The Coaching Thread ** LE is leaving **

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, May 11, 2012.

?

Who should be the next Roma coach?

1. Montella

8.3%
  2. Villas Boas

77.8%
  3. Guidolin

8.3%
  4. Pioli

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Prandelli

5.6%
  1. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Baldini has just confirmed that Luis Enrique is leaving and gave him his decision to leave after Roma - Fiorentina.

2. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He also denied reports that he was going to leave, instead saying they will select a new coach and move forward.

"Vogliamo continuare a proporre un certo tipo di calcio, con una persona adatta a farlo. Nelle statistiche del campionato la Roma è prima in tutte le classifiche che misurano la qualità del gioco."

"We want to continue to propose a certain type of football, with the right person for it. In the statistics of the league Roma was first in all the statistics that measure the quality of the game."

3. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
  4. Deini

Deini Member

Aug 29, 2006
    Holland
    No Montella please. After reading some journalism from Corriere Dello Sport, he is willing to give Pizarro and Perrotta a chance again if he becomes coach again.

Andreas repped this.
  5. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Pioli wouldn't be a bad choice imo,doing a fantastic job with Bologna this season and done quite well with Chievo the season before.

6. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    Guidolin, AVB or Prandelli. Don't care which one.

7. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Now it is totally clear that LE has had a moral defeat well before the Fiorentina game...Poor guy, he could not bear the media/fan pressure...

I am all for Villas-Boas, call me naive if you like...But, I feel all other proposed coached would be a step back

8. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I like AVB as well but I would be worried we'd have the same problems defensively,we all saw what happened when Napoli played Chelsea.

9. SoCalYid

SoCalYid Member+

Jun 11, 2011
    BigSoccer :)
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like AVB....

I'm not to excited by any of the choices to be honest but I'll say AVB.

10. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Don't get me wrong, but Napoli has caused havoc to nearly every "big" team defense, both in Italy and abroad, especially when playing at home

11. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    Will Enrique leave immediately or will he be on the bench for the last time against Cesena?

12. Big Tom

Big Tom Member+

Sep 11, 2011
    In Jimmy's Fountain
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nah he'll see out the season,just watch the players put in a good last performance for him.

13. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  14. shiboboo

shiboboo Member+

Nov 13, 2010
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I'd rather have Bielsa, but that won't happen. If it's between AVB and Montella, I'll hope for AVB.

15. Senna100

Senna100 New Member

Dec 16, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    If AVB will sign, it will be the end of Totti. Look how het threated Lampard etc this year.

Why does nobody mention Capello?

16. La Magica

La Magica Member+

Aug 1, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Ronald Koeman has done wonders with a young Feyenoord squad playing attacking football. But he would not be free

17. un capitano

un capitano Member

May 11, 2012
    Why would it be the end of Totti? Totti proves himself every season, Lampard is nowhere near Totti in terms of ability. Vilas Boas didn't leave Lampard out because he was old, he left him out because he didn't believe he was good enough or fitted the system. Totti is on another level in terms of ability to Lampard and is still one of the best players in Serie A as well as having all the technical attributes to fit AVB's game.

18. Henchag

Henchag Member+

Aug 26, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    where is mazzarri? just joking...

Anyway, my vote goes to prandelli..

whill4 repped this.
  19. Giallorossi_10

Giallorossi_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2006
    Denmark
    Club:
    AS Roma
    pretty sure Capello said he wanted to coach Premier league and his paycheck is prob around a gazillion :p

20. Ragnaroz

Ragnaroz Member+

Jan 31, 2010
    Paracin
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    I'm worried about AVB and Totti too. Totti doesn't fit his system, much like Lampard didn't at Chelsea, but if AVB is willing to change the system a bit, they should be able to cohabitate.

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I understand why AVB is an exciting option but if he's hired, I think he may wind up having the same destiny as LE. Like LE, AVB will want to impose his own system and may risk short-term results to do so. This is okay if the club is willing to give him time to make these changes. But, as we all know, Romanisti want to get back into the CL next year. No time to be wasted. I feel like results are more important than style points for the next manager. Is AVB who you guys want among those rumored?

Henchag repped this.
  22. Andreas

Andreas Member+

May 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Greece
    I'm dreaming of Luciano Spalletti.

Gouti repped this.
  23. un capitano

un capitano Member

May 11, 2012
    Why exactly would Totti not fit in his sytem? Totti is one of the most creative footballers around, Lampard is pretty average and goes missing during games.

24. forza venti

forza venti Member

Jul 23, 2006
    MI
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I voted for AVB, but would also be happy with Prandelli. I like what he's done with the Azzurri for the most part.

And no Montella, please...

25. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Definitely avb. Someone said it before Roma needs a tactician and not just a motivator