The 'Classic Clips' Thread

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Gregoriak, Jul 21, 2007.

1. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    The Best Showboat Save of All Time

Did Higuita really have to make that save that way? It wasn't like he was facing a bullet.

2. noone23

noone23 New Member

Apr 9, 2008
    SE PA
    Row Well and Live

I like that little quote from Ben Hur(as spoken in the film by Jack Hawkins). Anyway, Loewenboy, I totally agree with your assessment of the Bundesliga of the 70s and 80s compared to what is on offer today. It's just not like it used to be(when it was very good indeed).

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Re: The Best Showboat Save of All Time

Apparently yes. ;)

4. KennyDaglish

KennyDaglish New Member

Jul 14, 2008
  5. Gregoriak

Gregoriak BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Attention all Gerd Müller fans!

There's now a channel at YouTube dedicated entirely to the goals of "Der Bomber"!

Gerd Müller Goal Productions

6. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    "Kleines fettes dickes Müller" has to take care of a guy named Ibisevic...;)

But his goals are still unique!

7. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Well one great season isn't really saying too much. In 1967, a certain Peter Meyer had scored 19 goals in the first 15 games of the 67-68 season, he had even ousted Gerd Müller temporarily from the national team. If not for an injury that he had picked up, he might have scored 30 or 35 goals that season. Not always saying much...

8. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Gerd Müller Bundesliga goals for the following seasons have been added:

1974-75
    1975-76
    1976-77

9. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The last time I checked, Jurgen Klinsmann was from Germany. :p

10. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Klinsi is a manager, not a player, so he doesn't fall at all "these days". And you give one name for Deutschland, whereas for Italia, the home of diving, the list is pretty much endless. Toni, Gilardinho, Dida, etc. etc. etc.

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    ey, ,u ain gona be getin in tracy's good books like this!! :p

12. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Dida is Brazilian. Who's Gilardinho?

13. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but he plays in the Diver's Serie A... just like a certain Jurgen Klinsmann did. Did you want to argue nature over nurture now? either way Italians suck :p

who's Gilardino? this is Gilardino

[youtube]8W00d3yJKl4[/youtube]

14. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    Jürgen Klinsmann already excelled in the diving department long before he joined Serie A. It is wrong to single-out Italians for diving - you can find players of any nation doing it. I've seen games from the 1970s involving English teams and these guys did dive as well (contrary to popular belief that the English game was dive-free in the old days).

15. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    The point is that you originally wrote "Gilardinho" which would make him Brazilian, not Italian. Dor02 certainly knows who "Gilardino" is.

16. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    jadger is just an ignorant canuck :p

on the diving issue, i think it's a cultural thing. Some count the foul well after the play and want reward if they find out they gain no advantage (it is understandable as football is about play not fouls). Some take the "too bad" view if they couldn't gain advantage after playing through the foul. Even then, there are players in both countries as G pointed out even in the 70s who take the opposite view.

17. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    but he's a homo for attempting that ridiculous dive. :p

Sure there are divers from everywhere, but what I'm saying is that their is a greater propensity in the Italian game. Just look at the examples of Gilardino and Dida, I have never seen such bad dives anywhere else as the one I posted above of Gilardino and Dida's dive when he was slapped by a Celtic fan.

As for it being "wrong" to single out the Italians for diving, why's it wrong? if you want to crack down on diving, gotta start somewhere, why not where it is more prevalent? :p

18. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    That was the best diver ever seen at Parkhead! :))

Not even Luca Toni can dive that well...:p

19. dor02

dor02 Member

Aug 9, 2004
    Melbourne
    Club:
    UC Sampdoria
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Take my advice. File a complaint to the FIGC. If that doesn't work, complain to UEFA. You could try FIFA and see if you get a response. I'd be quite interested to see what happens. ;)

Francis Lee was arguably the worst offender of them all.

20. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    wow, where'd that Mattteo user come from? lol, I'm joking around meaning it all light-hearted and he gives me a red card, then curses me in Italian lol. some people can't take jokes. If you can't laugh at yourself, you cant laugh at anyone. He could atleast get involved in the discussion

lol, I'm thinking nothing would happen, after all, it is UEFA/FIFA, not exactly known for their efficiency or being corruption free :p

21. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    On diving: I just watched a DVD of Johann Cryuff's dribbling. That guy got fouled SOOOOO damn much but he RARELY ever fell down; opting rather to use his skills to beat out the desperate attempts of people to bring him down. I was amazed at exactly how deft he was. I saw him play many, many times and still am in awe of this skills. There are FEW, if any, players these days who would stay on their feet like he did. Simply amazing.

Gerd Mueller was nother who seemed to score half his goals on his ass....or on they way down. Simply amazing!

22. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    #222 Gregoriak, Dec 26, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
    Here's a great bicycle kick by Jupp Heynckes from 1967 (German national team):

23. jadger

jadger Member

Apr 12, 2006
    Kanada
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    that was pure sex

24. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    #224 Gregoriak, Dec 27, 2008
    Well said.

Here's another one, this time from the 1982 European Cup final. Unfortunately just misses the goal! Nonetheless a fantastic effort.

25. Gregoriak

Feb 27, 2002
    Munich
    #225 Gregoriak, Dec 29, 2008
    Bicycles kick used to be quite frequently applied in German football, you hardly see them anymore these days.

Klaus Fischer - God of Bicycle Kicks (here in a 1978 friendly). Note Rainer Bonhof's superb cross (outside of his right foot). Unfortunately the English referee does not give this goal.

Another fine effort by Rummenigge (1986 World Cup):

Uwe Seeler (1970 World Cup):