The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ringo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Pretty quiet show tonight no histrionics. One couple scews up, can't catch up and pays for it.

Next week looks like a cat fight though.

2. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Who got eliminated? With the game running late and Mad Men and Shameless recording, I could not see the final 18 minutes.

3. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jersey Shore. They and the fighter pilot/wife each went to the fast forward. they lost that and couldn't make up the time

it's too bad ... i actually was sad to see them go. they were fun.

but usscouse was completely right. kind of a boring, straight forward episode. next week the Queen B***h comes back to life. I mean, the Big Brother girl is annoying for being such a cry baby, but that divorcee woman is just plain cruel to her. She's an awful person. Truly.

4. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Yeah, crap challenges. There was no way to really gain or lose ground on anybody else. So all the teams were just bunched together, which is a tell tale sign that the challenges sucked.

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the oil challenge was pretty funny but there was a difference in the two challenges.
    I thought the apple challenge sounded much easier but the oil challenge appeared to be by far the quicker task.
    the water challenge was pretty boring ... everybody did it just fine, it was over quickly.

6. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When I first saw the preview for the water challenge I thought it would have been more of a freak out challenge (Fear Factoresque) to be strapped in underwater, turned upside down, unbuckle, push out the window and swim up to the surface.

No one freaked out and it was over quickly. Seemed inherently unsafe and risky.

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Poor leg as far as the quality of the challenges was concerned. Pretty much ensured that the team that missed out on the fastforward would be eliminated.

8. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i don't understand that .... if I see one team leave for the fast forward, that's it. I don't go chasing after them. stupid move.

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Both teams started off simultaneously.

They knew it was a physical task and thought that a team of two men would beat one containing a girl. They messed up by stacking up far from the truck.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i would've turned around. i wouldn't take the risk.

and they were quite sexist about competing against a woman, who seemed to be every bit as strong as they were

11. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    She had to be didn't she?
    All her partner did was kick down bales from above... :rolleyes:

12. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    BTW, where are all the women in Azerbaijan? Among all the crowds of people watching the various challenges, I didn't see a single woman. Just glaring, mouth-breathing, hairy men.

Yeah, I don't think I'll be visiting Azerbaijan in this life.

13. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I really wanted one of them to make the proper joke.

1) Azerbaijan

2) Fine, 'az yours?

14. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The challenges in Masai country were simply stunning. Team Kentucky are a joy to have in the race.

In a competition like this, what in the world does fibbing about your career do for you? Obviously it hasn't impacted Team Border Patrol to be identified as law enforcement. "We're teachers" is a waste to be sure.

1 person likes this.
  15. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    It's a silly way of thinking isn't it. In one segment they mentioned that they would seem to be more of a threat if they were known as Feds than if they were kindy teachers. Actually they're not much of a threat to anyone at all right now and lucky to still be in. I kinda like them though.

Masai Country is spectacular at 8,000 feet, I'd like to visit. And yes, the good old boys continue to grow on you.

16. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a great leg. Visiting the Maasai country of Tanzania and the Ngorogoro Crater was fantastic. Also the two challenges of jumping dance and the throwing of the club were terrific.

Team Kentucky, what can you say. Those two guys have a great friendship and they are wonderful people.

The female Federal Agents, that's just ridiculous. Fess up and be honest when you were discovered. I find the lying a real turn off. Too bad they weren't eliminated last night.

The Border Agents, have really grown on me. They are an excellent team.

The couples are a mess. Too much bickering. I still don't get the hate from the brunette towards the redhead? Ignore her if her whining annoys you, though it's much more than that.

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the border agents were growing on me but they came across as arrogant again this week. they seem like bullies.
    Big Brother are cry babies. but what was with Border Patrol yelling to them about following them .... they are in a race going to the exact same place. Like last night, in the safari trucks. There was ONE way to go .... what were they supposed to do? I thought it was a nice bit of irony when they went the wrong way and Big Brother didn't follow them.
    The divorcees keeping proving what ugly people they are, although I guess the man has seemed to gain a bit of decency. I laughed pretty hard when she kept falling though. I thought it was deserved.

Kentucky is awesome. Good people, good racers.

I agree there's no reason to say you're teachers. One, it's not like they can do anything to you. You race your race and take care of yourself. Tell people you're billionaire adventurerers, who cares? Obviously, the U-Turns are the difference. But is anybody going to u-turn somebody because of their job or because they're doing well? Kindegarten teachers who are winning or are close on your heels will get u-turned as easily as federal agents.
    Of course, next week I bet it's all pesonal, petty reasons for U-turns as opposed to strategic game play.

But that said, I love the agents. they are nice, good people. If they and Kentucky are out before the final I probably won't even bother to see who wins. The other three teams are just worthless.

18. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I agree. There's nothing to hide. Especially with a couple of border patrol agents in the race which is the armpit of all law-enforcement jobs.

Q: What's your job?
    A: Oh, to be a nuisance to people during their vacations.

^ Those are the ones who should be lying about their jobs.

19. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i think kindergarten teachers would be better racers. keeping up with 30 5 year olds is tough.

20. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The scenery was the winner again this week. Border Patrol over reacting, airfarce pilot nagging and the Kindie Feds go home.

Now I'm concerned about Kentucky, a bad knee and looks like heat exhaustion next week.

Not sure it's a good idea to enter a contest like that because you "need" the money and the world will end if you lose.

21. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Border Patrol guy really overreacted. The Army couple made a sensible move. There was no need to U turn the Feds. They were not a threat at all. The same can be said with the U turn of the obnoxious couple.

team Kentucky continues to impress with their effort and the nature of people they are. I really wish they win.

22. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can't ever remember a more unlikeable final four (aside from Kentucky whom I love)

Border Patrol are a bunch or arrogant, self-rightous dungholes
    Army Man treats his woman like crap
    and the divorcees, especially her, are just plain ugly, horrible people.

awful. but next week isn't the finale is it? which would mean it's a non-elimination leg or a To Be Continued leg

23. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember you still have five teams left.

24. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Five teams left, but can't blame you for trying to forget a team (Big Brother).

The agents definitely deserved to go home. Everything went their way (no U-turn, the team closest to them got a flat tire, etc.) yet they still lost by quite a sizable margin.

25. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They were two plus hours behind from the previous leg. I think the editing of the Amazing Race is done to make it appear they were closer to the next to last place team than they really were. Yes, they made up ground, arriving at the bicycle fixing challenge as the other couples team were leaving. However, even with the flat, the speed bump did them in.