The Best Player in the World - The Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by 9Qui, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Football is becoming a horrible sport with all the diving and cheating these days. Personally, i blame the refs for falling for players antics when they are slightly touched with a finger.

And i am not talking specifically about Ronaldo and shitpegi last night, i am talking about football in general. Hell, we have such players in our own ********ing team.

2. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    It's a part of the game and it always has been, just cause you see it in 10 replays nowadays, it doesn't mean it wasn't there before.

Refs make mistakes, and you can point your finger and say he's the one who made us lose, but in the end you'll see that there are things our squad could've and should've done better.

3. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I'm not going to disagree. If you look at my posting history, I've said that I would go so far as to institute post match video reviews to punish diving. I hate it. My point was about this "North American fans think its a pussy sport" commentary. Give me a break. Like the opinions of North American fans should set the tone or something. Please.

Eddie repped this.
  4. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    Do. not. start.

Alma Merengue repped this.
  5. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I should correct what I posted last night about the 2 match ban precedent. It wasn't for a player putting his hands on another player's face, it was for the gesture Cristiano Ronaldo was doing as he walked off (slapping his own cheek and saying "caradura"). The ref did make a note of the gesture in his match report. Albelda and Feghouli received two match bans for similar actions. Now we wait.

The gesture and "caradura" are basically saying the ref has no shame or that he is ballsy (I don't think there is a good direct translation).

6. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    Isn't a straight red a two match ban regardless of the "extras" though?

7. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    A straight red is a one match ban. Anything more is due to the reason. In this case it will be atleast two.

8. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    #58 mymy33, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    From what I'm reading they could give him four matches matches (2 for the Gurpegi lovetap and 2 for the gesture)...I love you Ronnie but ya gotta do better :thumbsdown:

I did "lol" at this pic though:

[​IMG]

Look at Angel in the background...

RMSocrates and Madrid_1902 repped this.
  9. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he'll get a 3 match ban.

10. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    I think he's getting at least two, on the bright side I guess between this and the injury no one can complain about him not getting any rest because he starting every game o_O:ROFLMAO:

11. surgeon

surgeon Member+

Aug 28, 2012
    [​IMG]

Considering the context, one game ban should be enough.

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    This. The officiating was horseshit. Horseshit. Herrera got 3 or 4 hacks in the first 15 minutes alone, one of them was a yellow by itself. How did he end up with no yellow the ENTIRE game?

13. meringues

meringues Member+

Real Madrid
    United States
    Aug 8, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh yeah, I can definitely get behind this. I could not care less what *insert any group of non-fans of the sport* thinks.

Don't think it was Herrera, but I still don't understand how the blatant shirt tug on Ronaldo in the first half (?) when Benz had the ball (and a good through ball would've put Cristiano through 1v1 with the gk) wasn't a yellow. That completely blew my mind.

Alma Merengue repped this.
  14. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^It actually was Herrera with the shirt pull.

The little bastard had the cheek to wave an imaginary card at the ref whenever he was fouled a couple of times.

meringues repped this.
  15. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    #65 mymy33, Feb 3, 2014
    Somewhere Dani Alves is noting the nuances of Gurpergi's dive to use in the future. That really was terrible, where have the ball busters (as @Alma Merengue called them) for Bilbao gone?'

[​IMG]

16. RaMaaa

RaMaaa Member+

Feb 3, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    i don;t get it. why ronaldo is protesting?? he saw handball or what?

17. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    There are several angels of this alleged "handball" there was none, Ronaldo would have liked a undeserved penalty it seems.

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or maybe he didn't see it clearly and thought it was a handball, after all it was a tense and dynamic game.

19. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    #69 mymy33, Feb 3, 2014
    It looks like he was calling for a foul on Benzema as that was who he was trying to play in with the pass. When Ronaldo lobbies for a handball he usually grabs his hand to help the referee out, waving it in the air the way he was is generally for a foul or perceived foul as he thought Benz was obstructed.

20. RoyalWhites

RoyalWhites Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Watch the US National team and you will know why we hate flopping. Americans don't flop like the Euros do.

You hardly see an American player fall to the ground. Being on the ground is a disadvantage. We were taught in school leagues to stay on your foot. We were never taught to fool refs.

21. zohee

zohee Member+

May 28, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Slovenia
    Is that in all sports or just football?

22. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    We Americans are always in advantageous positions for success...in all sports and life in general. It's why we're so incredibly awesome.

23. Madrid_1902

Madrid_1902 Member+

Jul 6, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's not like an American to be so arrogant. :D

24. mymy33

Aug 15, 2007
    You're right, despite all our successes, in the midst of haters surrounding us, we're extremely humble.

25. Aimar 21

Aimar 21 Member+

Jan 27, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I must have confused US with Barcelona. :D