LE.

And enough with BS opinion, like "youth".We are playing youth not because we dont have an italian manager..but because of Sabatini & his signings which focus on youth.You give this project to guidolin or colantouno they would use young players too.
    And last i checked sanchez, isla were young players guidolin developed.

And moreover, I am willing to know what the ambitions we put which was irrational for you? We have same points as atalanta (without there deducted), 2 points ahead of parma, 4 points ahead of bologna, 5 ahead of catania. You dont find this failure? With no fatigue from european football?
    Anyway, I want my roma back. Enough experiment.I want someone familiar with our enviroment, knows the league or a foreigner willing to adapt.
    not villas boas & LE forcing there methods on our team, getting exposed for there mediocre coaching on the counters....
    enough is enough

10. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    So, you want your mediocre Roma back, with Sensi as the president and Ranieri as the coach, Doni in the goal and Borriello up-front, Pizarro twisting and turning and Taddei playing a forward...Good choice!!! Basically, you admit that you don't need a project, you don't want to develop your team into the one that can actually win the Scudetto without the help of the scandals and point deductions, to be always eliminated at best at the last 16 stage of CL...Good, really good...

11. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Henchag literally lost an entire day arguing on bigsoccer

12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wait, who says avb can't stop a counter attack? Don't assume!

13. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lololol 'your Roma back'. Didn't know we were the masterclasses of calcio

14. whill4

whill4 Moderator
    Staff Member

AS Roma
    Sep 11, 2011
    Returning Video Tapes
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah I think people are thinking of AVB in the wrong way. Besides a couple results most of his games he lost he only lost by a goal. His main problem at Chelsea was scoring. He drew a lot of 1-1 games, and he'd probably still be at Chelsea if he had a consistent goal scorer.

I remember watching quite a few games where Chelsea would just dominate and then when they'd get into a dangerous area Torres would shank the ball into row F in the stands. Then the opposition would get one or two breaks the entire game and would score off one of the them. And then he'd lose 1-0 or draw.

15. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think you live in an alternative universe.

Andreas repped this.
  16. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    He didn't have a suitable striker for his tactics, except from Sturridge(who he had to use on the wing, and who flourished under him). Drogba and Torres aren't suited for his tactics, and Lukaku is still a kid. He couldn't get another striker, because they overpaid on Torres and Lukaku. Basically, he was set up to fail, like LE was in Roma with our defense. Burdisso was our only defender who COULD MAYBE play his system, and he spent the entire season injured.

And Henchag, from everything you've written so far, I see that you don't know anything about AVB. You just blindly hate him for god knows what reason. He plays a 4-3-3 formation that presses high up the pitch and once it gets the ball it's time for a quick counter. No possession football, but countering. How is that not suitable for Italy?

The problems I see with getting AVB are his mentality, and the fact that as Drogba and Torres, Totti too isn't suited for his tactics very much. We don't have that many senators like Chelsea, they not only have Terry and Lampard, but also Drogba, Cole, Essien, Cech. He pretty much got on all of their bad sides, and that's what worries me. I hope he learned a lesson.

17. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    What was wrong with Pizarro? He was without doubt one of our most important players. Without him, on many times our game fell apart. We need another gifted playmaker back, (one who can keep the ball again) in this side which is why I want Marvin Martin or Alberto Aquilani back.

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    In this whole long winded arguement this is probably the only really honest post about Chelsea and AVB.

The problem was that Chelsea was not ready for AVB, they did not have a young team that needed an identity. They needed a Ranieri type, who got to Rome and after a bit of experimenting decided "you guys do what you know to do best." Then put the team on auto-pilot with Spalletti's tactics. If AVB was meant to come in for a rebuilding project at Chelsea then he probably arrived a season too early.

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Rumors that Prandelli, Montella, Allegri, and Capello are also being considered.

20. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
  21. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    lets hope so. I think Allegri will be leaving milan if he fails to win the title, he would be awesome choice.
    I said he would be great manager when he was at cagliari.Very solid choice.

Capello is born winner, no need to comment on him.
    Montella, I doubt him.Because in case we bring him back, baldini would look like a defeated man.he arrived to calcio and made of italian football an enemy for himself.hiring forienger etc etc, I doubt his ego would let him hire montella.

Prandelli another fantastic option.I rate Prandelli higher then Mazzarri or Guidolin.

22. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland
    I'd love to give Prandelli the chance he'd never had at coaching Roma. Was happy when he was back in 2004 but had to leave since his wife was very ill. Only thing is that if he is indeed the one we have to wait till Italy gets out of the Euros.

23. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Prandelli would be a great choice, hope the rumours of him being considered is true.

24. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Prandelli would be my first choice out of the lot. No to Capello and Lippi, and indifferent on Montella and Allegri.

25. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nah, Mazzarri