The American Drogba? U.S. eligible Maki Tall in France

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Sep 26, 2012.

1. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasn't Altidor called baby Drogba a few years ago?

BimmerBenz95 repped this.
  2. FirstStar

FirstStar Hustlin' for the USA

Fulham Football Club
    Feb 1, 2005
    Time's Arrow
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neven is a snake. He was looking for an excuse to save a little face when he turned his back on the country that welcomed his family (after it was driven from the country he now represents and subsequently kicked out by the country he dreamed of representing), discovered him and nurtured his development throughout his early years.

Tom Collingsworth and Eleven Bravo repped this.
  3. William Penn

William Penn Member+

Jul 2, 2010
    Bethlehem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're not perfect, but we don't actively discriminate against minorities either.

4. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not saying we do. I'm arguing that of the 206 ranked national teams, there's more than one team that doesn't discriminate against minorities.

5. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Even Belgium has internal 'tribal' issues that exist within the football set up.

We absolutely do have something unique, regardless of revisionism.

6. striker

striker Member+

Aug 4, 1999
    Do you know the internal politics of all the other 205 ranked teams in the world?

7. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know enough to understand what a unique situation that our players are in here in America. We should be proud of it.

8. Ngolo

Ngolo Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I don't think Altindor scored as much as this Maki Tall kid when he was younger. Altindor is much slower on the run. ihave seen then both. also beleive that Maki is being compared to Drogba in his early years because Drogba also trained at Le Mans Academy where Maki has been doing his classes so its easier to make the connection with Drogba.

9. az2004

az2004 Member

Jun 5, 2012
    you don't have to go too far back when the sec was all white, and i recal multiple drinking fountains in georgiawhen i was smaller

10. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So, you're answer is no. We can be proud of our racial diversity of our national team, not because it's unique (it isn't), but just because it exists.

There are plenty of other national team setups where racism isn't an issue. Holland is a great example. Canada is another example. What we have isn't "unique" in any way.

11. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's absolutely unique.

But you self-loathers can have at it beating each other up and navel gazing.

12. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What?

13. PhillyandBCEagles

Jul 9, 2012
    NC
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Altidore is way ahead of where Drogba was at his age, and that's been the case for Jozy's entire pro career. Seriously. Look up their respective career paths if you don't believe me. Altidore is way ahead, it's not even close.

Wasn't Holland famous until the last 5-10 years for racial cliquishness on their team?? Don't disagree with your overall point, but the Oranje probably aren't the best example.

soccersubjectively repped this.
  14. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes I think Drogba did not really start playing soccer until his late teens or early 20's, I believe it was after he moved to France (or so I have read).

15. Ngolo

Ngolo Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    drogba moved to france when he was 5. he joined le mans training academy at 17 and played five years there. he was already a very poerful scorer of gols but got hurt almost every other game. he went on to guingamp where he became top scorer in league 2 and got a call from marseille. top scorer in his first year in ligue 1 with marseillenand UEFA finalist against porto, then coached by mourhino. who later signed him in chelsea. we know the rest of the story. bottom line: Altindor is a good player but comparing him to drogba is not reasonable. cheers

16. Chance

Chance Member+

Minnesota United FC
    United States
    Apr 5, 2012
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like Neven for not choosing the USA and for making fun of my favorite non-American player.

[​IMG]

17. BimmerBenz95

BimmerBenz95 Member+

Feb 24, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He deserved it Arjen flopped on that play.

18. Tom Collingsworth

Jun 14, 2011
    North Carolina
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A diver and a douche, had it coming...

19. Justin Z

Justin Z Member

Jul 12, 2005
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Club:
    Heart of Midlothian FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AMERICA, F*CK YEAH! WE'RE THE BEST EVERY TIME. USA RULES, CANADA AND HOLLAND DROOLS

20. GiallorossiYank

GiallorossiYank Member+

Jan 20, 2011
    NJ/Roma/Napoli
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone think this kid will eventually be called in?

21. The Devil's Architect

Feb 10, 2000
    The American Steppe
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You might want to ask some of the minorities about that, though it's long been more of a function of social/economic class that is endemic to minorities in the US

22. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is making fun, then there is douching the douche. That was pretty classless, and I am suprised he didn't get his a$$ beat by one of Robben's teammates. Spineless on their part if you ask me. That is a five year old move, something everyone wants to do, but is grown up enough to abstain from.

23. Ngolo

Ngolo Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well
    Well; if coach Perez reads this blog he should certainly take a look.one of the top soccer in French youth teams the last 3 years according to scouting reports should not leave one indifferent. I don't want to shortchange US academies but clearly the level in France is much more competitive and this kid happens to excel there (see story on topdrawersoccer.com). if not, I guess he will be called by France sooner or later. No doubt whatsoever!!

24. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Keep this up and the US team will be completely from outside of the US except dempsey, donovan and shea

[]__[]

25. sMiLeYz

sMiLeYz Member

Oct 17, 2008
    Baltimore
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irrelevant, the US is always been made of immigrants. I'm a first generation American myself.