The Arsenal v Swansea City : March 25th 2014 MATCHDAY THREAD

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by goonermaui, Mar 23, 2014.

1. octavii

octavii Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    RVP can hang himself.

ArsenalMetro repped this.
  2. SkoalFyfan

SkoalFyfan Member

Aug 16, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Estonia
    I just wish Wenger would give Poldolski a shot more often at playing CF when Giroud is rested.

Of course right now we're spread so thin that there is no choice but for Poldi to be on the LW. I know Poldi has gotten 1 or 2 games at CF but you can't really judge him off a game or two.

I wish he'd get a decent run of 5 games at CF and then let us judge his return. I really think he'd do a lot better than Giroud with a steady run. He'll have many more chances to use his ROCKET of a left foot in that position. The thought of Poldi there with his national compatriot Ozil also makes me dream a bit what could *maybe* be. At CF he wouldn't have to be so defensively aware (which people knock him for so much on the LW).

3. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No thanks! Would be a bad move. Could have worked if RVP did not burn a lot of bridges before leaving, but we all know that was not the case. In addition, he seems to be back to his injury riddle season. We should focus on up and coming ST not an injury prone, (almost) over the hill, locker room cancer.

4. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Ignoring the burnt bridges, I wouldn't take a player so frequently injured, especially with our history.

5. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    Many are not huge football fans....but they know what's good for them when it's my round at the bar.;)

Nice view of the pin at 18 yesterday ....

P1030794.JPG

bigredfutbol repped this.
  6. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He's overrated. Can't remember much consistent form from him.

7. darcgun

darcgun Member+

Jan 11, 2008
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He didn't need to in fairness, but then times have changed since his early time here.

8. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No need for that. I am pretty sure he will be sold or traded this Summer. I am sure he is appreciated but clearly underperforming and not that good of a player.

9. daedalus

daedalus Member+

Apr 24, 2004
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    that, uh, is a good point. :cry: