The All-Purpose (Lovefest Inducing) Mesut Oezil Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by mymy33, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    I love this, 'how do you feel after your rescue?'

'Ozil' taking the sun glasses off,
    'well, I have made big eyes ...:D... when I saw the people here...'

2. AnDrEw_DaNnEy

AnDrEw_DaNnEy Member

Jul 14, 2010
    INDIA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mscaz4zjBxE&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Mesut Özil vs AC Milan Home by CR10[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  3. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    3 goals, 8 assists so far.

4. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  5. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guy is silky smooth, and has a great footballing brain. Canales will do well to watch him closely and learn from and with him.

6. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Son of a bitch!!! 8 already??

I knew he has made a few assissts but had no idea he's almost touching double figures and we've only played 11 games. If you project those numbers through to the end of the season............. wow.

Please don't get injured....... Please don't get injured........ Please don't get injured.........

7. AnDrEw_DaNnEy

AnDrEw_DaNnEy Member

Jul 14, 2010
    INDIA
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnz4n85vUSU&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Real Madrid 6-0 Racing goal Ozil[/ame]

1 person likes this.
  8. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Best 15 million Euros we ever spent... This guy is a beast and he's only 21. Kaká will need to fight tooth and nail to get into this starting lineup.

9. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Higuain would have to run with the title on that one, at least in recent times, but Mesut might be a close second.

10. (De La)Redstriker06

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Yeah, but Pipita wasn't an instant success. We had to wait almost two months for him to score his first goal and he really didn't become a first team regular until his third year here. He's a great player, but he was a totally different type of signing Higuaín had just broken into the squad at River Plate when we brought him... he had no international pedigree and was three years younger than Özil when he signed. I think the fact that we paid 15 mil for a player who lit it up at the World Cup and powered Werder Bremen to a Bundesliga title is much a bigger coup.

11. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    werder won the title in 04, just sayin ;)

12. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    A couple of corrections; It was not until his third year Higuain broke through unless you are counting his half a season under Capello as an entire season. I also seemed to recall him having almost instant success and was one of the reasons we had won the league that season. Who could forget him chasing down that ballm who anyone else would have given up on versus Espanyol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AqjMuhGNWsU"]YouTube - Real Madrid - Espanyol Higuain[/ame]

But I see your point. He was less famous than Ozil when we bought him, but I still think Higuain for 15m has been one of the best deals we have made in recent years. Also the recent Ozil came for 15 was due to him being in the last year of his contract.

13. UncleGoro

UncleGoro New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Dear Sir Manchester,
    I believed your statistics is incorrect. According to realmadrid.com, he only assisted 6, with goals I mean.

[​IMG]
    But well, you were not exaggerating, in fact you have downgraded his score... look at the total assist...freakin' 40:eek:
    Ronaldo is supposed to easily acclaimed the Golden Shoe last month!

I have to admit, you did good UncleFlo. UncleGoro has no doubt now ;)

14. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    what does total assist stand for?

15. UncleGoro

UncleGoro New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Well, mathematically, successful assist+weren't converted into goals

16. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    so any shot that was taken from a pass...

17. -Fifth CharM-

Sep 12, 2007
    Well if that shot had been scored it would have been counted as an "assist with score", but it is not the person providing the assists fault that the other person did not score so that is why it is still counted, but only as "assist without score" or just "assist". At least in Spain.

That basically means that if this Real Madrid team had taken ALL of their chances then Oezil would have had "40 assists with goal" in 11 matches.

18. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    how do they determine which shot should count for an "assist"?

19. Kasoul

Kasoul Member

Oct 18, 2006
    i would think its determined by the number of touches the player taking the shot has on the ball.

i am just guessing though :p

20. deleted

deleted Member

Aug 18, 2006
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    They can't just accept anything. It has to be a "clear" sight of goal. I guess it's subjective like unforced errors in tennis.

21. UncleGoro

UncleGoro New Member

Oct 24, 2010
    It's not any shot that was taken from a pass, but it's the pass before the shot. (bear in mind, a shot is the kick towards the goal and remember the definition of an assist)
    I believe they count for the final pass that resulted in a goal and those that can possibly lead to a goal, probably it counts for both on and off target shots. Although it may be quite subjective but I think it's not as difficult as recognizing an unforced error.
    For example, Oezil's feed that successfully being botched up by Benzema in Malaga match clearly can be counted as an assist.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I72W48Hyk5s"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I72W48Hyk5s[/ame]

And there were plenty during our drought times early this season, no?

22. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    An assist is only the pass who leds to a goal - not more. So yes, you need a good forward to collect amount of assists. :p

23. halamadrid00

halamadrid00 Red Card

Aug 2, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought this was great :D

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSY8_s2cTCo"]YouTube - Mesut Ozil pushes referee[/ame]

24. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    That ref went down easier than Dani Alves on a windy day, all Oezil did was put out his hand to prevent the guy from backing into him.

25. MrSoccerplayer

Apr 11, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Oezil is slowly becoming one of my top 5 favorite players.