Rumor: The Coaching Thread

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
?

Should Luis Enrique remain or quit?

1. He should stay

45.7%
  2. He should go

54.3%
  1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Continued from here ...

So rumors are a blaze that Luis Enrique is more or less done with Roma. Today Goal.com has picked on yesterday's reports and added their own little twists claiming he's already informed the management that he will leave and that Villas Boas will replace him.

Also not mentioned here is the quote from De Rossi this past weekend where he said that in case Luis Enrique leaves they could go on and play football without him. It certainly feels like everything is already decided.

2. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I dont know what to vote.It all depends on the replacement.

Walter Mazzarri is welcomed, but if its that retard villas boas..I rather stay with LE.
    I am in favor of new coach, but one that has to be proven experienced & coming off success too.Also knows the enviroment, the league etc etc.

and this is from another forum what a sampdoria fan posted on Mazzarri below.He is a winning coach that is a fact, and given the chance at top club like ours he will deliver.he would leave Napoli, as he knows Napoli hit there peak...and whatever manager coaching napoli from now on can only do worse..not better.

3. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Mazzarri must be the only winning coach that hasn't actually won anything. What a winner! Even the "retard" Villas Boas has managed to win more than him.

4. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

Stop being idiot, look at the clubs managed.
    What has Spalletti won before coming to roma? What did he win with roma ( anything meaningful?)..And look how he delivered 2 titles with zenit.
    The success of Mazzarri warrants him a move to a top club, whereas villas boas big time failure at chelsea warrants him a position in serie b

5. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    How am I being an idiot? Everything I said is true. Mazzarri has not "won" anything. He has no trophies in his cabinet So he must be the only "winning" coach that hasn't actually won any trophies. Even Villas Boas has more trophies in his cabinet than Mazzarri, that's another truth.

You might not like it but it's true.

Mazzarri is also one of the few coaches in Serie A that couldn't beat Luis Enrique, which really says a lot. Everyone and their mother figured out how to beat Luis Enrique, but Mazzarri was to stubborn or stupid to put it into practice. Then you have the most important factor ... the guy is the coach of Napoli. I don't really see why he would leave Napoli to come here.

As for my personal assessment well sorry mate but I don't like the guy. He's a one trick pony that can only play one formation with an awful pennant for getting himself red carded. He's kind of an Italian version of Luis Enrique in his one dimensionality. Personally I believe the only reason he's even looked good is because of the mediocrity of Serie A. If Roma and Inter had been in form this season then there is no way Napoli would have made CL.

6. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So you want to judge MAZZARRI on not winning titles with napoli, reggina and sampdoria? Give him a chance at a club as ours, or inter or milan then open your big mouth.Until then shut it.
    Spalletti got to be "losing" manager before joining zenit, in your words too I guess.Or even Prandelli he has zero trohpies in his cabinet.He has to be "losing" manager too.

And how do u forget the 3 - 1 whooping mazzarri gave in the CL to villas boas? with an inferior team?So much for the mighty boas!

Results show above, the guy is a winner wherever he went.You have zero responses to counter his success.Other then the idiocy you spread "he has no titles with reggina, sampdoria & napoli", " he has no plan b"..

The guy has every qualification to be the new roma manager, more then LE or villas boas.Results show & prove whatever you write on the man is nothing but idiocy

7. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I don't want to give Mazzarri a change I dislike him, I think he's overrated, and I don't want to play with a 3 man defense. It's really that simple.

Also the CL victory really doesn't mean squat, the return leg proved that. When the players play against you there is not much to be done. Ranieri can attest to that.

8. Moebek

Moebek Member+

Sep 16, 2011
    Cairo
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    Wow what's with the hostility Henchag? This is an open forum and everyone is free to express his opinion

9. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Is Mazzarri your relative, Henchag? Are you in love with him? I really don't see a reason to get that worked up over some coach who never has and maybe never will coach your team...

10. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland
    Il Romanista reporting that Mazzari won't get the job for personal motives

Also mentioned are Prandelli, Allegri, Montella and Pioli

11. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

I am mentioning the best choice I see, but I dont mind 2nd 3rd or even 4th choices.
    The list of deini impresses me.
    I hope last year tought you , ddr and zako some lessons.And you wont be arrogant again.LE showed us his "brilliance" you 3 talked about to me.

Anyway, AVB is just another blind follow many of you are starting.Same like LE.

12. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Luciano Spalletti

13. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Still, no need to scream at us. We're not the ones who will hire anybody(and neither are you) and we certainly are allowed to support whomever we want.

14. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
  15. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    well, if AVB is our manager I might as well commit suicide.
    I cant believe we are taking our project down to the toilet.ridiculous.

16. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Relax Henchag...

1) nothing has happened yet
    2) Villas Boas might not be as bad as you think

17. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I am sorry, but I am losing my temper of this AVB rumours.I dont want him as simple as that.Yes, I was very hostile.Wrong from my part.
    I dislike it, how on various roma forums already many started finding excuses for his failures at chelsea.

Either keep LE if AVB is the choice, or get us real coach.

18. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Maybe LE won't be that bad next year...as you think...

19. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    More Villas Boas rumors, Valencia's press officer claims Valencia tried to move for the coach and reached out to him but was turned away because they already have something underway.

20. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say I believe these rumors are true. I believe Luis Enrique had already told the management of his decision to leave, we'd seen some time that he's defeated. And the management has lined up Villas Boas. I'm certain when the season ends the change will be made.

It makes sense for a lot of reasons. But most importantly for these: Villas Boas was the original 1st choice. Luis Enrique and Villas Boas play very similar football. This means you wouldn't have wasted a year, a switch to just about another coach would signal starting from scratch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel this is what's coming. I don't think the management is ready to abandon their idea of how they want the team to play. So going with Villas Boas makes sense for them.

21. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Henchag has a knife next to his computer. Mazzari won nothing like DDR said and he is 1 dimensional. Step in wrong direction

22. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Enrique is loved by every single player, Totti and De Rossi included. Every player, staff member and opposing players and managers have praised his methods. Overall, they appreciate him even more than Spalletti and Ranieri who had their share of problems with certain players. For once we have a coach and all our players on the same page, and we're ready to throw that all away because we're so impatient.

23. Loomis

Loomis Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Zagreb
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    it's so frustrated that people can't have patients. He was destroyed by the fans and the media

24. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    If you can't take the heat, get out of the street.

25. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland
    Don't know which newspaper reported it but Baldini already locked up Villas Boas in March. Was widely reported that the two have met during that time.