The annual Franco-Allemande/Deutsch-Französische Club Contest (AKA UEFA WCL 2012/2013)

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Jenson, Jun 19, 2012.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I have been to the Bridge twice recently the first picture is the West Upper ie the stand above the seats on sale atm

[​IMG]

The second one is the East Lower

[​IMG]

Romario'sgurl repped this.
  2. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    ^^^
    Cool. But the East upper has the better view, right?

3. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I prefer the East Upper but the view is very similar to West Upper. As you can see in the lower tier you are very close to the pitch. hence my disagreement with buying a ticket in the lower tier. I just need to wait until OL qualifies and then I will buy a ticket with the OL fans as I used to be an OL Ang'elles member.

guignol repped this.
  4. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    I want to see what Platini's nutty behind does with the men's tickets before committing to London. Last year's prices for Munich were insane. I can only imagine what UEFA is going to demand for this year's Final. :rolleyes:

5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    100-150 £ cheapest is my bet...

6. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I'd recommend booking a hotel with a generous cancellation policy as soon as possible too: in Munich last year, my single room tripled in price from the women's final to the men's.

7. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Madness!

Here's a chart of last year's prices. I wanted to apply for a Cat 2 ticket but I couldn't justify paying that price at the time, so I just watched on TV.

8. Romario'sgurl

Romario'sgurl Member+

Wakanda FC
    Aug 26, 2000
    Wakanda
    Club:
    FC Ingolstadt 04
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Good call. I'm scoping out options now.

9. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Wednesday is Champions League. The quartefinals are being played this and next week.

http://www.womensoccer.de/2013/03/18/wolfsburg-gegen-rossiyanka-in-der-vfl-arena/

Because of the cold weather Wolfsburg will be playing Rossiyanka in the vfl arena where the mens Bundesliga team plays, since they have " Rasenheizung ". Eurosport will show the game live at 18 uhr ( 6 p.m. local time ). If you would rather catch Lyon vs Malmö you can do so at the same time on Eurosport 2.
    Streams should be available:D

First Leg

Wednesday,20.3.13

15.00 Uhr: Arsenal LFC – ASD Torres Calcio
    18.00 Uhr: VfL Wolfsburg – WFC Rossiyanka (live auf Eurosport)
    18.00 Uhr: Olympique Lyonnais – LdB Malmö (live auf Eurosport 2)
    20.00 Uhr: Juvisy FCF – Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC

Return Leg

Wednesday, 27.3.13

14.30 Uhr: ASD Torres Calcio – Arsenal LFC
    19.15 Uhr: Kopparbergs/Göteborg FC – Juvisy FCF

Thursday, 28.3.13

16.30 Uhr: WFC Rossiyanka – VfL Wolfsburg (live auf Eurosport)
    19.15 Uhr: LdB Malmö – Olympique Lyonnais

blissett repped this.
  10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    My goodness but the Wolfburg website is scary – I went there innocently enough to check out certain rumors I'd heard about who might or might not be playing tomorrow, and the first thing the place did was offer to sell me a Conny Pohlers jersey. !! (And once that webshop gets ahold of your browser window it does not let go, let me tell ya. They're having a sale, and they have some nice looking t-shirts and kitted-out garden gnomes, and on special offer just now you can get a VfL-imprinted Easter egg free with your purchase of at least 9.95€ or more, but sadly, I could no longer find that toaster that would imprint the club logo onto your previously unbranded slice of bread.)

Where was I? Oh yes, tomorrow's game. Well, I don't suppose Rossiyanka should be much of a problem, no matter who is or is not playing (UEFA's preview of the match, interview with Nadine Kessler). Sadly, I suppose I can say the same thing for the Lyon-LdB match (UEFA's preview, interview with Camille Abily, who's trying hard to sound worried) – unless Mittag finds her feet, and right quick...

11. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Halftime in Wolfsburg, where they're playing on the big boy's field due to to bad field conditions at the usual venue. It's snowing like crazy there; even the Swedish commentator sounds a little impressed.

