The case of Lorenzo Insigne

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by Il Ciuccio, Feb 23, 2014.

1. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So id like to discuss our napoletano brother. We saw so much talent in him when he was out on loan under Zeman's watchful eyes that we felt he would be the next Italian star of calcio. His first season in Serie A (if you can even call it that) under Mazzarri showed some promise but he never got enough playing to show his ability to the fullest.

Now under Benitez Lorenzo is starting more games but it seems like he has lost something that great spark we saw from him while playing under Zeman and we are missing the great goals he was once able to score.

so the question is are we to hard on him, did we overate him, is he playing in the wrong position, and or all of the above ?

2. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Too hard on him IMO. He's 22, when other players make the same mistakes he does we let it pass but when its Lorenzo we say he's crap.

He puts his mark on games, he's improving. Mertens has crap games as well, but since its Lorenzo and he's Neapolitan we hold him under a microscope and overanalyze him.

He was better than Lavezzi at the same age, I don't get the talk of he won't make it IMO...

3. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    He's no Ozil.

4. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    so he doesn't get tired after 10 minutes?

buckitalian repped this.
  5. mcnulty

mcnulty Member

May 23, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Insigne and Higuain scored in 4 tournaments so far the men for all occasions.

6. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Insigne has actually scored in Europe, I don't recall Mertens ever scoring for us in Europe this season, even DUVAN has scored in europe, little dude has the DNA to come up big for us, we can't turn our backs on him. Mertens scored in Coppa tbf, but so did Insigne so thats a push!

Hamsik deserves to be blasted before the little guy, ********in' dresses like a chick in public, it is a confirmed he is a big PUSSY. Give Lorenzo the arm band!

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  7. O'Ghiattone

O'Ghiattone Member+

Jan 11, 2014
    Ireland
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Insigne also scored against Argentina for the National team in August

8. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What if the arm band... designates the next player to be transferred...

9. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    You couldn't pay me enough to trade this kid away. Sorry to the haters but I believe in lorenzo. I believe he will come through in a big way but he needs time.

buckitalian repped this.
  10. vesuviani

vesuviani Member+

Jan 7, 2013
    Toronto
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Lorenzo came through.

Just saying.

I called it.

Lol

LORENZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

11. FORZA NAPOLI <3

FORZA NAPOLI <3 BigSoccer Yellow Card

May 27, 2013
    Land down under!
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    He has the skills, just needs to make better decisions, take more risks and learn how to shoot, luckily you can learn these things. Imagine when he can shoot, wow he is going to be a superstar

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    There are some guys in the national team forum who are just clueless

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  14. JCNapoli17

JCNapoli17 Member+

Aug 23, 2012
    Winning
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    I think he developed a different trajectory post-Zeman Pescara... Blame Mazzarri, Benitez, it is what it is.

He is still a fantastic playmaker, he creates chances for teammates, and when a player is down on himself and their form isn't the best you can see what positive qualities they possess.

I thought he made a good account for himself in big games for us. He will get better, it was his first season with us with SERIOUS European ambition and taking every competition seriously.