The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ringo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    the guy is ok.

2. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Well we'll know tonight. Looks like we get a bit of drama along the way. We don't have a lot of choice do we? Just so long as the border twits and fugly B don't win, I can probably accept one of the others.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The thing I haven't liked about the final leg the last several editions of the race was corrected here: no possibility of catching up. The stuff this week was very difficult, and easy enough to mess up significantly. Several times I thought I knew who would win, only to be proven wrong. Good stuff to be sure.

4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It was a fine last leg and the flight to Hawaii was the great equalizer that placed all teams on a level playing field. That said, the sled really favored the lighter and better balanced players. Though I would have preferred a mental challenge as the last roadblock.

That said, the helicopter pilot and his wife were the best racers this season.

This is possibly the first race to have finished outside of the continental USA, but not a bad place to finish. :D

5. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Pretty good last leg wasn't it. Really shows, and we've seen it year after year of what a difference the right (or wrong!) taxi driver can make.
    Big brother B dragged her toes so she wouldn't tip the sled but wasn't called on it. While the border guys suffered.

For me the best team ( yeh I know) won. They 'chose' to do it the hard way though. :rolleyes:

She's the catalyst in that couple, having to deal with someone who is never wrong is tough. Just ask my wife. "Why did you unzip my bag ?"

The Border guys were good in defeat, mad at themselves but gracious enough.

6. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    at least the most deserving team won, that was nice.

i miss the Race already. can't wait for a new one .... hope there's more likable teams next time around.

7. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I guess I'm the only one that didn't like the challenges in that last leg. I agree it was exciting, but not because the challenges were any good. There was no real way for teams to make up ground on any of the challenges with the exception of the sledding. But the fact that 2 groups couldn't read, meant lots of twists and turns. :D

The challenges didn't really have much to do with the location either. Scraping ice... really? How about using that ice to make a tropical drink? That's what I think of when I think "Hawaii".

Also extremely physical final leg. Might as well just have decathletes compete. No mental exercise, no testing of how travel-savvy teams are. Just purely physical.

But I think it is fitting that in the season with the most incompetent set of teams (the fact that Big Brother team almost won says it all), was decided by which of the final three f-ed up the least. Nobody ran a good final leg. lol

cr7torossi repped this.
  8. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Exactly my thoughts.

Most incompetent bunch in the amazing race ever.

9. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Just as an aside.
    My wife thinks that the mother of the guy from team big brother is planning to find a hit man if her son stays with the B***h

10. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Boobs must be really important to that poor guy.

11. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Or the million dollars she won in BB

12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Or both. Or did I mean all three. :)

13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Looks like another set of poor teams based on the first episode.

14. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I don't think they're all poor. However, there are a couple of teams that flat out don't get it. They'll be eliminated quickly.

15. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i feel bad for the couple last episode. it's hard when it's not really your fault.

16. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    It really does suck and it does seem to come up again and again, which makes me wonder why the producers haven't tried to get rid of this factor. Strangly though, it seems to happen more to the teams who would probably never have had a chance to win it all anyways.

17. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again the Amazing Race Fall Edition suffers from the football games running over. Sunday night it was approximately 18 minutes. Season premier it was closer or over 20 minutes late.

18. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's why i always record it for an hour after. it will almost always go over.

19. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have two shows that I record at 9:00 pm. Boardwalk Empire and starting this Sunday the Walking Dead. I will sometimes not record the Walking Dead to watch NFL Sunday Night Football. That pretty much means I will miss the last 20 minutes of the Amazing Race.

20. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    Well with AT&T U-Verse I don't get BEin Sport, but at least I can record 4 programs at the same time.

21. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The DVR on FIOS is limited to recording two programs simultaneously.

22. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Probably the most unluckiest team I can think of.

Should have won the first leg but beaten on a foot race since they helped the other team.

Were 2nd with one challenge to go in the second leg but then finished 10th since their taxi driver had no clue.

It would have made sense to make this a non-elimination stage.

23. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remind you of this:

[​IMG]

For these ladies:

[​IMG]

24. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Grab the later showing of the Walking Dead or Boardwalk Empire.

25. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA

At some point, shouldn't you just get out if t cab on a major road and try to hail another one?