I'm slightly partial to Martina Müller. But I can't decide whether that was a good goal or not. She almost should have been embarrassed to score it. The four Rossiyanka players who were within camera shot during the whole thing... well. Since it's a Russian team I suppose it would be tasteless to suggest that they be first up against the wall when the revolution comes.

Second half now. Pohlers in, and to show their feelings about that, Wolfsburg immediately scores an own goal. The snow is now accumlating on the heated pitch, and they've brought out the orange ball. The Russians, playing with 10, should feel right at home amidst the snow and persecution.

Jenson and blissett repped this.
  12. Weltmann

Weltmann Member

Sep 9, 2012
    Champions League Results First Leg:

Arsenal 3-1 Torres
    Wolfsburg 2-1 Rossiyanka
    Lyon 5-0 Malmö
    Juvisy 1-0 Göteborg

Since i only watched the Wolfsburg game, i can say that they where so dominant they should have scored a couple more goals.well at least they scored all the goals in the match:D
    Kessler will be back next week.:thumbsup:

blissett repped this.
  13. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I only watched the highlights of OL-Malmö, and it seems to me that, until OL will find so poor opposition (especially in defense) there is no hope that any club can stop their dominance in Europe; at least two goals out of five looked like pure gifts of a defense-line that was slow, technically subpar and overall inadequate. How many clubs there are in Europe that can play vs OL on a parity level? I guess that the title of this thread is quite fitting: I can only imagine some German club giving them some kind of an headache (but not so much in last season, when both Potsdam and Frankfurt lost in a quite undisputable way; the only club in the world that was close to beating OL during last season was INAC Kobe Leonessa in the Mobcast Cup. But at least 95% of the teams that OL play against don't actualy have a shot at beating them, by far...)

Since I know nothing aboutf the other matches, can I know who scored for Torres? Was it Patrizia Panico?
    Apart from OL, all the other matches seem still quite open, at least on paper. Even the Arsenal could be upset with Torres winning 2-0 home (it's anyway in the realm of possibility).

14. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    One of my favourite Swiss internationals, Sandy Maendly. :)

15. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    A well worked goal by Torres, the goals are on video here but might be geoblocked unfortunately. Freezing cold as usual in England, Kelly Smith injured early in the game as well. I watched the end of the Lyon game and only Ramona seem to threaten for Malmo :confused:? As for Juvisy a penalty missed by Thiney might be costly in the end.

16. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hoping to see an Arsenal vs Lyon final personally.

17. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Who is Arsenal's coach, after Laura harvey went to Seattle Reign? Sorry, I am never very updated with not-Nadeshiko football... :p

18. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Does it matter...? By the time you get to know who she is, she'll just be the next Arsenal affiliated name to jump ship chasing the American dream....:rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm just surprised half the team is still there with all that's happening across the Atlantic. (which is why I'm actually tipping them to reach the women's UCL final again this year...:cautious: )

Oh, and for the folks who want to get pedantic about my dismissive answer to blissett's question...http://www.arsenal.com/ladies/coaching-staff/shelley-kerr

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    i would relish that myself. it would be a blast from the past... like 2007-8...

and after the 0-0 first leg...

and then, in a new thread (Statement: The real reason why Arsenal LFC is out of the UEFA Cup) since the old one had become a bit hot for him...

oh what larks we had in those days.

20. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    What an absolute muppetroid that bloke was. It was a bloke wasn't it?
    Please god, it HAD to be a bloke? RIGHT?

21. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    of course. have you ever known a woman to be that insufferably pig-ignorant, annoying, aggressive... ?

wait...

22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    There's not enough custard around these parts any more.

23. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    but as shlj is an arseladies fan it all evens out.

i would prefer an ALFC semi though, because then he'd come to lyon and i could buy him a drink!

24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Unfortunately not this year we will play Rossiyanka/Wolfsburg but I might come to Lyon for a league game.

25. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    unfortunately the only one left is issy... but there will possibly be a cup match up worth catching before the end of the year, and those they generally do on no. 10, much cozier than gerland.