The Canaries vs Liverpool FC - EPL - April 20 [R]

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Wingtips1, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    [​IMG] vs [​IMG]
    Same lineup with Allen coming in for Hendo. Reckon we may see Alberto on the bench.

el-capitano and usscouse repped this.
  2. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

More of this, please.

CB-West repped this.
  3. LiverpoolFanatic

Liverpool FC, Philadelphia Union
    Feb 19, 2000
    Lancaster, PA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Luis--get your shooting boots on and knock of the stupid antics. They are a detriment to the team.

Thanks.

4. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    We have a couple of these type of matches left. Trip wire games......the trip wire is attached to a claymore though.
    Canaries versus the Liverbirds​

[​IMG][​IMG]
    Away shirt and all...!​

Heft and jeffcoop repped this.
  5. Cody667

Cody667 Member+

May 10, 2010
    Sudbury, ON
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Still no news on Sturridge yet?

6. Red Bird

Red Bird Member+

Sep 30, 2003
    Oxford
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    48 hours, I think.

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hopefully we can rest him for this one and have him back for the Blue Scum.

Wingtips1 repped this.
  8. idreamofpikas

idreamofpikas Member+

May 22, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I expect the Norwich players to be focused completely on Suarez so Sturridge and Sterling should get more freedom in a game like this.

9. lotsogolazo

lotsogolazo Member+

Oct 2, 2009
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Don't see Chelsea losing to anyone other than us. Would be great if City dropped at least one point so a draw against Chelsea would be acceptable.

Whatever the case, one game at a time. We might be tired but I think the combination of Rodgers & Gerrard will have the boys prepared. Just need to take our chances. Can't rely on penalties again.

10. Wingtips1

Wingtips1 Member+

May 3, 2004
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Citeh have already lost to Sunderland this season, and IIRC, they did so the prior 2 seasons as well. After such an emotional game AND the loss of their leader to injury, a letdown is not outside the realm of possibilities. If citeh do drop points Wednesday, it increases the pressure on chel$ki and turns down the pressure on us. Let's go Sunderland!!

Twenty26Six repped this.
  11. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    4 more games. Lets do this boys.

CB-West repped this.
  12. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Score one more goal than they do

13. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I have a feeling this will seriously alter the chances of him winning POTY

14. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    You mean three more goals than they do... that's what I'd like to see - another game where we dominate, not just the other team and the stats, but the score is well.

15. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Yes - lots more - four more games worth!

16. kopiteinkc

kopiteinkc Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 1, 2000
    Shawnee
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Destroy them. Show no mercy. Play lightening fast. Play with sublime skill. Score and score some more! We have 93 league goals, aim for a 100 on Sunday!!!

17. CB-West

CB-West Member+

Sep 20, 2013
    NorCal
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Score early and score often... And don't look back!

(4:00 am start out west...are you kidding me?!)

18. poopoobigelow

poopoobigelow Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 3, 2007
    VA
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Egypt
    simon
    gj.. skrtel.. sakho.. flanno
    lucas.. gerrard.. allen
    sterling.. suarez.. phil

EruditeHobo and Wingtips1 repped this.
  19. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah score early and score often... we still don't have goal differential on Man City... I'd like to have that to fall back on if we have to...

That said, this last weekend I'm home at work and watching the kids while my wife is on a business trip in England. She's attending a meeting in Liverpool, but she's been out wandering the Lake District with her brother, and at the end of the day (Sunday) heads into Liverpool to her hotel. While we're talking that evening (prolly around 3-4pm EST) she's going on about how odd things were in the city as it seemed like people were just milling around with red and white scarves on singing.

I started laughing and told her that yes, that it's because LFC just won one of the biggest games they've played in the last 20 years earlier in the day... When she'd originally mentioned that she had a trip to Liverpool I was so frikkin' jealous... some colleagues suggested trying to go to a game, but I told her it was likely a lost cause as tickets would probably already have been sold so they never followed up on it. I kinda wish she and her friends would have gone (because then she'd understand a bit my passion for the team), but I'm also kinda glad she didn't because I'm not sure I'd have been able to stand her being there for that game...

20. coachamurton

coachamurton Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    personally (even though I would be jealous as all get out) I would never tell someone to not tryto go to a game. I would just tell my wife to get as many video's/pictures as she could of pre/during/post match stuff.

21. coachamurton

coachamurton Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    bring out the rice a blow em up! Another clean sheet would be good for a Defensive confidence going into Chel$ki too.

22. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I agree... to be clear, I didn't actually say "don't go" when she mentioned this about a month ago. I chuckled and said "good luck getting tickets" and I think they didn't follow up on it. As you probably were able to infer from my earlier post, the wife isn't a huge soccer fan. About the only time she gets riled up about soccer is when Germany plays in the UEFA or World Cup. Then she dons the jersey she "borrowed" from me and invites all her German friends over...

23. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Deutschland über Alles....:)
    Remind her that the score was 4-2 and it was a good goal despite the hysteria and computer photoshopping in Charmany...:D

Hope she enjoyed her trip to the Lakes, my wife and I like to wander around there when we go home for a trip.

burning247 repped this.
  24. hubbabubba

hubbabubba Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, sorry for polluting this thread further, but I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures she brings back. She actually walked the soles off her hiking boots (pic below), and ended up having to tie them on with string and bandages from their first aid kit... lol. I never made it to the lake district, but did spend a week tromping around the peak district as part of a geography class trip when I was 14. Still have great memories from that trip.

[​IMG]

usscouse repped this.
  25. owian

owian Member+

Liverpool FC, San Diego Loyal
    May 17, 2002
    San Diego
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just play with courage and not fear. Every time we've played all out we look good. When we sit back, is where we look scared. I am usually a pragmatist but in this case if I were BR I would say attack attack attack, if we give up 3 oh well let's score 4. If we do drop points lets make sure we do it playing our game not trying to get to cute.

Diamond again with Coutinho and Allen. But have Lucas ready just in case.