The "Calciopoli II" Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaveyGorgeous, Apr 21, 2010.

1. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    hes still a douche

2. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Sure.

Btw: That idiot Moggi would have better fought for his own "innocence" and damaged reputation...

That's nonsense.

3. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I dunno what your saying but this is what Juve fans think

[​IMG]

4. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I would like to have someone actually explain what Calciopoli was about. Supposedly it was a conspiracy to fix matches but what games were fixed? It has to go down as one of the worst criminal enterprises ever designed as it did not accomplish its goal.

5. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    its goal was to ******** us over so id say they did a pretty good job

6. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    they did a ********ing excellent job.

7. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Like every year on December 7th, the City of Milan will award the Golden Ambrogino to Meneghini citizens who have excelled in their field, bringing prestige to the city. This year, next to big names of the likes of Cardinal Dionigi Tettamanzi figures former Commissioner of the Football Association Guido Rossi.

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm still trying to figure out how they were all found guilty and sentenced to jail time but won't serve a minute behind bars. It all really makes no sense!

9. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    it never made much sense to begin with so im not really surprised

10. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I didn't say that Intermerda deserved to get rewarded with a title they didn't win ... but fact is that Juventus WAS CLEARLY involved in Calciopoli due to this idiot Moggi (did he really need bribing referees in order to win the Scudetto with that strong team?). In contrast to most Juve fans (well, I'm not Italian:), I despise this person! However, it's also fact that other teams were involved in the scandal either ... and the shame is that Moratti (the other idiot who tried to manipulate games) didn't get punished but even took profit of the whole scandal. If I was Interista, I'd be ashamed to get rewarded with a title my club never deserved.

11. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    moggi didnt bribe anyone

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And please explain clearly what exactly is Calciopoli.

13. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The thing is whatever Moggi CLEARLY did others in serie A did the exactly same thing only he was the scapegoat. Is it funny that Morratti and others get sentenced to jail (and don't really go to it) and Juventus are cleared of al civil allegations the same day. Don't you think the Statued of Limitations are just all a total farce? Just because Moggi's wiretap came out 5 years ago (which really didn't incriminate him of anything) and the others come out later really make Moggi the most guilty? Also the Calciopoli trial took all but 5 months to reach a verdict yet it took almost a year for FIGC to respond to Agnelli regarding it. Isn't that all strange?

Now sorry what did Moggi CLEARLY do? And please tell me what is Calcipoli because it seems like you know the answers.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This is nothing knew. Club Presidents and VP's have had influences with referees for a century. I remember reading La Gazzetta Dello Sport in the 80's, 90's & 00's on which refs would be picked or a certain game, which ones would be punished and which refs were to be reprimanded. Its an old story.....

15. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Doesn't FIFA have a similar way of selecting which refs will get the chance to officiate the biggest games.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Let me ask again ......

What exactly was Calciopoli?

17. Khaloisha

Khaloisha Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Milano
    That's why in Italy you had "condizionale", it means that if it's your first penal condemn your sentence if conditioned from your previous good conduct, so you're not deported in jail.

18. Khaloisha

Khaloisha Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Milano
    To be honest, Moggi didn't do what others clearly had done. Moggi had never called a referee (instead Facchetti promised a bank job to Nucini...), Moggi had never tried to change the referee for the upcoming matches (while Facchetti had tried to do this), Moggi never called the designator Bergamo to try to unlock the right score (while Facchetti called Bergamo and tells him "we've got 4-4-4 (victories-draws-losses), try to unlock the right score" clearly referring to the victories...
    All in all, Inter through Telecom Italia (there are invoices from Inter to Polis d'Istinto, the material executor of spying story) spied half of the most important men in Italy. More info -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SISMI-Telecom_scandal

This is a typical Italian Justice, where newspapers write the sentence and the judges adapts to them.

19. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Think so but I remember always reading how clubs would pick and/or dispute certain referee appointees. This has gone on forever and as far as I know, was never kept secret so I don't see how Moggi is/was a novelty.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The only time Moggi asked for a referee was for a friendly. The FIGC had an open door policy where teams could comment to Bergamo and Pairetto (?) about the referees. Yet, this has been ignored. This whole thing is like the Seinfeld Show, a show about nothing. Not one match was fixed or a referee influenced.

21. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Well, that's what I said before. Yes, unfortunately he's been declared the only scapegoat ... and that's a shame (showing by what clowns the Seria A is led these days:). But this doesn't mean that he isn't an idiot who almost ruined Juventus with his silly & irresponsible action. :rolleyes: Juve had been clearly involved in the scandal due to him ... that's what I stated above.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Italian_football_scandal

22. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Referees were clearly influenced, but no evidence of bribery. It was more of a matter of prestige and reputation. If you screwed the big teams, you would be in Serie C in no time, and everyone was involved in some way. Moggi was the scapegoat. The true crooks were Moratti and Facchetti. I'm not certain Milan weren't involved more, but it wouldn't suprise me. The difference is, like on the pitch, Milan is better at it. ;)

23. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    The wiki site states nothing. No one can clearly explain any influence that Moggi or anyone else had over referees. It has been repeated often enough that many believe it but not one person can state exactly what influence was inserted over officials. If a referee did a piss poor job, he got sent to Serie C regardless. Calciopoli is a media-made fiction.

24. Khaloisha

Khaloisha Member

Jun 15, 2007
    Milano
    Again? There are no proofs of fixed matches, there aren't calls to referees, the draw of referees has been already judged by a sentence of ordinary law. There isn't ONE SINGLE PROOF that Moggi had bribe someone. I've got this problem of barrier language, otherwise i'd like to explain everything, as long as i had followed every single hearing since he's under judgement in Naples.

25. Northern Juventino

May 25, 2011
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj9elYDuQtg&feature=player_embedded"]ESCLUSIVA TELEREPORTER - GUIDO ROSSI: "CHI DICE STRONZATE VA FATTO TACERE" - YouTube[/ame]