The "Calciopoli II" Thread

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by DaveyGorgeous, Apr 21, 2010.

1. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Most likely, it will be a whitewash. Open the investigation, transcribe the "new" phone taps, put them back in the drawer, and then they'll say nothing incriminating was found worthy of new punishments and wash their hands of the whole thing. This league is not interested in cleaning house. Wasn't then, isn't now. At the end of the day, we'll still be the ones ********ed over. Best wait for the verdict in Moggi's civil trial, even if it may take months.

3. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I hope they send Inter to the amateur leagues!!!

4. DVS_one

DVS_one New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/europe/8635883.stm

Mourinho never looked so good in a picture. I must add BBC is a very reputable source :)

5. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    So what teams will be left to investigate before the 2014 WC? You know if Lippi pulls it off again this summer, there will be an investigation every four years. :rolleyes:

6. DVS_one

DVS_one New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    LOL it is getting very silly. Well if FIGC did a good job in the first place this wouldn't need to be done

7. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How would relegating Inter have any effect whatsoever on the Italian National team? :p

8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    LOL - Balotelli has no chance with his latest antics.

9. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Since Lippi is a supersticious guy, he wants a calciopoli to fire up again for the sake of his World Cup team. Its good luck in fact, 82', 06' and what a coincidence right before the next world cup another one is suspected. Lippi probably requested another calciopoli

10. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Yes, that's exactly what Lippi did. Back in 2006, he phoned up Luciano Moggi and asked him to delay his trial for four years and to re-schedule it for the spring of 2010, just so Italy could win the World Cup again. And Moggi was like, "Sure, no problem Marcello. I love the FIGC soooooo much, and I'm banned for five years anyway, why the ******** not? Forza Azzurri."

You know, because Lippi has that sort of power and foresight... :rolleyes:

11. nirvaanfc

nirvaanfc Member

Juventus
    Italy
    Jan 13, 2004
    Trinidad & Tobago
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They can't do it to Inter. If they do, it'll mean that Argentina will win the World Cup!

12. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Can anyone provide any summary/update as to the "Calciopoli II" trial that is ongoing? Recent reports suggest the revocation of our two Scudetti can quite possibly be overturned. This seems odd and unlikely to me. Thoughts?

13. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Journal: acquired the intercepts between Bertini, Bergamo and Facchetti

14. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I just want to know if Juventus will be seeking damages. And if so how much. It would be interesting to see someone do the numbers on how much Juventus have and will continue to lose because of this. I'd say it's at least €2bn.

15. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A fellow over on the Inter forum claims that these wiretaps are nothing new and have nothing incriminating on them. Can anyone delve further into that? I must say, out of all of Juve's ongoings, the current investigation is something I know the least of. Thanks.

16. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    You listen to what Inter fans say?

17. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Of course not, but I would just like to hear more about new developments in the investigation. A lot of these recently released wiretaps are revealing but I'm not sure the extent to which they have been previously before the tribunal or not.

18. phat

phat Viking

Feb 13, 2006
    Montreal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    They are just as "bad" as the Moggi tapes.

19. Soyred

Soyred New Member

Sep 20, 2009
    GTA Ontario
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    the thing is juventus were punished because of this referee "ring" they supposedly had going on. even if some stupid merdazzurro thinks there is nothing incriminating about the latest interceptions involving facchetti - which were conveniently left out of the original trial - the fact remains juve were punished because they were allegedly committing these unsportsmanlike "transgressions".

since the trials in napoli have begun, it's quite clear inter were committing the same offences.

20. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Exactly.

21. DaveyGorgeous

DaveyGorgeous Member+

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A friend of mine just told that Del Piero testified or was deposed today for the investigation.

22. scirea6

scirea6 Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    He did. I believe Ibrahimovic is scheduled to testify on the 26th or something like that.

23. Duck Manson

Duck Manson Member+

Feb 8, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I'd love to hear him testify!

"We didn't need help from the refs. We had Zlatan."

24. 1251alex

1251alex Member+

Oct 3, 2010
    La Mirada, CA
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    soooo....

25. DVS_one

DVS_one New Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Toronto
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    LOL shirts over watches. What is with clubs in Italy giving officials watches anyways