The anti-riBer thread

Discussion in 'Boca Juniors' started by argentine soccer fan, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Well, I for one will be glad when they get back to la primera. You know, to rescue us all from the low quality of football that's plagued it ever since Riber went down. To hear it told, from one of their clowns in particular, Riber would be running away with the primera right now. If I follow that logic, I have no choice but to deduce that la B is better. Wait, why are they even trying to get back in the first place?

2. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Not to be. Some other time perhaps. :D

3. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I wish I had the power to jinx them. But when Defensa y Justicia "te vacuna tres veces" you pretty much jinx yourself, no matter how many Cavenaghis and Trezeguets you bring back to play in la B.

:D

4. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    In the case of Chori and Cavi at least they didn't really pay for them. Trez though is another example of riBer having no clue on how to spend money......again.

5. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Interesting question for all my Bostero Brethren. If a gallina dates a woman (I know, not likely but humor me anyways) does that make him a lesbian?:eek:

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    If a gayina dates a human being, does that make him trans-species? :D

But seriously, what's the story with riBer fans rating the looks of our players and their players in their forum? I guess they don't want to have to talk about being in second place in la B. :D

7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    At least we know they'll never bring up dancing. Didn't Diego win the Italian version of dancing with the stars a few years back? Cocaine is a hell of a drug:D

8. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Other than maybe the riBer dance:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAKtTgQbzOg"]The Chicken dance / Pajaritos a Volar - YouTube[/ame]

9. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I cant believe i just watched that video to the end... how bored must i be

10. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    its not cocaine but this is what I immediately thought of

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_MplFLBhjg"]Kenny Powers Dancing on Ecstasy - YouTube[/ame]

11. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Las gayinas en la B jugando 11 contra 10 a los pelotazos limpios, tratando de hacer un gol. LOL!

13. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    They say Boca plays ugly, but I watch riBer play in la B, and frankly I get embarrassed just from thinking that they are showing the game on GolTV and people in other parts of the world must think that this is representative of Argentine football. I mean, maybe they'll end up beating Ferro, but they are playing goddammed awful.

14. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
  15. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean they didnt play as bad as youre making it seem. I though 3-0 was fair for how the game was going, not to say River played well but they played a hell of a lot better than Ferro. But really it wasnt THAT bad, they never make it look easy though which is frustrating. With how much better of a team they have than the rest of the league they should be laying slappings on teams. They still dont all look like they're familiar with each other. Basically people can say what they want about how Boca was playing (its not like it was for that certain stretch anymore) but Falcioni gets results, Almeyda drives me crazy with alot of the things he does.

Also a lot of A teams play really ugly, obviously the good teams in the A are alot better but you could rotate some B and A teams and not even notice a difference.

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    You mean River won? LOL! I'm watching it now and I thought it was live. :D

I thought it's still 0-0 in the 68th minute. ********ing GolTV!

Congrats, but you have to admit "que jugaron como el culo", at least for the first 68 minutes. I'm guessing the last few minutes must be better, if they scored 3 goals.

17. Steazy McCloud

Feb 13, 2012
    Buenos Aires
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    the first 68 minutes were kinda typical River, solid build up play but not many good looks at the goal. It was uninspiring but its a step up from the last few weeks. seeing as how you posted that some time ago you know what happened, none of them were really inspiring. obviously it was a golazo from Trezeguet but it was a great individual play oposed to a goal they built up to. They still have no fluidity in their play and by now theres no excuse for it.

18. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    As proven again today, I think River has some players who are too good for the B. Primarily Trezeguet and Cavenaghi. So even though they seem to be poorly coached, and not particularly efficient in their play, they are able do enough individually to beat teams and to be fighting for first place with Instituto, who doesn't have the luxury of players of that class but seems to be better coached and playing better as a team. At some point I'd think River should assert themselves in first place, but it's not coming easy so far.

19. EnglishBostero

Mar 21, 2011
    Accrington
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    England

Thank was quite positive from you about river) What happened?

20. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Yeah, it's out of character for this thread. I guess I must be feeling a bit sorry for them. :D

21. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    riBer plate (who would be running away with the Primera A) just suffered their 4th defeat in the B :D

22. Siempre_Albiceleste

May 31, 2006
    NY
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    To be fair, la B is much harder than the primera...since River went down.

23. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    LOL! Hicieron jugar a los muertos en el día de las Pascuas para ver si resucitaban, pero el único que resucitó fue Atlanta.

Para que recuerden que Jesus era Judío, no gayina. :D

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    :D Huge win for Los Bohemios! My abuelito probably rose from the grave after yesterday! I grew up in Villa Crespo and Atlanta was my grandfathers favorite team. The very first match I ever attended in my life was at the Don Leon when I was just a few months old. Even more special about yesterday is that my viejo is a gallina and for whatever reason he wouldn't answer the phone when I called:eek::D

25. atomicbloke

atomicbloke Member+

Dec 7, 2009
    Berkeley, CA
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    There are some seriously worried folks on the gallina forums :D