The Arsenal vs WBA Gameday Thread -- Saturday 12/8

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Val1, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to FIFA 13 we should draw this match 3-3 and then win 6-5 in a penalty shootout to win the Champions Cup.

2. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree. Give SuperTom a run out from the start. He cranked a nice 25 yard clean goal this week which I have seen NO ONE else do on our side in recent memory! A must win for sanity's sake!

3. thedude83

thedude83 Member

Jan 29, 2007
    Kansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    As much as I'd like to see Rosicky from the start I think we should be a bit more cautious with him. I hate to see him go straight back to the injured list.

4. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Arteta will get the nod here along with Cazorla and Wilshere. We rested them for a reason. Tomas will come on as a sub for either Jack or Arteta.

5. crazy150

crazy150 Member+

Aug 27, 2006
    North Cuba
    If we don't win this match, I'm going to buy a Denilson kit to wear to the pub on matchday as an ironic protest.

6. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bad ass move. Seriously.

7. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
  8. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    So we're looking at Ox and Gervinho on the wing?

9. KirbyNYC

KirbyNYC Member

Aug 25, 2006
    NYC
    I wouldn't mind seeing Super Tom on the left again.

Remember when we had him there, Hleb on the right, and Cesc in the middle with Gilberto? .....sigh......

10. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Dude, it's not a funk or a slump. This is who we are until we get reinforcements at the player or tactical level. Start Rosicky. Try Cazorla on the wing. I'm sure we'll start with the same lineup that hasn't been working for months though.. :mad:

11. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What was our last "good" game? The Spurs match? How long ago doesn that feel? :(

12. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    And of course they were a man down. Not saying that we wouldnt have played good with them having 11 men, but you can still make the case that thats why we played well.

13. gogunners14

gogunners14 Member+

Dec 6, 2003
    Washington, DC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Pretty much took the words out of my mouth. Spurs were bossing the sh*t out of us until Adebayor got sent off. You'd have to go back to September (?) when Diaby was playing to find a decent match that gave me a sense of optimism about our squad.

14. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    Exactly what I was thinking before. That's the last time our midfield dominated. And we only dominate when our midfield dominates. You would have to hope that Wenger is trying to find a midfielder to replace Diaby at this point. I personally believe that it was Diaby's last real chance at the beginning of the season. Wenger had high hopes in September that he would finally be injury free. We need to replace his physicality in the midfield badly. I'm sure if we do we would 'remember' who we were.

15. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $hit happens.

16. FrontRow11

FrontRow11 New Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Central CT
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'd just like to see some imagination and creativity in the last third--something that's been sorely lacking this year. It's like the middies and forwards just don't have any connections--psychic or physical. Think about Song's or Cesc's feeds to RVP in years past...little flicks or sharp passes to spaces they knew the forward would find.

I'd rather see a half-dozen or more creative plays tried and failed than watch the complete and total lack of even attempting to unlock the door to a good shot or tip inside the box.

Maybe these guys need to do some acid together...

Rojinegro1 repped this.
  17. SaratogaGooner

Nov 23, 2009
    Clifton Park NY
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    let's get a good clean win today. I'm seriously tired of the "funk" we're in ( I wish it were just a funk. I know our problems run much deeper).
    Time for AW to demonstrate his Managerial genius without the left foot of RVP to save him.
    Seriously mix things up a bit today. lets see some new ideas. if We see the same old tactics and there is yet another loss, my loyalty to the current AW will be deeply in question.
    COYG!!!!FFS!!!

18. MilesW

MilesW Member+

Aug 26, 2010
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Szczesny, Sagna, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Giroud.

I'd rather play with 10 men than ever see Gervinho again, it's basically the same thing, Ramsey would be preferred over him. Playing him is the definition of Insanity.

Martinez, Jenkinson, Squillaci, Coquelin, Ramsey, Rosicky, Podolski.

19. Arsenalkid700

Arsenalkid700 Member

Aug 9, 2011
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    WOAH! Ramsey over Gervinho. I agree but be careful when you say that. Arseblog commentors would kill you over that.

20. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had a lovely breakfast with the woman. Now, time for Arsenal to ruin my ch'i.

21. luvgunners

luvgunners Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Cornelius, NC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Already! Game time! Lets win it boys!

GOOOOOOO GUNNERS!

22. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    it's hard to even make a prediction for this. west brom have lost their last 2 but have 9pts from their last 5. we have 6pts from our last 5 but only lost 1. west brom aren't prone to draws, but we have been.
    god knows.

23. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My word, that pitch looks beautiful.

24. kanonier

kanonier Member+