The all-purpose Alex thread

Discussion in 'Brazil' started by Suss, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Suss

Suss Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 11, 2003
    New York
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    How do you guys rate Alex? I have seen him play once or twice and he looked brilliant. You don't hear about him as much as guys like Robhino, Diego, and Kaka. Do you think Alex is ready for a move to Europe? And will he be the next Brazilian superstar?

2. Lex Bouvier

Lex Bouvier New Member

Jul 15, 2003
    Minas Gerais
    Nope. He'll not be the next brazilian superstar, because he had already accomplished that status a few years ago. He had been already in Europe playing 1999/2000 season, and he did not succeed in Parma. He's not a young lad anymore, he's about 26 years old. But he is indeed brilliant, and have the will to make a successful comeback either in England or Spain next year. But he'll not return to Italy in any circunstances.

3. tpmazembe

tpmazembe Member

Jun 13, 2002
    The Midfield (S.Fla)
    Some guys can impose their will and game on any team, and some guys need the right setup to show their full capability. Alex is in the latter category.

Great technique, great vision, and a couple of ounces of genius.....but he's got to be in the right set-up.

Unfortunately, he is not as active / mobile as he should be, and seems to find the going to be tough if knocked around a bit. And, he seems to get in ruts if he loses confidence. Riquelme is this type of player as well (IMO).

Do you remember his goal against Argentina during Olympic Qualifiers when he put the defender on his ass, then lobbed the goalie with the following touch...masterful.

When on, a joy to behold. I for one think his talent is such that the Selecao should stick with him until '06.

4. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    He is rated as the best player in this year's Brazilian Championship!
    One of my favorite players!

Cruzeiro is nothing without him!

5. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Well I've always liked Alex!! I think his career with the Selecao took a dive when Brazil lost in the quarterfinals of the Sydney 2000 Olympics!!

And I was TRULY SHOCKED when Scolari left him out of the WC'02 team!!!

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Yeah, Cruzeiro have quite a solid defense: Maicon, Luisão, Gladstone, ???

Who's their left-back?

7. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    i saw alex and cruzeiro play against goias last weekend. he had a defender on him the entire time and barely got any touches in the first half. however, the few times he did receive the ball he was pretty brilliant. aristizabal was a nonfactor that game so alex had little to work with.

i was wondering the same thing whether it was the same alex that went to parma.

8. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    Well,Alex is definetely a craque!Intelligent passes,incredible vision and that unique brazilian dribble skill,not to mention his ability to strike with class.I gotta say the best shots form brasileirão came from him this year.If used correctly,it could be another jewel to the already strong seleçao:)

9. omajac

omajac Member+

Feb 9, 2002
    East Orange, New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    CAP didn't call him up to the up coming WC'06 qualifiers either!!

10. AuriVerde

AuriVerde Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Fortaleza-CE,Brasil
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
  11. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I couldn't watch the Brazil x Colombia game. How did Alex perform? He was replaced by Kaká, right?

12. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    well he wasn't great, but he did 2 or 3 good plays, and almost scored... yes kaka replaced alex...
    I still wanna see alex and ronaldinho together, maybe on the second half, 'cause parreira might let ze roberto... ze played very well, but the double ronaldinho and alex will kick some buts!!!

13. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    I love Alex

From Cruzeiro. He's my favorite Brazilian player by far, and in my opinion the best player in Brazil at the moment. He's quick, intelligent, has great balance, dribbling, flair, creativity, is a natural leader and possess a rocket left foot. I'm always confused as to why he did not stay in Europe, with Parma.

Thats all.

14. CerezoElegance

CerezoElegance New Member

Sep 26, 2003
    A natural leader? He seems a bit introverted to me

15. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    This was meant to be my personal homage to Alex and you totally screwed it up, thanks fellow moderators.

On the field he's the player who lines up the walls, takes all the freekicks, etc... he doesn't seem to hide from responsibilty.

16. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The moments he played for Brazil in the last WCQs games he was practically invisible. Is he still choking with the seleção? A lot of Brazilian fans in other message boards are saying so. Can such a player like him be 'fixed'?

17. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    What for when you have Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Kaká and Diego fighting for that spot?

Although, to be honest, he was brilliant alongside Ronaldinho.

18. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Its my opinion that Kaka and especially Diego have more potential than Alex does, but that Alex is a better player right now. He does seem to choke for Brasil, but he has had his moments as well.

19. BRAZIL RIO

BRAZIL RIO New Member

Nov 27, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Re: Alex of Cruziero

HE IS ONLY A GOOD PLAYER, BUT I DONT WANT HE IN MY TEAM NEVERMORE! HE STAYED IN FLAMENGO AND DID NOTHING. THE JORNALISTS HERE CALLED HIM "LEXOTAN", CAUSE HE USED TO SEEM SLEEPING IN COURT.
    I WANNA SEE HIM IN HELL, &*¨*&¨%%*!

20. Luiz_Rodrigo

Luiz_Rodrigo New Member

Nov 30, 2003
    I agree. Right now Alex is better, but in a few years, Kaka and Diego will be in front of him. He´s having an wonderful season, but I have some doubts about his leadership.

21. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Alex show

He gave a show yesterday on Cruzeiro's trashing of Fluminense in Mineirão 5-2. He scored twice and one of his goals has already been appointed as the best goal of Brasileirão this year.

22. Jawz10

Jawz10 Moderator

Feb 27, 1999
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How can I see this goal???

23. psycho®

psycho® New Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Istanbul, Turkey
    Re: Alex of Cruzeiro

next season Alex will play for Fenerbahçe. what do you think about this? can he be successful in Fenerbahçe?

24. smookie

smookie New Member

Jul 9, 2004
    Istanbul
    Alex de Souza & Lima Rodriguez in Fenerbahce FC

Dear Friends,

I am a proud supporter of Istanbul club Fenerbahce which accomodates 5 Brasilian players.

Could you be kind enough to give me some info about two of our latest addition to our squad Alex de Souza & Fabiano Lima Rodriguez.

Your remarks are most appreciated.

Respect in Every Aspect.

Smookie

25. RuffRyder

RuffRyder New Member

Sep 15, 2003
    Re: Alex de Souza & Lima Rodriguez in Fenerbahce FC

Can you watch Copa America??

I saw Alex yesterday. Pretty good player.