The Champions vs. Real Salt Lake 4/5 7:30 P/I/P [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ChocolateCandy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I know this is shocking but you don't win from having the most chances. You win from scoring the most goals, which our designated player has done the most of since he arrived.

2. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Having more scoring chances improves your chance to win.

3. Oobers

Oobers Member+

Oct 17, 2011
    Boise
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's nice, but as we've seen the past few years a bajillion chances for Sporting usually ends up with a goose egg and the opportunity for the opposition to steal a late one off one shot. Our chances mean absolutely nothing unless we convert more of them.

4. lukeD

lukeD Member+

Jul 7, 2011
    Olathe
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not really. Soccer isn't about out-shooting your opponent its about scoring more goals. Improving your chance to win requires having a forward that puts away his one or two chances a game. And that's our problem, both No.9s are flawed.

5. MuddyPitch

MuddyPitch Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Liberty
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank god there's a bye week so we have more time to digest our own intestines.

6. jtreg

jtreg Member

Aug 16, 2010
    State of denial
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll have to make a change to my narrative if sporting get 2 - 3 more red cards in similar fashion this year. Even with this one, our body of work doesn't hold a candle to reckless, divey, naughtiness that RSL was doing last year. Sabario could have been sent off a couple weeks ago, and wasn't. Them's the breaks.

What Uri did was stupid and reckless and his discipline deserved. My position would be hurt if I ran from that. Similarly, to the folks defending Wingert's actions last year.

Anyway, better result for RSL obviously, but I think we'll continue to have success against them. It really is a shame we won't see them again unless its in a final.

I wish that team some luck in the west, even though I think they're the "Mean Girls" of MLS.

7. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh i still agree with you. i'm just saying that this hurts more because it actually took place in a game against them, so it's more of a glaring example instead of just another on a list.

they wish they were as hot as lindsay lohan was back then.

jtreg repped this.