The CEO returns to his office at the Cell

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by Wave Fan, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    JP Rodrigues just announced on his facebook page that as of January 2nd he is back with the Wave!!! Great to have an incredible defender back on the field and the best slide tackler I've ever seen.

2. cardshopmd

cardshopmd Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Someone is not happy with the wave team this year because they have made some great moves in the last few weeks

3. MVPIcon

MVPIcon Member

Nov 20, 2010
    again people misunderstanding things. JP posted that he is "VISITING" Milwaukee to catch up with friends. He is NOT returning to the Wave this season. No offense to JP but they do not need him. With the additions they have made they are fine.
    JP is perfectly happy playing in Florida!

4. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Would you care to make a wager? If you'd care to look at his facebook page the proof is there.

5. MVPIcon

MVPIcon Member

Nov 20, 2010
    feel free to look at his page....nothing there!!!

6. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would think having JP Rodrigues back would be a big help for the Wave especially since they've lost Terminesi and Howes. The Wave is going to have to play very well on defense to compensate for the loss of two offensive stars and Rodrigues will help them do that if he is returning.

7. MVPIcon

MVPIcon Member

Nov 20, 2010
    after some investigating (OK I got a lead somewhere) it appears that the Wave has made an offer to Rodrigues. Will be interesting to see if they make an "official" announcement before this weekends game.

8. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Did the CEO move to Florida by scamming some poorly run contest and shafting a kid out of a trip to Orlando? I mean that would be the Wave way of running a "CONtest"

9. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    ^^Absolutely no clue what you're talking about, but living in the past is no way to go through life.

10. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Ignoring the past is a great way to repeat mistakes as well.

11. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Been a season ticket holder for 3 years...so again, no clue what you're referring to. There are so many threads and so many people around here living in and pining for the past that I often feel like this is the 'retirement community cafeteria' of soccer discussions.

12. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    This interesting. Follow me here people. The Wave did the same thing last year.
    Basically to save costs, they penny pinch there spending all year and add pieces as the season is going.

Last year, they were ok, but they signed Howes toward the end of the season and some other players they couldn't afford for the full season. Same thing this year. They signed Marcelo and I hear JP come the new year. They can only seem to be able to sustain good players for part of the season. I wouldn't shocked if you see Marco toward the end of the year as well.

Just me, but I think majority of their spending is on their 2 keepers. I'm not sure what they make, but they shoudl both be paid starting money.

13. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    They were actually trying to get Marcelo back all last season and finally got him to agree this year. As far as JP he was done, retired and told everyone their goodbyes. He had no intentions at all of coming back this season, so this is a pretty significant change of heart for him if he does in fact come back. Marco is a different story. I've talked to him on a few occasions and I just don't see him coming back, but I also doubt his playing days are over.

14. Taz-Master

Taz-Master Member

Dec 12, 2005
    I was supirsed he didnt' come back. Even though I don't root for the Wave, I respected his style of play.

15. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, repeating the past ad nauseam is a great way to get the reputation you currently enjoy.

The kid has been over what happened for years now. Yet you have not.

16. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

17. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Skipper- That was funny......when the first person to post a guy beating a dead horse in response to the me grumbling about the Wave screwing a kid out of a vacation was NSL2004. In fact I even said as much in the next post. When some hack lawyer who chases ambulances does it, then it loses the hilarity. Maybe there is truth in imitation is the best form of flattery, but at least acknowledge it. Isn't there a some guy who broke into a school in KC and injured himself, maybe you can sue someone. Anyone.

Kenn- you are doing it again...... You are doing that thing again. Where you get on a high and mighty pulpit and preach to the the little people, Fatherland was good, stick to what works for you. As for reputation we all deserve, I notice you have a yellow card

18. bbwavefan

bbwavefan Member

Oct 27, 2006
    Milwaukee, WI
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought the shelts was on my block list? Why am I seeing posts from him? How do I get him to go away again?

19. the shelts

the shelts Member+

Jun 30, 2005
    Providence RI
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Actually I owe skipper an apology. I went way over the line.

My bad

20. skipper60601

skipper60601 Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Club:
    Hibernian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's no problem. I hope you have a good holiday season.

21. puma10

puma10 Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Rockford
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey Skipp, were any horses harmed in the making of
    the video? :D

22. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd....it's official. JP will be back in uniform this weekend ;)

http://www.milwaukeewave.com/news/headlines/index.html?article_id=468

23. MVPIcon

MVPIcon Member

Nov 20, 2010

24. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    I don't believe they have to make an immediate move because Gules is still injured.

25. Wave Fan

Wave Fan Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Club:
    Charlotte Eagles
    Also heard that they had to make a move because of the amount of work Visa's on the team, but don't know how much credibility to put into that.