The best players of the season so far 2012-13

Discussion in 'The Beautiful Game' started by comme, Dec 6, 2012.

1. MailMan

MailMan Red Card

Sep 7, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    How does that not make sense

2. nurspec

nurspec Member

Sep 26, 2003
    new york
    it's always difficult for me to add anything to these type of polls ,just like fifa's annual award which is more about personal faves than anything else. If we can first of all establish which is the best league in the world ,which according most experts world wide seems to be the English premiership ,and then rate the league down from there La liga , Bundesliga or Serie A ,then it should be easier to decide how we judge players. Now Fifa always had the crutch of who wins the trophies as the main reasoning for awarding their award. Personally i always doubted that ,and that was justified by their awarding Messi again based solely on how many goals he scored in la liga. If you use either Fifa new rules applied this time or their previous criteria then the winner should be RVP or Ronaldo or Iniesta if we are using the titles won criteria. So i look at a lot of the lists here and i see a lot of players from incredibly inferior leagues getting a lot of attention. I like to judge a player on how he preforms in the big games and against the best teams ,rather than the sensationalist driven goals stats against lesser teams on lesser level. Of course you won't get a drogba in any list ,because his season was not as great as his previous ,but last year if not for him chelsea win nothing ,in fact chelsea win nothing under abromovich without Drogba he has scored the winners in every title decider i can remember . There hasn't in the last 20 years (that's a guess) been a better big games match winner than Drogba. Now this is not a Drogba fan rant ,it some factual information to put some perspective on the argument. Now if you make your list based on the best player in their respective leagues then that would make more sense, and separate the players based on their leagues otherwise these lists are nothing but personal nutfest.

3. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012

And this season he has done less dribbling... GENIUS!

4. Lucas...

Lucas... Member+

Dec 18, 2012
    Messi vs Ronaldo