The arrogance of Borriello

Discussion in 'AS Roma' started by DDR, Mar 9, 2011.

1. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    please be advised that terms like "dickheads" and whatsoever do not intend to insult a nation or race in any way, while calling a "jewish" for a visibly negative act clearly demonstrates the negative attitude towards the ethnicity/nationality....It's more or less the same as being a racist, if not worse...

Probably, you are from post-USSR where there was a general stigma that greedy meant jewish, but those times are gone, and please adept to the new environment...you may argue about the freedom of speech in this new era, but freedom doesn't translate into insult

2. lubosl

lubosl Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    :confused:

3. lubosl

lubosl Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Where you came from i don't know,but your comments are at least laughable.Since when ,,dickheads,, is not offensive ??? Jewish is visibly negative act ?..oh please allow me to whipe my tears from my eyes.This word is frequently spoken every day in news and media,all over the world.People like you should wake up and face reality.

4. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Personally I don't care much for cursing. There are a lot of regulars here that can tell you have received PMs from me where I've asked them to find alternate ways to express themselves. Unfortunately I'm one man with a day job and a lot of other obligations. There are plenty of things I miss, and I myself am not perfect.

Having said that I don't think it's comparable. It's not that you are insulting Borriello but rather insulting an entire race and religion. I understand you probably didn't mean it, and were just joking around. However I think race and religion is probably a line we shouldn't cross. No one is going to come in and get offended if we label Borriello a "d!ckhead" but a whole lot of people could take offense to a negative slur on their faith.

Anyhow no harm done, let's get back to the topic at hand

5. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    seeing Mexes cry was one of the saddest moments of my life

6. lubosl

lubosl Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    DDR what you mean ,,insult,, ???.. you insulting me actually by acusing me .It's a normal word used by everyone in this world.If i had dinner at greek,chinese ,jewish restaurant...whom i am insulting.

7. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Please stop! It was a discussion about Borriello's arrogance and all the negative aspects of his behavior - which you labeled as "jewish"...There's just no other meaning as why you called him a jew...because of his apperance? probably, no...because of his behavior? probably, yes...

So, it's time for you to wake up and not for me

8. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Vai con le aquile. I really hope you are not a roma fan because it is people like you who give organizations bad reputations. Maybe you are the serb from the italy-serbia game who was standing on top of the stadium with the flares and burning the albanian flag as well.

9. Oban14

Oban14 Member+

Jul 5, 2006
    Illinois
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    seriously guys. this is way of topic. Lets just let it go and get back to discussing Roma :)

10. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Seriously. I didn't think I was walking into the UN General Assembly here...

11. lubosl

lubosl Member

Jan 23, 2011
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The only problem in human minds is quite often unresonable political correctness,and emotional associations with the , certain ,words witch mind creates.Worst we can do is policing and clubbing people for every single expression.

12. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    DDR and ForzaA clearly explained why you were wrong. If you can't understand why calling someone a "jew" with a negative connotation is an immoral thing to do then maybe you should be with the aquile.

I dunno who you are or where you are from but this isn't 1934 Germany.

Just give it up, no one is going to reason, rationalize, or understand your viewpoint here. Just apolagize if anything.

if you want to talk more about it email me at Romaxdulc3@aol.com; thats it for this forum

13. Romanista89

Romanista89 Member+

Jun 8, 2010
    Glasgow, UK
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy

The only connections between words people are making is the negative connotations you bridged to Judaism when you implied the negative aspects of Borriello's persona infer him to be Jewish. You are the only one in the wrong here.

14. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The man almost made me cry too, was a sad night

15. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who is a realistic replacement to Borriello??? Cavani probably isn't for sale at any price, unless it is something absurd.

There will be Abel Hernandez who looks good but it is a bit of an issue. Vucinic is NOT a first striker and plays right behind as a second point.

I suppose there is Luis Fabiano....... even Vagner Love, but I am somewhat biast against brazilians.....

16. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Fabiano just signed a four year deal with Sao Paulo for 7.6 million euros

17. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Borriello responds to criticism
    ''I find it shameful that you are now looking to find a scapegoat for a difficult situation and you have chosen me,'' reputed the goalscorer, who was talking to Mediaset.

''Everyone talks about things I have never done while ignoring my achievements. I'm not the one who decides who plays and who goes on the bench.

"I scored 15 goals in five months and won a penalty against Lecce in the 90th minute. In Donetsk, I saw that no one picked up the ball and then I took the penalty for which everyone else was scared of the responsibility,'' argued the front man.

''I don't think that taking responsibility is a fault and that we were eliminated by my missed penalty.''

18. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He actually got himself in more trouble with that interview, Montali wanted to let the situation die down and didn't authorize him to give that interview.

19. Vulpinous

Vulpinous Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 15, 2007
    Jersey Shore
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I bet Benzema would be willing to leave Madrid. Once Higuain is back he woln't play at all.

Also if Mexes renews, he will have him and Menez.

20. iGiallorossi

iGiallorossi Member+

Oct 4, 2010
    N.Ireland
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Is he getting a warning or is Montali fining him?

I'd say Menez would have a better relationship with Benezma as they played in the France youth squad together. But having Mexes stay would keep Menez a little happier too

21. tmontana52

tmontana52 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Philly- the 215
    Club:
    AS Roma
    That's so funny that you say that because i was thinking the exac same thing today.. Word has it that Tevez might join Madrid this summer, so with Tevez and Higuain ahead of him he will likely leave..

Menez and Mexes would absolutly LOVE if he came

22. DCUroma

DCUroma Member+

Jul 20, 2009
    Suck it Sensi
    Club:
    AS Roma
    God i hope all this crap with im going to Juve is true, get him out of here

23. zako

zako Member+

May 11, 2006
    Tbilisi, Georgia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    He's not that bad, but his personality and the fact that he was the lone pure striker at Roma (besides Adriano - lol) inflated his self-grandiosity to the level of being delirious...

His weaknesses are: 1. grandiosity 2. can't use right foot at all 3. lack of versatility 4. lack of understanding of combinational play

But in the end he's an average Italian striker, just like Iaquinta, Gilardino, etc.

24. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Sums it up in a nutshell.

He's our very own Gilardino, if you play for him for 90 minutes he will likely bag a goal or two. However you aren't going to win the Champions League with him, not likely you win Serie A either.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    And we already have Iaquinta. No need to pick up Borriello.