The Asian Champions League Criteria Thread

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by druryfire, Aug 3, 2011.

1. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Indonesia need to improve on the following:

-- Lack of appropriate stadium flow and security arrangement during match day

-- Not conducting match operation at high standard especially in international matches

-- Floodlights at the stadiums rarely reach 1200 LUX

-- Insufficient teams in clubs and competitions in the region or country to keep up competitive football for youth ages.

http://www.the-afc.com/en/news-cent...36769-indonesians-passion-for-football-hailed

2. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    According to our media, Uzbekistan and Iran got the same points. So hope that we will get our 3rd team for next year.

3. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    That should be correct as when they assessed last year they give the same slots for 2011-2013 period, but AFC being AFC sometimes make it up as they go along!!

4. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    The head of PFL (prof. football league) said today that we are going to have 3 (group) +1 (play-off) teams in the asian champions league.

5. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England
    Thats suddenly a big rise in teams. So, what he would be saying taking away the AFC Cup winners slot is that you would end up with 3 group stage, 1 in playoffs and Nasaf again in the playoffs through the AFC Cup route.

So, I would suggest that what he has been told is 3 group stage slots, no playoff spots, but the head is counting this through what Nasaf have already achieved.

But with all this, which nation is losing out?

6. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    dru, he mentioned that 3 teams will start from group stages, first 3 placed teams in Oliy liga (Bunya, Pakhta and Nasaf) and 4th place Neftchi will play at the play-off stage of the tournament.
    I think Korea Republic will loose 1 team definetely, because of fixed games last year. And maybe Australia, because maybe their champion is owned by AFF itself as far as I know. AFC has to cutoff the teams for UAE at the end, none of the teams qualified to the next stages from their group for these last 3 years.

7. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think there is a high chance the iranian club teams Esteghlal and Perspolis will be disqualified on the basis of severe government interference and on the account of them not being privatized. AFC issued a warning to our federation about this. As far I know and as of yet, nothing has changed in terms of that. I havent really followed up on those news so I dont know if its final but I believe Iran will probably lose two spots.

8. druryfire

druryfire Member

Sep 10, 2007
    England

The nations you mention losing spots aren't in the West Side of the draw.

UAE your correct, but AFC works in a wonderful way in that you appear to be more rewarded for off field than on field instances.

What happens to your cup winners? Shouldn't they get a Group stage spot really? On the strength of the Uzbek league, I don't think they merit 3 group stage slots really. Remember Shurtan didn't go to far in the AFC Cup, so really I'd like to see you with the same quota, 2 group stage spots and then include another nation like Jordan for example if the AFC want to start really changing things around.

Interesting to see the post above this about the Iranian teams. Could just be that you are getting their allocation slots this time around.

9. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Actually, Esteghlal and Perspolis changed their structure, introduced a new managing board and pretty much did, what was asked of them, by AFC. But even if they're deemed not illegible, the next two best-placed teams in IPL will replace them for now. The allocations will not be changed until next year.

10. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Oh ok. Thanks for the info and claryfying. Im very glad to hear that :)

11. Kutsuit

Kutsuit Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Kuwait City
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Kuwait
    I hear Kuwait SC were given the nod to participate in the 2012 AFC Champions League tournament. Apparently, we are the first sports club to go through 'privatization' in Kuwait. :)

12. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan

13. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Chinese media reported that both China, Korea and Iran will have 1 team in the qualification rounds

14. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    u have a link?

15. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  16. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Thanks, yeah in our news also saying that uzbekistan and qatar may get more teams for champions league next years.

17. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Probably formate change to ACL 2012

Format A

East Asia
    Japan 4 spots
    Korea 3.5
    China 3.5
    Australia 2
    Indonesia 1.5
    Thailand 1.5

Qualification round to be held between Korea, China, Indonesia and Thailand teams,

Format B

East Asia
    Japan 4 spots
    China 3.5
    Korea 3
    Australia 2.5
    Indonesia 1.5
    Thailand 1
    Vietnam 0.5
    qualification match between China, Australia, Indonesia, and Vietnam teams

18. AKITOD

AKITOD Member+

Apr 5, 2007
    Hobart, Aust
    Club:
    JEF United Ichihara
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I prefer format A over format B.

19. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Most likely west asia will be like this

Qatar 3.5
    Uzbeistan 3.5
    Saudi Arabia 3.5
    Iran 2+1 (2 teams qntomatically enters group stage and 2 enters qualification round)
    UAE 1.5
    India 0.5
    Kuwait 0.5

20. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    According to our news:

4 - Japan, S. Arabia
    3+1 - Qatar, Uzbekistan, Iran, UAE, China, S. Korea
    2 - Australia
    0+2 - Tailand
    0+1 - Indonesia

21. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Confirmed ACL 2012 format!

The format has been confirmed by APC and will be published soon!

as South Korea and China were against the earlier proposal, which means both country will lose 0.5 spots, AFC decided that there will be no reduction on K-League and CSL spots.

looks like some interesting affair happens as Japanese representatives actually supported South Korea and China in votes.

Indonesia lost their directlly entrance to ACL group Stage to Uzbekistan, means a Uzbekistan team will be drawn into East zone group stage.

Indonesia was also awarded a spots in qualification rounds, Thailand also awarded two spots in Qualification rounds.

Iran lost 0.5 spots to Qatar, Qatar's spots increased from 2.5 to 3.5, India and Kuwait, as Kuwait club AL-Kuwait finished Runners-up in AFC Cup, also lost their entrance to qualification rounds.

format

East Asia
    Japan 4 spots
    South Korea 4
    China 4
    Australia 2
    Uzbekistan 1
    Thailand 0+2 (2 teams in qualification rounds)
    Indonesia 0+1 (1 team in qualification rounds)

West Asia
    Saudi Arabia 4
    Iran 3+1 (1 team in qualification rounds)
    UAE 3+1 (1 team in qualification rounds)
    Qatar 3+1 (1 team in qualification rounds)
    Uzbekistan 2+1 (1 team in qualification rounds)

22. Champagne14

Champagne14 New Member

Nov 21, 2011
    Bangkok, Thailand
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Thailand
    Thank you. If it is official, that will be good news for Thailand.
    However, I still would like to know more.
    1. two teams from Thailand need to qualify via East zone to fight each other for 1 ACL place, right?
    2. Based on previously format, Thailand got 1 ACL play-off and 1 AFC cup. Now, Thailand have already 2 spots for ACL play-off). Does they still remain 1 quota of AFC cup for Thailand?

23. greenlion

greenlion Member

Apr 22, 2004
    CHINA
    Club:
    Beijing Guoan
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    I think two thailand teams plays each other in Qualification round 1, the winner will play against indonesia team in round 2 for 1 ACL spots, loser of both matches will be in the AFC Cup

24. Nurafshon

Nurafshon Member+

Jun 28, 2007
    Germany
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    green, i didn't understand, we have 30 clubs for group stage and 7 ''+1''s for play-off, how they get the rest 2 of out them?

25. timnicebutdim

timnicebutdim Red Card

Nov 21, 2011
    1 from East, 1 from West. Playoffs until there is a final playoff, if byes are needed, then so byes are needed, it's not strange for this to happen. It did in 2011, why not 2012.

What seems odd is that no Indian team is mentioned, not even half a slot. And all this is going against the media release of last year when AFC said the same allocation would be used between 2011-13. So two editions basically.