The Arsenal at Southampton Pre-During-Post Matchday Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TxTechGooner, Dec 30, 2012.

1. lamb

lamb Member+

Sep 3, 2004
    Larne, N.Ireland
    it seems every game recently has been very similar in terms of subs, with similar predictable outcomes: giroud (reasonable chance of scoring), gervinho/coquelin (won't change a damn thing) and ramsey (won't change a damn thing).
    (i know this isn't strictly correct but it's not that important)
    i also read somewhere that eisfeld may be going on loan.
    my question is this: why not give eisfeld a few run outs as a sub instead of ramsey? he's 19 and seems to offer a bit of drive and excitement. wenger has played younger players in his time so why not eisfeld? we know exactly what ramsey offers, as do the opposition, and it rarely changes anything.

2. Excellency

Excellency Member+

LA Galaxy
    United States
    Nov 4, 2011
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    My personal view is that Ramsey has improved a lot over last year which makes one wonder how much more he will improve with pt. I think that is why he is being used apart from needing somebody like Ramsey to bring the ball through mid as the game progresses and Santi/Jack tire. I cringed when he came on last year, not this year

3. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd love to see Eisfeld too. The force is too strong with this kid. I think ultimately he will be the successor to Cazorla. Ramsey takes Rosicky's spot. Don't think Coq has a future with us.

4. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I hope you are right.

Unfortunately if you are right, Sagna will find that form again but at Inter or PSG.