The Arsenal v Everton: Wed. Nov.28th MATCHDAY THREAD

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by goonermaui, Nov 25, 2012.

1. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    3 shots on the frame. THREE. zero were hit with any anger (including the goal).
    Giroud wasn't winning headers with any regularity either. his favourite move was to do a dramatic timing run up, only to have distin or jagielka tower over him and easily win the ball.
    15 crosses, zero hit an Arsenal player.

2. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Sorry, I meant that it looked like his career AT ARSENAL was done, when he took that loan to Charlton.

But you're right, he played significantly less games up to that point. But as I remember, he was significantly worse also

TxTechGooner repped this.
  3. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    He's was 19 or so...of course, we was worse back then.

4. Jamooky

Jamooky Member+

Mar 24, 2006
    Cleveland, OH USA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Song was a kid who needed matches, not an established squad player who needed to find his form.

5. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Id hardly call Ramsey established though, he doesn't seem to have a defined role in the team, and i can't remember him having an outstanding game.

6. Super Llama

Super Llama Member+

May 21, 2006
    Seattle
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The only difference between the two being the quality ahead of them on the team sheet. When Song was young, we had better players than him. We don't have better players than Ramsey right now.

Give the boy time. We've all seen the flashes--I just think his confidence is rock bottom right now.

7. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    48 League starts, 121 first team appearances. Sounds like an established squad player to me.

goonermaui repped this.
  8. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the kind of stuff that makes it so hard for me to take the Ramsey bashers seriously.

Before the injury he was starting to shine. His performance last year against Chelsea in the 5-3 had Michael Cox wondering if he was a better prospect than Wilshere. This season he was our best player against City in a game that we played well and should've won.

Just for a couple examples.

9. NorthBank

NorthBank Member+

Arsenal; NYRB
    United States
    Mar 29, 2006
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's not right, he's definitely had a few, but in my recollection there were more of those pre-injury, and now they are quite rare.

That said I've basically lost most of my hope for Ramsey. But if the boss has shown anything in the past 5-10 years, he's shown patience with his player investments. So perhaps there's a chance Aaron could still come good. But at this stage in his career, I'd have to say it's looking like a very slim chance.

10. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    I mean established as in a position, if i throw the name Henry at you, you think striker. If i said Sagna to you, you think RB. If i say the name RVP to you, you think cu... You get the drift. He hasn't made a position his own, he sometimes plays deep mid, then attacking mid, then RW.

And yes he had potential, and before his injury he was slightly showing it. And he has good games here and there. But nothing great. And for every good game he may have had, there is significantly more where he has Denilson'ed.

gunner0007 repped this.
  11. Tonerl

Tonerl Member+

Arsenal
    May 10, 2006
    Cincinnati, OH
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When he gets sold for £20 million, you guys will complain.

goonermaui and mebeSajid repped this.
  12. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Maybe, but then ill bump every post where in the past year he has killed momentum in a match and all will be forgotten.

13. goonermaui

goonermaui Arsenal No Ka 'Oi

May 12, 2006
    Lahaina Maui
    QFT

Please refer to QFT

14. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    What momentum? This team doesnt have any cohesiveness with or without Ramsey

15. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    In matches there have been times he has received the ball, not looked around and immediately passes backwards, thats called killing momentum because if he puts it forward to a player in space you would expect something to happen.

16. Scally

Scally Member+

Aug 29, 2006
    Rep. of Ireland
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thats called being selective. Ive seen all our games so far bar two and I could say the exact same thing you just said about Arteta, Cazorla, Diaby, Theo, Gerv, Sagna, Gibbs Podolski......

Ramsey deffinately gets a raw deal around here. If there was some propper movement and shape about this team then he along with other creators could open their shoulders more.

17. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Oh i pick sh*t on Ramsey, but i pick sh*t on most of our players because at the moment they just aren't good enough. Gerv has been awful, Arteta has now been worked out, Diaby is always injured... Could go through our whole list at the moment, noone is unable to be scrutinized.