The American Drogba? U.S. eligible Maki Tall in France

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by AutoPenalti, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ngolo repped this.
  2. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like a special talent might slip into our hands.

Ngolo repped this.
  3. LouisZ

LouisZ Member+

Oct 14, 2010
    Southern California-USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only 16, born in the USA, comes to the States twice a year... Sounds American to me but I think he is leaning more to France but will take sloopy seconds from us. cap him!

4. kmac014

kmac014 Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree, he seems like he doesn't like the France federation and wants to play for the US, his dad wants him to

5. drgonzo

drgonzo Member+

Jun 1, 2011
    Club:
    San Diego Flash
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the article it sounded like his Dad was upset that France didn't call his son in even though he was having a better year then the kid they called in on Tall's team. Hope Tall gets called in the the US set up. Is he u17 eligible or is he a little late?

Between him and Green that would be 2 very good young strikers in our youth system we didn't have a month ago. Good stuff.

6. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana
    Hang on Sloopy!

7. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    O-H

nvm wrong football:laugh:

Drake Jesse repped this.
  8. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    El Mariachi repped this.
  9. Aduesque

Aduesque Member

Atlanta United
    May 11, 2010
    Georgia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Irish aye?

10. soccaisthecoolest

Jul 22, 2008
    Would be great to see him in our set up, but what happens when another forward, with less goals on his club team, gets called into the senior team before him? Will he switch to the next country on his list?

11. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    All credit should go to the poster Dr. Soccer90 who first alerted us about this talent. I only say this because had one of us found about him it would probably have been 1 to 2 years from now as he starts getting closer to the first team. and he has a good chance of by then being in the french set-up at some level. We might be very lucky here as we were late on derrick williams, adam henley, jeremy Toljan,etc. Although some of these kids might end up playing for USA anyway.

12. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Lets wait and find out after the fact. If we werent so starved for good strikers, I might give that a second thought.. Even then I probably wouldnt. We need all the help we can get up top.

If his dad's potential occasional griping is all we have to worry about, then I'll take it in a heart beat (assuming the kid produces)

13. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nay!

And anyway, I meant "us" as in the USMNT forums.

14. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Maki's dad: “In the U.S. National Team, he will get a chance if he is good. It is a culture of merit and excellence – no matter your origin or color,” Madani said. “Last year, Le Mans sent a striker with three goals to the French National Team at mid-season. At the same time, Maki has 12 goals but his name was not proposed. This would have never happened with the U.S.”

That's fantastic to hear from someone who has been exposed to national team set ups around the world. Some of you guys who have never been exposed to other countries should take note. We have something unique here, and worth keeping.

elvinjones and Ngolo repped this.
  15. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cue "not sure if serious" meme

quinn repped this.
  16. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds a little more like unhappiness with one particular decision. Thing is, anywhere in the world, coaches are human. Every coach will have some favorites. We had Thomas Rongen drop Neven Subotic from the U-20 squad in favor of Julian Valentin, which is hardly any different.

Of course, if Maki Tall pulls a Subotic and chooses to play for us because of a French youth NT coach's mistake, I'll be happy to accept it.

17. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No. Mainz asked Rongen not to include Subotic because he was injured Rongen obliged

braun repped this.
  18. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By all reports Subotic didn't see it that way.

19. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ya, he was looking for any excuse for him not to look like the bad guy for switching and he actually manged to do it, at the expense of Rongen

20. fingersave

fingersave Member

Sep 28, 2009
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, you go try to make it to the national team in Egypt and get back to us.

21. braun

braun Red Card

Feb 22, 2001
    metro Boston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well if that's true, you have clarified the reason that Rongen is wrongfully blamed for losing a good defender, even if he's not starting for Serbia in the qualifiers so far.

22. William Penn

William Penn Member+

Jul 2, 2010
    Bethlehem
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh, it's definitely serious. National teams in the Balkans, for example, can be quite hierarchical, with players selected only partly on form, while the lower youth categories can often contain relatives of federation execs. Even France could have similar problems, since hidden conversations have shown that some French football people are annoyed at the large number of non-white players on the teams (this may be what Maki's father was hinting at).

23. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's certainly how I read it.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  24. LongDuckDong

LongDuckDong Member+

Jan 26, 2011
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, but finger save said word for word, "we have something unique," implying hat we're the only country that calls up players without judging them for ethnicity. This simply isn't true.