The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ringo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Zack and Flo...!!! Now they were an unlikely pair and even more unlikely winners.

Wonder if they stuck together. Nah! He didn't deserve a life of her...:D

I have to hold my wife back when she tries to throw stuff at Rachel on the telly....

While I want to smack the self centered plane jockey.

1 person likes this.
  2. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Zach and Flo were just friends. She had the hots for one of the twin brothers, Derek and Drew.

3. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was the season, though, where a second rather out of control lady was still proposed to by her partner on the elimination mat.

4. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

My friend that was season 3? That was a long time ago. Not Colin and Christie? If it was it was Race 5. He was the guy that almost got arrested for not wanting to pay what he felt was an exhorbitant taxi fare in Africa.

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turns out I am thinking of Hayden and Aaron from Season 6

http://www.amazingracefanwiki.com/page/Hayden+&+Aaron

6. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    casting this show is different than, say, casting for Survivor. On Survivor, if everybody got along the show is terrible. You need tension, you need conflicting personalities.
    The Race doesn't need drama to be entertaining. Survivor is all about how players interact with each other. That's what drives the show.
    the Race is driven by the race itself. It doesn't need to cast a-holes to be good. A show with 10 nice teams is still as exciting. But 20 nice people on survivor would be boring.

7. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
  8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Well, I don't know about 10 nice teams. It's more exciting if you have a rooting interest. But of course if all the teams are hateful, then there's no rooting interest either. And that's pretty much what we have here. The 2 or 3 somewhat likeable teams are either already out (soccer) or on the verge of going out (Kentucky, cousins).

9. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    you liked the soccer team? they kinda behaved like babies on that last left when they were eliminated? thought they came across as jerks ....

10. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Yeh, they surprised me as well. Especially when they couldn't string the harp. "I string my guitar all the time" Then WTF was the problem? All the others, who didn't have guitars finished early. (Except the arrogant "fighter" pilot, who just gave up on everything that episode.)

Then came the crying and whining...!

11. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Okay, I'm grasping a bit. But considering the alternatives, I found myself hoping they wouldn't get eliminated right away.

12. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i can see that. they did seem like nice people who got frustrated. but then again, maybe that's who they would've been the rest of the race. i guess we barely go to know them

13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    They deserved to be eliminated just for their continued incompetence. I don't think there was a single task where they were fast.

14. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    So who'll go tonight. It'll be a tough road for Kentucky but it's been done before. It'd have to be a couple of hands on road blocks for them to prosper.

Then there are 2 teams ready to implode. The Arrogant, I'm the boss "pilot" with no sensa yuma and the Bimbo from Big Brother.

Could be fun.

15. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    One of the many pointless teams from this season went out. This lot is so bad that they are making the Jersey boys look half decent.

16. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know, I like the teams this season over last year. Also the locations have been terrific with some really good roadblocks and detours.

I thought choosing Bavaria and visiting Mad King Ludwig's castle were fabulous.

17. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Haven't followed this season much...last season teams were blah...The divorced couple - that was good TV going up to the castle. I only watched that part for the pending train wreck, not for enjoyment.

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    "Barvaria, I thought it was Bolivia" :D Some people just shouldn't travel.

19. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'what's a beard. I don't even know what that is'

20. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i want to hurl large heavy things at the big brother chick.

21. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and let's not forget what complete asses the divorcees made of themselves again.
    i hate those people

22. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Jersey Boys are just a couple of goofs, easy to root for after the early knee-jerk type reaction to them. Self-deprecating, never really bragging unlike the border patrol guys, and they don't grate on each other. I'm a convert.

The right team was eliminated this week IMO, at least when the final three were Mississippi, federal agents, and Kentucky.

23. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i'd agree on the jersey boys. they are harmless goofballs whom I might have misjudged.

24. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The Border Patrol guys are hard to like, aren't they? Yet they're not bad people. The one bossy one let's them down with the silly rhetoric.

25. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I get tired of all the bragging.