The annual Franco-Allemande/Deutsch-Französische Club Contest (AKA UEFA WCL 2012/2013)

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by Jenson, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    kool-aide repped this.
  2. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Potsdam line-up: Naeher - Jaques, Draws, Kemme - Göransson, Winters, Hanebeck, Doorsoun-Khajeh - Evans, Ogimi, Andonova.

Bench: Sarholz, Dillmann, Cramer, Starke, Anonma.

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    A complete line-up of the return Round-of-16 games (3, 4, and 11 oktober), complete with times and viewing opportunities, is available at spelare12.

Smulan repped this.
  4. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Oh, thank goodness - I'll be able to watch the Glasgow match in Danish!

Nacional Tijuana repped this.
  5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Can anyone enlighten me as to how Eurosport choose the CL matches to broadcast at this stage? Lyon/Vantaa and Wolfsburg/Raciborz seems like a lesson in cruelty. I feel incredibly sorry for the Nigerian Vantaa goalie. Everything from her body language to facial expressions says that she knows that she's heavily outclassed. OL should be about 7 up by this point.

6. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Eurosport France bought the right for Lyon and Juvisy for the season. I guess other country's Eurosport take advantage of the international signal to broadcast the games on the cheap.

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
  8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
  9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And Rossiyanka's Kiskonen gives us the first Hair Moment. Bless her little mauled head.

10. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    she was actually much better than her physique would make you expect but an orphan in the storm never looks cheerful.

vantaa was very compact and though it's hard to believe it by the scoreline OL never got much going. the first goal by abily was nice, nécib quickly serving an audacious run down the left by amel majri who only took one touch to find camille in front of goal. the finns were in position but it all went much too fast for them. They tightened down a couple more notches after that and all the deft ball handling in the world came to nothing; by the half hour mark the match had become very stale and it took amandine henry's screamer from outside the box to make the HT score 2-0.

dickenmann coming in for an inexistant le sommer brought some life to lyon in the first few minutes of the 2nd half, but that's not what brought bompastor's goal, a cheeky FK from an angle that makes you wonder at first if that's what she wanted to do but the replays on the screens left no doubt. sacrée soso, quelle coquine! the fourth also followed a bompastor FK PK35 couldn't clear - majri was more opportunistic than anything else, but no more than justly paid for all her work up to then. finally nécib bent one in from outside... actually well within the box but by then vantaa had backed up so far and was so badly out of gas no one could come out to challenge her.

altogether a very pale affair, ELS as i said invisible, abily not particularly inspired, nécib very flat. tonazzi was in such traffic all the time it's hard to be too severe with her, otaki coming in for her did even less well. only amel majri really impressed up front, a lot of folks in the stands who'd never seen her before made quite a discovery. amandine henry, the only fenotte with real midfield duties, excellent as usual. makan traoré filling franco's spot made no points, but new arrival laura agard paired with renard did. finally sonia b looked her old self again for the first time in a while and that was good to see : the poor woman's had so little rest the past two years! ahem, not quite finally... there's still bouhaddi, but she could be the best GK in the world or the worst, in a match like this it doesn't much matter.

OL : Bouhaddi – Traoré, Renard, Agard, Bompastor (cap) – Henry, Necib – Le Sommer (Dickenmann 46'), Abily (Thomis 63'), Majri – Tonazzi (Otaki 56').
    PK 35 Vantaa : Ayegba – Leppikangas (cap), Korhoven, Berrier, Jaakonsaari, Kivela, Saarinen, Taipale, Chapin, Bogus, Hirvonen.
    Goals : OL: Abily (6'), Henry (40'), Bompastor (52'), Majri (68'), Necib (88')

but i believe there was a second crew there from somewhere... there was a blonde on the sidelines with a eurosport microphone talking into a eurosport camera, but not on french eurosport.

11. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Arsenal 4 Barcelona 0

Suffice to say the most exciting moment of the day, for me, was getting my programme signed by the players from the Arsenal Ladies reserve team. 4 Scottish goals including a hat-trick from half time sub Jennifer Beattie. Not much intensity in the first half, second half was better. Turbine Potsdam next, we will have an indea of the real quality in the Arsenal team. Hopefully not the same awful failure as last year against Frankfurt where they lost without even fighting...

12. mumf

mumf Member+

Nov 7, 2008
    What happened to Birmingham today? That was the 2nd leg too?

13. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Birmingham lacked european experience and some players did not perform well enough like Christiansen or Westwood. One of the funniest thing is with the early exit from the competition the following Blues players are NOT cup tied as they did not set foot on the pitch :

Spencer, Watts, Simpkins, Torkildsen, Aluko, George, Simpson Wilcox

It means Arsenal could recruit any of those and play them against Potsdam for example.

14. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Did Arsenal need them ? .....Maybe Spencer as a back up GK but the rest ?
    Anyway ,Birmingham made a perfect harakiri

15. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    it would have been nice if they could have met lyon in the comp as the two are sister cities. what lugdunum and brum have in common i'm not sure... spaghetti junction maybe?

watched first 15' and the second half of juvisy-fc zurich, and since i'm a ferocious critic of sandrine soubeyrand it's only honest of me to point out she had an enormous match. more nice things in one half than in her last ten appearances for france.

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Damn it, guignol - why do you insist on setting a positive example for us all with fair and balanced critique?! Next you'll be telling me I have to play fair with Bartusiak :cautious:.

17. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Spencer might come back to Arsenal indeed, if they want her.

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    And now we have the explanation for Linnéa Liljegärd's absence from even the Rossiyanka bench the other day: during an exorcism in church (at least that's what it sounded like), she fainted. More details in her blog (which I haven't tried to run through Googletranslate, but is sure to provide som smirkworthy moments).

19. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    let your conscience be your guide.

20. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008

I'm now finding it hard to refrain from telling a joke with the punchline "Bing sings but Walt Disney".

21. gricio61

gricio61 Member

Aug 30, 2011
    bologna
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Here the highlights of Verona - Birmingham (or, better saying, Cristiana Girelli - Birmingham) :p

22. debzy

debzy Member+

May 26, 2009
    paris
    Club:
    Paris Saint Germain FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks for the video Gricio , it looks like I've missed a great match :( .....really like the third goal .
    I thought it would have been easy for birmingham, they just had to defend and counter attack, but i've forgotten how much the british teams...men or women...are so naive tactically.
    But great win for Verona ;)

23. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
  24. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    if arsenal makes the final could attendance be, not munich levels, but say 15-20 thousand?

if not all they need to do is scrunch everyone into the half of the west stand lyon is scoring at, shift them at HT, and it should look OK on TV.

Smulan repped this.
  25. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Well if Arsenal can go through the next round and get a lucky draw why not.