The Arsenal vs. Wigan Athletic: FA Cup Semifinal, 12 April 2014

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Tonerl, Apr 7, 2014.

1. Shen-O

Shen-O Member+

United States
    Jul 26, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grado's rule. Have an 80i and have had a classic RS1 as well (just too pricey to keep around)

(First and last comment on headphones)

2. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sony MDR FTW!

3. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I haven't tried the Grado SR60s, but I've been told they're amazing, and are cheap to boot.

A lot of this depends on your definition of portable though:

I have these:

http://www.amazon.com/AKG-Signature...d_sim_e_8?ie=UTF8&refRID=0FADKFR3X81EV2J3Q17H

and these.

http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-715565-Premium-Digital-Microphone/dp/B001BYMZ5W

The MMX300s are decent, but the Q701s are mindblowingly amazing, IMO. A lot of this obviously depends on what you're trying to listen to: I tend to listen to stuff that's slightly more "analytical," if that's a term, and so want something that really focuses on mids and highs, and don't care quite as much about bass. Neither of these headphones is what I would consider portable, though I pack light and keep Klipsch Image s4s for travel.

Head-fi.org is what I consider the gold standard for this sort of info, and they tend to have all kinds of threads about this. Here's a current favorite:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/433318/sho...viewed-creative-aurvana-live-2-added-02-25-14

Romfordray and Super Llama repped this.
  4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Edit: you can apparently get Sennheiser Momentums for under $200 on amazon. Thread over.

Super Llama repped this.
  5. BIGHMW

BIGHMW Member+

Oct 10, 2010
    Port Townsend, WA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually I'm just sitting back and taking in the fun (info), and BTW, great linkup to Head-Fi.org, I used to be on that sight all the time in the mid-late 2000s and I'm even a registered member there (yes, as BIGHMW), it's where I learned how to be a "head-file" and learn more about portable audio and how to make the experience of portable audio a better one than merely plugging in a pair of stock "el cheapo" earbuds to a portable source, I learned so much more there. BTW, I used to own a second hand pair of Sennheiser HD420 cans I picked up 30 years ago, and not many most headphone amps can drive them, they have an impedance of 600 ohms, most portable amps, even the C-moy's and DIY amps can only handle up to 300 ohms.

But really, guys, I was only making a brief comment about the head/ear gear some of the Gunners were wearing in the tunnel at Wembley, I wasn't really expecting it to be a headphones debate, but, it did.

Romfordray repped this.
  6. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Here are mine, y'all:
    [​IMG]

And no, I'm not an audiophile. They were $20 on Amazon, they have Darth Vader on them, and they work.

Back on topic, roll on Hull in a month's time, and West Ham today.

BIGHMW, Super Llama and mebeSajid repped this.
  7. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    You have Darth Vader headphones. Thread over. You win.

8. Fifty

Fifty Member

Mar 11, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome video to promote the Final:

InTheSun, BIGHMW and Kanuuuu repped this.
  9. Kanuuuu

Kanuuuu Member

Apr 2, 2003
    US
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Awesome - thanks for that. The best quote from the video may have been, "Ljundberg... he's got the better of Terry..."

10. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome video....makes me think there is just no chance for us to win this cup without me crying like a baby in public.:p