The annual Franco-Allemande/Deutsch-Französische Club Contest (AKA UEFA WCL 2012/2013)

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Jenson, Jun 19, 2012.

1. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    As done in the previous match against Birmingham, Verona-Malmoe too will be streamed tonight by a local TV. Here is the link: http://www.tggialloblu.it/ :thumbsup:

shlj and Smulan repped this.
  2. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I really enjoyed their commentary on the previous game. A change from most English boring people we get on ESPN UK.

3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    So we have Röa v. Wolfsburg on Eurosport at 13.00 CET, Lyon v. Poor Bastards on Eurosport 2 at 18.00, then Cristiana Girelli v. Malmö via webcast at 20.30 CET. No Potsdam v. Arsenal anywhere? Göteborg v. Hjörring isn't listed by any station and neither team's website mentions a livestream.

guignol repped this.
  4. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    seems a shame that OL is being shown (even i don't care and i'm going to the match!) when pots-arse should be a humdinger.

anyone able to tell me the names of the pair on Eurosport2 who generally do the OL matches? i thinks she's scottish or at least from the north. they're excellent and like OL much more than the french announcers who generally only say good things about us du bout des lèvres.

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Do you mean Tim Caple and Jen O'Neill? She's certainly not Scottish :eek:. But yes, I'm sure she has a flat cap somewhere in her wardrobe.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    sunderland, scotland... it's all of a muchness isn't it?

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    No, because a flat cap would be a bunnet in Scotland.

8. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    wait. are you telling me this is something one eats?

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Indeed - doused in garlic butter, after losing a bet.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    no, those would be seilcheagen.

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    So what's up with Ellen White? The line-up doesn't even have her on the Arsenal bench. Potsdam have the walking wounded on field already, with even the unfortunate injured sub from last week back on the bench.

12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Ellen is on the bench according to UEFA.com. She has lost her place in the starting 11 now due to Davison being a better winger than her and Smith/Beattie better center forwards than her according to the coaches. She does have technical limitations compared to those players but she compensates with her pace, work rate and spontaneity in front of the goal.

13. Flea2009

Flea2009 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Kirkcaldy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    We are never going to see this Lyon game anyway. This carpet bowling in way to captivating.

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And there it comes. Guignol will be consternated to hear that the UK version offers commentary by Mark SomebodyOrOther and Emma Hayes.

15. Flea2009

Flea2009 Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Kirkcaldy
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Emma Hayes hurts my head. Bet she will tell us she looked at all these players when she was coach at Chicago.

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Her name-dropping makes me want to slap her. I don't care how knowledgeable she may be, I can't stand to listen to her "Abby" her way around the world. I'd rather even have the Swedish guy, who is famous for being unable to correctly identify the players.

17. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    How glad I am to be watching Lyon's walkover snoozefest, when Potsdam-Arsenal is currently at 3-3 (4-5 aggr.).

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Postdam are messing up my Spring holiday plans. With 3 goals required over the next 8 minutes, I think we can say they're out. So Arsenal, Lyon and Wolfsburg so far.

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    the worst at this has to be the alex delperier at french D8. recently he called laura georges marie-laure delie three times... and called camille abily MLD once too, so at least he's not racist. as for camille, lara and eugénie, he should just stop trying altogether and simply call out :

A GIRL WITH A BLONDE PONYTAIL*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

because he's a terrible shouter too. apparently at a recent juvisy match he was so loud in the booth it cracked up everyone in the stands when a lady started chanting delperier démissionne!

*and his task is getting even harder with OL now that soso and cocotte have let their hair grow

20. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it wasn't very exciting as you say. the russians parked the bus, and even so OL could have been up 3-0 after 5 minutes. but at that point zorkiy realized that it's not enough just to put 11 girls behind the ball, they still have to play hard, and they did. of course lyon was above all interested in not picking up any injuries before montpellier this sunday but the russians were not that bad, and the 0-9 in moscow looks harder to explain now.

there were some interesting things to see : amel majri put in a great first half before moving to fullback when sonia went out; if she keeps her head on her shoulders she will be france's very best in 2-3 years. a great match from laura agard too : what work a central defender has in a game like this she did well, and very intelligently brought the ball forward herself every time she could, and her passing was both cagey and clean. finally, we got to see little eve perisset's first 15' with the big girls and it looks like she's got quite a future ahead of her too.

21. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Looks like the match Olimpia Cluj-Torres will be streamed here: http://www.tvrplus.ro/live-tvr-3,
    i'm afraid the comment will be in Rumanian (someway understandable for we latin language-speakers, but o_O:eek: for our anglo-saxon friends around here)

Smulan repped this.
  22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I presume I'm one of those "anglo-saxons", but I can tell you that I got nowhere with Scottish Gaelic. I think my chances with Rumanian will be better.

EDIT: Just tried their stream and it's geoblocked at the moment. I had no idea my VPN service had a Rumanian server - hurrah!

23. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I thought she was Moroccan :confused:. If deemed to be good enough down the line, is she planning on switching to the French senior team?

LOL, and I thought I was the only one who couldn't handle her insipid co commentary style.

24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    you got me. almost. she was born in tunisia and has played on their U-20 team. but she will definitely be able to switch if she wants to. already she's a real starting option at left wing for OL, not a "let's give her a look" now and then rotation player.

25. Batfink

Batfink Member+

May 23, 2010
    Attilan
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well she wouldn't be the first talented youngster to switch nations, but has anybody made any serious inquiries into her personal thoughts on the matter?

I'm always surprised more national team switching doesn't take place within the women's game any way. It would be like the women's international version of PSG/Chelsea/Man City inspired financial doping, for the similar rewards of instant success for otherwise marginal teams.

EDIT: lol, not that France are a poor national national team..