The Big Bang Theory: General

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by JohnnyFutbol, Mar 21, 2013.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed, not a fan of the episode in full. Raj and Stewart's thing was lame. That "kick me" was far to juvenile for this show, even Sheldon's lack of humor. Even the laughing scene in the restaurant was boring and overdone and too obvious.

sitruc and Belgian guy repped this.
  2. Caddman

Caddman Member+

Aug 18, 1999
    Houston, Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last night was a new episode? Drat.

But it doesn't sound like I missed much.

3. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sheldon dropped his pants.

4. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Sheldon might be missing something.

5. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hmm...

Is it just me, or Cuoco getting married going to break a wall in this show going forward.

I know this isnt the first time an actor has gotten married or something off character from their roles. But i think its going to bother me for some reason.

Its just so crazy out of character for Penny.

6. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I don't know, if the show survived the real-life break-up between Galekci and Cuoco, I think this is a mere blip in comparison.

7. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Well she did propose to Leonard, maybe life imitates TV

8. General Disarray

General Disarray Legendary

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #308 General Disarray, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    IMO I think this was the worst episode ever, Sheldon was annoying, we get it Raj can't pickup women, and wasn't it season 2 when Stuart went on a date with Penny? So he should have some confidence when it comes to talking to women, yeah boring episode...hey, this week we get to see Sheldon act like a dog...yippee....

sitruc repped this.
  9. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    I watch shows I don't like or enjoy, but I try to be objective and take them for what they are. It's interesting to hear that episode get almost universally slammed even by people I know who love the show. I don't recall which Bowl game was on, but I'm sure I was watching something else at the same time and was afraid to be too critical here afterward.

10. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    there was one funny moment and it came at the very end, when they showed Howard's Star Wars audition tape.....I did laugh at that...

11. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wait, wait...

Sheldon was annoying?

Well ill be.

I do wanna see someone slap the absolute shit out of him though, just once.

12. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I liked it.

13. General Disarray

Jul 7, 2005
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah that was a bad choice of words...they usually make him annoying in a funny kind of way, but this time it wasn't....

14. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    Somewhat ironically, Cuoco during the "I am an actor" bit at the SAG Awards reminded me how horrible an actor she is. After briefly questioning myself, I realized I don't want to assume Ryan Sweeting is beating her, but I can't think of any other excuse for her eye shadow.

15. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    she really is not very good at all. i want to throw something at the tv everytime the show makes her get emotional or upset. granted, the writers don't do her any favors with the script, but anytime the show tries to do something serious between her and leonard, the scene is always ruined and isn't believable at all.

EDIT: and it's apropos that her character on the show is a failed actor and that her boyfriend doesn't believe she's any good either. she's still hot though, so there's that.

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
  17. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    I find it amusing that she dresses in real life like she does on the show.

18. Rafael Hernandez

Rafael Hernandez Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 6, 2002
    So I just saw the movie Her and it was as great as people said it was. Still I couldn't stop thinking that Joaquin Phoenix was doing a better version of Leonard Hofstadter. Sure Phoenix is superior in every way to Johnny Galecki but I still convince me more than Galecki's character is key to the show and I think the fact a comparison can be made to Phoenix's role speaks volume of the character. I really don't get some of the criticism both Leonard and Galecki himself get. Eventhough Sheldon is the best part of the show, I think the glue of it is Leonard imo.

19. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

The funny thing is she is actually half-bad. Her array of silent takes is pretty solid... it is just when she has to speak also that the mediocre-ness wins out.

20. JohnnyFutbol

JohnnyFutbol Member+

Nov 5, 2009
    Haddonfield
    Club:
    Club Tigres de la UANL
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Why does Penny never have clean underwear?

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Why does she wear underwear?

sitruc repped this.
  22. sitruc

sitruc Member+

Jul 25, 2006
    Virginia
    [​IMG]

afgrijselijkheid repped this.
  23. Cweedchop

Cweedchop Member+

Mar 6, 2000
    Ellicott City, Md
    Interesting to note that Kaley Cuoco went the hyphenated route on the credits - Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting

24. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Took me a while to recognize the vet as Cynthia from Malcolm in the middle. I wonder if she is going to become a recurring love interest for Raj?

25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Regarding Kaley/Penny and acting...she is more of a comedian than anything. Think early Tom Hanks, who was great at the physical stuff and grew into the softer emotional stuff. When Penny has to do non-verbal comedy, it is great, about the best part of the show.
    Phoenix v. Galecki, Phoenix is not much of a comedian to me, and far too rounded as a person. Everything I've seen him in, he has a substantial personal inner emotional conviction that Leonard lacks (apart from the comedy aspect). I just don't think this role is his type of roll. But, I also agree that as great Sheldon is, Leonard is the glue that holds everything together.
    As for Raj, I'm hoping that this is his love interest. Though I know we will find a way to criticize it.