The Champions vs. Real Salt Lake 4/5 7:30 P/I/P [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by ChocolateCandy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No penalty shootout this time. Still, judging by our recent history with RSL, this will be a nice home test. Any word on Myers returning?

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6 players will be available midweek for US-Mexico, Besler, Zusi, Beckerman, Beltran, Gil, and Rimando.

3. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This one is definitely going to be a struggle. RSL is a very very good team, and they will be looking to exact some revenge for the Cup loss. Looking at the players available for the Nats, I think it's highly likely that all but Beltran and Gil see significant minutes, so it will be mostly a wash, I bet. I always want to win, but another tie against Salt Lake wouldn't be a bad result.

4. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I'm sure we'll be wanting to demonstrate how we're the better team and thoroughly deserved the cup win.

I just hope that everyone keeps their heads this game. Don't need anyone pulling a Wingert or Espinoza here.

5. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This game could go a lot of ways. I think RSL is the best team in the league (and were last year too, despite a hilarious habit of choking). I of course want the three points, but I'd really prefer a pretty game. Both teams can do it, and it gets irritating how a big matchup like this somehow keeps turning into a boxing match. It seems about like both teams are very technical but build that technicality and flair on top of a solid base of physical, aggressive, tactical play. Maybe with that in mind, it's not possible for both teams to play pretty.

I do hope at least that RSL's string of causing injuries does not continue on this Saturday.

6. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    really looking forward to this game.

7. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Any word of RSL supporters coming down for it? I like those people.

8. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    At home, settling for a draw? No!

jtreg and Sparks27 repped this.
  9. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Yea I'm super pumped about this one.

10. Formulaic

Formulaic Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I feel like a lot of my RSL hate has been because of Kreis...I am trying to decide if I still don't like them now that he is gone. I'll never like Beckerman either, but there's at least 1 player on most teams I am not really a fan of so I should be able to look past that..i guess.

Regardless, I would muchly like us to win, and continue to get offensive production from the run of play (but if we win from a couple set piece goals I'll take it). With the recent history, I hope that the teams have settled down enough to let the match play without too much tomfoolery (from both sides).

11. BenDover

BenDover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 4, 2010
    Rio Verde, AZ
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like watching RSL. I think they are a smart and disciplined side that play quality soccer. It is going to take a really good effort from SKC to get a result against them. As far as Beckerman is concerned, I have never been a fan, but I admire his grit and ability. I look at him like the fans of other teams look at Colin.

12. 2nd Mouse

2nd Mouse Member+

Apr 11, 2012
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm having a lot of trouble working up a good disliking of you and your team. The Toronto guys were like this last week. Not to mention, it's a lot of fun to watch your team play, and if we had to lose the cup to anyone, I'm glad it was to you.*

That said, could someone please call me an asshole or make a real nasty Utah joke? God knows, you're being offered some pretty low-hanging fruit here.

This whole kumbaya vibe is very disconcerting. All the same, good luck. Really looking forward to this one.

Cheers.

*please don't let that leave this room

jtreg and Sachsen repped this.
  13. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    A lot of fans don't want to admit it, but RSL and SKC are very similar in a lot of ways, from the organization level to the fan level to the player level. You're kind of like the us of the West.

14. KopRules

KopRules Member+

May 31, 2011
    Beautiful South KC
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    #14 KopRules, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
    Disagree with this statement. SKC do what we do and own up to it, whereas RSL feed everyone a line of complete BS. And, we don't take cheap shots right out of the tunnel. We may take cheap shots, but we don't script them in the locker.

Vermes is straight forward to a fault. Kries didn't, and may never have, nor want PV's candor.

@2nd Mouse don't you worry. I for one, disliked your club then, and still dislike your club now (except for Rimando maybe). I don't really have any warm feelings for away fans at our park either (much less RSL) ... all that "brothers in soccer" blather is pretty much wasted on me. I wish you no luck Saturday. None.

Also, I'm happy Wingert (dbag) may have a groin injury. I find some justice in the fact that he may miss this rematch.

jtreg and Oobers repped this.
  15. SKCKU

SKCKU New Member

Apr 1, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
  16. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    I'm a warm and happy MLS hippie. I love all the teams.

17. Inca Roads

Inca Roads Member+

Nov 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    That's true. If I had time, I would like to do a comparison of teams and the amount of injuries they actually cause other teams in games. Because Sporting seems to really hurt very few people, and RSL's opponents lose one or two a game.

18. Ihateusernames

May 16, 2007
    Merriam, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought I skimmed something somewhere (perhaps twitter) that the game was blacked out. No one is mentioning it so considering I check twitter while attempting to wake up in the mornings, maybe I was dreaming still.

19. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seattle? DC? Chicago?

20. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS Live stream is blacked out locally because of the local TV broadcast. The game itself is definitely not blacked out.

21. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hugs for everyone!

22. ChocolateCandy

ChocolateCandy Member+

Real Madrid
    Jul 23, 2009
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, man. If you find yourself in KC, bike on in to the tailgate. We have plenty of Jell-O.

2nd Mouse repped this.
  23. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see this...

-----Saad-----Dwyer-----Zizzo----
    ----------Zusi------Feilhaber-------
    ---------------Rosell----------------
    --Sinovic--Besler--Collin--Myers--

And with the way they've both been playing, I am perfectly fine right now with alternating starts for Bieler and Dwyer. With the number of games we're playing this year, starting every other game sounds just about right for both of them.

24. Sparks27

Sparks27 Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    OMG does someone actually have Dwyer starting besides me;). Haha in all honesty I would start Bieler for a few more games..... then if he doesn't score in that time we start Dwyer.