The Cerezo Osaka Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by nipponbasse83, Jun 17, 2007.

1. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Inui looked very happy after the game, smiling as he went for a hero interview though.

2. fc koshigaya

fc koshigaya Member

Jul 14, 2005
    Saitama City,Japan
    Club:
    Omiya Ardija
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you all are neglecting a small detail.....Leandro Dominguez got his second yellow in the 28th minute so they were playing a man down (arguably best man down ) for 62 plus minutes. Granted you were up 2-0 but it seems like they would have made more of a game out of it if Leandro was on the field.

That being said, you did thrash them and probably left a mark!

3. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCwMisfZYJM"]YouTube - ‪2011-07-02??????vs????? ???? J100?????????‬‏[/ame]

Is that Chugo's wife? :eek:

4. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Wonderful performance today, Inui and Kim were excellent, Komatsu is a very underrated player and Sugimoto finally made his debut ! Every attacking player is hungry for goals, that strikes me everytime. Once Kim scored, Inui tried at least 5 times to get his one and he finally made it.

5. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    So I guess they've sorta learned their lesson after Kagawa and Inui.

My guess, Kiyotake leaves next winter for around 1.5 mil

7. sc-f

sc-f Member+

May 23, 2009
    Club:
    SC Freiburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well, I hope that if he moves he doesn't go somewhere where he is valued lower than that amount to start with.

8. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Kiyo has a contract until Dec 2012, and price tag at the moment is 2.5-3m Euro.

His salary, thou, is a ridicule 60,000 Euro/season...

Scouts of a big European club will be at the derby.

Imo, whoever buys him at 2m now makes a huge business, but I doubt Cerezo will let him go before December.

He is the best talent produced by Japan in the last couple of years, potentially, he can become as good as Kagawa and Nagatomo in Europe.

9. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Holy crap!

Is he really paid that little? Isn't he on a pro A contract?

Do you believe the conspiracy theory that Zac called him up in order to help him go to Europe?

I mean, he's been playing with the U-22's since day 1 and is pretty much the focal point of their attacks. I know that the match against Egypt is only a friendly, but it seems strange to suddenly promote him to the A team.

10. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    they can find three teams worse than them without a doubt. Montedio, Ventforet and Avispa are pretty much dead. And no, a fat Davi won't make the difference.

11. SamuraiBlue2002

SamuraiBlue2002 Member+

Dec 20, 2008
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    We're still half way through the season and you're already writing them off?

I can understand Avispa and Montedio, but Kofu?

They've made some good acquisitions lately and look like they're actually trying to survive. Montedio and Avispa have done nothing to boost their chances of survival.

Cerezo haven't done anything to address the "striker" problem ever since Adriano left. If Kiyotake leaves and they still don't make any moves in the market, it's going to be a mad fight at the bottom of the table.

edit: just look at the next two games for Cerezo and Kofu.

Kofu play Montedio away and Urawa at home. Both extremely winnable games.

Cerezo play Gamba at home and Kashima away. Both tough matches.

That 6 point gap could disappear right there.

12. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    I've watched them against Kobe the other day and I don't see them going very far. Their midfield is weak and they have a bunch of unidimensional strikers on top. If they finish higher than Cerezo, it wouldn't be my first mistake but I wouldn't bet on it either. The talent is on Cerezo's side.

If this Lopes guy is fast they'll put him as a striker and the other guys around will make him score because they're pretty good.

13. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    As Saku said, surely there will be 3 teams that will finish lower than us this season, and at the moment those 3 seems to be Avispa, Montedio and Kofu.
    Although we might lose Kiyotake, we still got quality players all over the field. We had the 2nd or 3rd best defence last year, in a season where we also scored tons of goals. Our defence is 100% similar to that of last season, and if anything it's gotten better as young players like Maruhashi and Kim got more experience (Kim's numerous errors this season is a different story though). Martinez is a gem of a player when kept injury-free, and Chugo have done a pretty good job as the clean-up guy next to him as well, although perhaps not of the same standard as Amaral last season.

And we've always had lots of players to score our goals, not only a few. Pimpao didnt really score too many goals for us did he? Adriano were better, but if we take away those 4 goals in his last game for us his tally werent that great either. Inui didnt score too much either, and Kiyo isnt a typical goalscorer either. Bando is a more than adequate good enough striker, and if he were a regular starter im positive he would have scored atleast 10 goals this season. Komatsu may have his flaws, but he's a decent enough striker him as well. and Nagai is a very promising player too.

And lets not forget Lopes. Nobody really knows what we can expect from him, and for all I know he might turn out to be another scoop. Otake as well.

So although I see ur point with so many players leaving us in the last 15 months, I think u are being a big too negative when u think we will be relegated cause of that. There's no way we will be able to challenge for a top 3 finish again anytime soon, unless we get some money we can strengthen our team with, but I think our team is more than good enough to atleast get a midtable finish, with our without Kiyotake.

On a different note, I wonder if Culpi will bother to stay a Cerezo-coach when all these players he's sort of brought up are leaving him, one after another. Surely he must have ambitions of winning things him as well, and I'm a lil worried he might not be happy with Cerezo maybe becoming nothin more than a "farmer-club" for bigger J1-teams (like Gamba) and European clubs.

14. nipponbasse83

nipponbasse83 Member+

Jun 17, 2007
    Ichikawa, Chiba, Japan
    Club:
    Consadole Sapporo
    Nat'l Team:
    Norway
    With all that being said, I'm not ruling out the possibility of us bein involved in the relegation-battle, and as a worst case scenario being relegated, but I would be very very surprised and of course disappointed if it happened.

15. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Thanks to that he won pretty stuffed schedule in September. Now he's in both teams. At least he should get some cash from playing in NT to help his budget.

16. GunnerTNB

GunnerTNB Member+

Apr 4, 2011
    São Paulo
    Club:
    Botafogo Rio Janeiro
    How about that new shirt Cerezo used in the match against Gamba? Is it some kind of commemorative uniform or a new home kit?

17. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  18. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    They're really cool, and I went to buy one after the game.

Until they told me they cost 22,000 yen. :eek:

19. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So we will be robbed again? :eek:

20. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Two years contract for Kiyotake was a poor move.

Especially the year after losing Kagawa at 0.35m Euro.

Haraguchi, Ono and Usami have/had five years

Yes, you will be screwed again, and you deserve it, I think. :)

Just hope Otake is the next Inui.

21. Saku²

Saku² Member+

Aug 22, 2009
    Club:
    FC Salzburg
    Maybe it's Cerezo's policy to not prevent their players from going higher ? They'll know they won't get a lot of money since Japanese players have no real status yet.
    When we win the WC in 2014, it'll change ... :)

EDIT: and Kudos to them for recruiting Ronaldinho.

22. karolb

karolb Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    hahahah yea :D

23. artml

artml Member

Liverpool FC
    Ukraine
    Jul 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So Cerezo's management team is crappy at par with other Japanese clubs. Ugh.

24. Majster2

Majster2 Member+

Apr 23, 2010
    Poland
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Seems like not only me was a little startled watching the game. It's was striking (maybe not on this photo though)!
    [​IMG]
    And to tell you the truth, I'm a big fan of more traditional, stripped Cerezo's shirt (The second I like is Sagan's one, I don't really pay attention to the others, those two, home and away versions, are the ones which I'd maybe even like to have).

25. theofaron

theofaron Member

May 11, 2011
    Club:
    Gamba Osaka
    It seems Cerezo has the highest talent output per actual league results. Kagawa, Inui, Kiyotake, etc. Is Lille the biggest club scouting Kiyotake?