The Amazing Race

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ringo, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    plus the cows were milling about which would make it hard to get a clear headcount.

especially early in the race, I don't know why more teams don't work together. If it's not an Us or Them Is Eliminated sort of thing ... work together, get done quicker and live to fight another day. Seemed like it always takes teams failing at a challenge a few times before they team up.

2. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I believe they had a set number of cows in every pen (22) and the weight was the variable driving the bids.

No one noticed Maradona on the pitstop before the goal keeper recognized him?
    (apparently it was a Maradona impersonator)

3. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    He would have been the only one who would have. I saw the old Coke head right away.

Funny, watched a travel show on TV last night, from Naples, and the guide had to show the traveler the "Shrine of Maradona" there. He didn't get it either..:)

4. Footer Phooter

Jul 23, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    So it wasn't actually Maradona?

5. ThreeApples

ThreeApples Member+

Jul 28, 1999
    Smurf Village
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a serious question?

6. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Good challenges again. I like when the challenges are connected to the cities/regions that the race is going through. Seems pretty basic, but it didn't happen consistently last season IIRC.

Teams still totally unlikeable though. Just impossible to cheer for anyone that has been on another reality show in the past, I find (especially if they won). Don't know why they keep inviting such people.

7. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No it was Mario Kempes. ;)

8. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    I saw this guy when I was in La Boca last October. The guy spends all day hanging-out in the main square there asking people if they'd like a picture with him. lol

9. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good challenges all the way around. I am surprised at how difficult the brothers found stringing the harp to be. And I love how much pressure the bottle dance was, especially with other teams right there with you.

10. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was a great leg of the Amazing Race. The melon stacking and the bottle dance were both very difficult challenges.

11. SpencerNY

SpencerNY Member+

Dec 1, 2001
    Up in the skyway
    The fireworks between the Big Brother couple and the other couple were pretty good too. I almost thing the other couple went a little too far even though the BB couple absolutely disgusts me.

12. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    The pilot? couple, really gave up on everything, as well as tossing their free pass away. Didn't even get a trip out of it.
    Won two legs and then whimped out like that, what a waste.

I was pretty amazed at those ladies dacing with 6 bottles stacked on their heads......super glue..???

13. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    I have to say I was impressed by the BB girl even though I didn't want to, for stating calm and making the right call to switch tasks and then do it very well.

On a related note, the girl standing next to Phil on the mat was Mark Cavendish's girlfriend, Fiorella Mogliore.

14. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the border patrol people are coming across as more and more unlikeable each time they open their mouths.
    I hope all this bragging is just the producers setting them up for their fall later on.

loving kentucky more and more.
    the divorcees, well her anyway, are ugly people. they need to get out of there.

15. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Agreed, Kentucky have been terrific. Those two guys have a great friendship and attitude.

16. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    In hindsight yes, it was *probably* a waste of the express pass. If they hadn't used the pass they most likely would've finished in 3rd last place (certainly no better than that). But how were they to know that 2 groups would take all day on their respective tasks? It was the correct decision based on the information they had at the time. The guy panicked and wanted to use the pass right away which would have been dumb. But she made a calculated decision when she saw all the other teams ahead of them.

17. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Anyway, I think that was the best leg in the history of the show (or at least over the past 7-8 seasons that I've watched)! I loved the stand-by issue at the airport too. Surprised that doesn't happen more often on the show since a good chunk of the flights I'm on don't have room to accommodate 20 last-minute passengers.

Next leg could be interesting. The rednecks currently have a good 8-10 hour lead over 8th place team right now. Will that come into play or will they all end up on the same flight anyway?

18. usscouse

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Airports, the great equalizer..:)

19. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Run Brendon! Run from that girl! Good grief.

Figured it was a non-elimination leg as soon as it was dicey getting out of Paraguay. And look, there's Art and AJ - human beings. Cool moment.

20. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i have been a vocal hater on border patrol .... but that was a nice moment. I don't like the arrogance, but like ismitje said, that was a nice moment. Good for them.

i love kentucky, so i'm glad they get another chance. I'm a sucker for any parent (especially a dad) fighting for their kids like that. It got misty over here.

there are so many ugly, hateful people on this race. the two divorcees ... at least they're not calling each other names, but she's a classic b***h.
    The Big Brother girl is the biggest crybaby I can remember on this show. The Army Pilot treats his wife (girlfriend?) like garbage.

the cousins and the federal agents seem like decent people, but they get pushed to the background because they have no drama.

overall, I think it's a terrible job casting.

but next week's leg looks pretty cool.

21. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I disagree completely about the casting. I find the mix fascinating. It makes for interest when you have train wreck teams, nice teams and teams with personality.

This has been a very enjoyable Amazing Race. Again the detours and roadblocks have been very good and relevant to the places they are racing through. Going to the Fiat test track at the Lingotto building was fantastic as was the elevator ride to the top of the Mole Antonelliana.

22. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    The girl with the boobs has to have the worst personality in the history of this show.

Decent challenges again, but the fast-forward weakens any leg IMO. There's just no race for first when you have the FF in there.

23. cloak

cloak Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    team 'big brother' is by far the most annoying in the history of the series.

24. Alberto

Alberto Member+

Feb 28, 2000
    Northern, New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I think that title goes to one person on one team. Flo, from Zach and Flo, who won the amazing race thanks to Zach. She was terrible. Worse than Rachel. I agree with Ismitje, Brendon should run for his life. That girl is rude, unapproachable and uncommunicative when she is stressed.

1 person likes this.
  25. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

there are maybe two nice teams (agents, cousins) and one with personality (kentucky, also nice) and then a lot of teams of ugly, stupid people. and the ugly stupid people get all the air time.

in the past, i usually have several teams where I can say 'it would be cool if they won' .... here's there's two (for me, anyway. I don't think the cousins can win/nor should win. don't seem to be strong racers). I just find the hateful teams are overpowering the show. As a whole, I would sum this cast up as unlikeable.

jersey shore hasn't been as obnoxious as I thought they'd be .... but you can tell they're clowns from how they were talking while cleaning the statue