News: The Bob Bradley Thread (4 year extension)

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by The Urban Legend, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. england66

england66 Member+

Jan 6, 2004
    dallas, texas
    Re: Bob Bradley gets 4-year extension...incredible

The players "blew it"....they wern't good enough.

2. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004

I do not believe it's a good move for the USA.

Guess the Federation didn't wanna pay the big bux...

3. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

thats b/c the federation doesnt have the big bux

4. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

this is true but the thing that gets people mad is that the way they play many games..

-the team can barely pass to each other
    -they allow goals in the first 15 minutes every time(algeria almost did that too)
    -bad buildup
    -can only score with lucky longballs counter and penlaties

the team never played great soccer at the world cup..the media just made it seem like it was the greatest thing to happen ever for the US

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 19, 2003
    Island paradise east of the mainland
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

LOL! This is so true it makes me want to cry... gd it... :(

6. aila76

aila76 Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Auburn, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 4 more years of Bob is final nail in the coffin for Adu's national team aspirations

Probably not a bad thing, unless Adu very drastically improves...

7. aila76

aila76 Member

Dec 10, 2005
    Auburn, NY
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Heh, I don't think that is awful news. The most likely replacements probably wouldn't have been much of an improvement, and the wished-for ones (like Klinsmann, etc.) might have been a flop anyway. Not that big of a deal. The players are what needs to improve, Bradley isn't a bad coach...

8. Tonkdaddy14

Tonkdaddy14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2008
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This pisses me off tremendously. The federation will probably NEED to fire him before the World Cup... now we'll just be buying out a contract.

9. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    Robbie Findley REJOICES!: Four More YEARS!!! Four More YEARS!!!

[​IMG]

Hahahahahahaha, US National Team fans!!!!

You thought I was through. You thought you'd seen the last of me. You thought you never again would have to stand witness as I sprint in one-on-one with the keeper, forcing me into that inevitable choice between shooting nine feet wide of goal or putting the ball right into the keeper's stomach.

You thought you'd get a high-level foreign coach who would instantly notice that I have few skills and have never scored for the national team because of it.

Well, I have news for you. Bob loves me!!! His super-robo-brain slices through my limited skills and absolute inability to finish even on open nets and sees the really important things, like my "intangibles" and my "hard work" and my "ability to stretch defenses." Because that's what's really important in a striker!!!

What's that? What's that you say? You think I have to score eventually in order to keep ahold of my starting position on the National Team? Oh, I'm one step ahead of you! I've already been talking to Josh Wolff to learn all the secrets to holding on to a national team starting spot at forward while never scoring a goal. In fact, I've already been practicing all of his faces of disappointment at missing another shot, all those faces that say "How could I miss that?" even though I always miss that. Watch me grab my hair and wince! Watch me splash my hands onto my cheeks, drop my jaw and mouth the word "No!" Why, it will be just like I missed my first shot ever for the national team, even though I've actually been missing them consistently for the past 14 games.

So enjoy the next four years of watching Stuart Holden and Maurice Edu and Benny Feilhaber and Edson Buddle and Danny Mwanga languish on the bench while I bring my special brand of soccer to the Red, White and Blue. Because just like in the World Cup, I'm the one player that must be on the field, no mater what.

FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! FOUR MORE YEARS!!!!

10. USfootballer89

Mar 6, 2008
    new orleans
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Robbie Findley REJOICES!: Four More YEARS!!! Four More YEARS!!!

hallelujah four more years!!!!!!

I wish we can all boycott that damn game in Chicago, to show USsf that we are serious!

11. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Another Loyal BB lover. Look he's not bad but he isn't great either, I guess your the type who loves to see this national team fall behind in the first 4 mins of play for the next 4 more years. One question to you, should BB fail and that possibility is a the highest but say he fails to win next year's Gold Cup and we were on the verge of not qualifying for the next World Cup what would you say then?

12. CTS26

CTS26 Member

LAFC
    United States
    May 26, 2008
    Kannapolis
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You can, just don't show up to any of there games. Trust me that will give the USSF a wake up call.

13. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Unfortunately, we have to wait another 4 years to see what photos Findley has of Bob Bradley

14. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's because all those big bux go out in a Glazer of Flynning glory. That's a fact, Jack. :p

15. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i dont think anyone is saying Bob is a great manager.

btw, the hypothetical question you presented is ridiculous. The same could be turned around to any manager people are screaming for.

16. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They will never, ever, do that. We be RoboBob's bitches until that last sordid moment we're out of the WC. Then he'll still stick around to the last moment of his 4 years, squeezing every centime out of Yankee soccer. Ad Gloriam RoboBobei

17. i giallorossi

i giallorossi Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's funny to me that people hold this belief - and I have no idea where it comes from - that top level managers are lining up to coach this team. Like Klinsmann is waiting for us like an anxious puppy and we're continually slamming the door in his face. What historically would indicate that it's not almost always the other way around? Klinsmann himself spent a good 5 minutes shittalking our reverse pyramid of talent development on international TV during the World Cup. Why would he, of all people, want to step into a backward situation he can't change? Why would any decorated international coach?

Who did you want? Who - that you know for a fact was showing reciprocal interest - was demonstratively better? There is so much centered around speculation in here. Bradley has a lot to prove over the next four years, but throwing in the towel now based around what, for the most part, have been fairly positive results is rooting cowardice at its worst. The USMNT is not a destination job. It is not an attractive job. We do not have attractive players. Neither the sport nor the team are main attractions in their country, or anywhere close. I'm still not sure who this white knight is. I'm not a Bradley lover, but I can see the value in this move.

18. USfootballer89

Mar 6, 2008
    new orleans
    Club:
    CD Olimpia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was thinking about that, but how can we get That across to all that people that are planning on buying tickets or that have already purchased tickets?

19. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

[​IMG]

20. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Better players will get better results. Bradley did well with what was available to him.

Relax people. We're not that good.

21. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: 4 more years of Bob is final nail in the coffin for Adu's national team aspirations

Bob capped over 90 players looking for guys who could help the team.

Adu wasnt even close to being one of them. He has ALOT of work to do to get into consideration.

22. ImNumberTen

ImNumberTen Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Dumb post...and there already is a "Bradley staying" thread.

You're also wrong. While Findley may have been a bad call Bradley has repeatedly shown a willingness to cut ties with veterans for no-name and non-pedigreed players.

End the hysteria...and this thread.

23. KinddBudd

KinddBudd New Member

Jun 23, 2009

... FML, once again we have a shitty coach

24. i giallorossi

i giallorossi Member

Jun 17, 2009
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I still don't know why people don't get this. A lot of our players spray their passes wide, can't link-up and fail to convert on scoring chances because... they can't. Not because Bobbo slipped them a sedative, cackling maniacally while pinning atomic needles in his BS doll.

25. TheLostUniversity

Los Angeles Galaxy
    Feb 4, 2007
    Greater Boston
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Let's see if Findley shows up again for one of these friendlies...or Bornstein....or Klejstan......or Clark........

But it is interesting how it is always, without exception, the Pro-Robobos who cry for silencing the critics.