Alert: The Adnan Januzaj Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by benni..., Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    made me lol.

Amdrag, johno and benni... repped this.
  2. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    If he had joined ahead of the final 2 qualifying ties (when Kompany got injured a spot opened up for him) or in one of the friendlies (at least the one in March) ... he would have had much better odds of going to Brazil ... Wilmots likes to reward players for past perfomances ... unsure if Adnan can still get into the final 23.

3. agnzls

agnzls New Member

Apr 30, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    A part of me wishes he'd chosen a "smaller" nation so that he could focus on United. This Belgium team is picking up clout like a snowball rolling down a mountain.

4. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    - See more at: http://www.sportinastorm.com/Premie...-PSG-offer/X1Y48Z1756102#sthash.9r5SyLW3.dpuf

Moyes, Woodward and Co. atleast did a good job with regards to him.

5. SyedZada

SyedZada Member+

May 14, 2008
    Santa Clara
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    The more recognized he is the better commercially and even footballing wise for us

6. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Espn just told me that Januzaj has been selected for the Belgium squad. I wonder who misses out for them.

Amdrag repped this.
  7. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Simons, I guess.

benni... repped this.
  8. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Reportedly Januzaj will be used as a sub for KDB (after leaving Chelsea he became a starter at Wolfsburg and has been in top form lately) ... Lukaku and Hazard to complete our front line. At the start of this season Bakkali (PSV) & Y.F-C (Monaco) were impressive but they got injured and have been in a slump ... very unlikely that they would make the squad. You could say that Wilmots opted for more attacking options ... and e.g. Simons (Club Brugge), Nainggolan (Roma) had to miss out.

benni... repped this.
  9. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Happy for Adnan. Nice little bonus after having as good a debut season as we could've hoped.

Moyes claimed he was tired but since Giggs took over Adnan went back to what we saw most o the season.

10. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm just opposed to any United players having to play in the summer, but so be it. Good for him.

11. Amdrag

Amdrag Member+

Jun 10, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Awesome for the boy. Well deserved. :thumbsup:

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    More pt is good for Adnan. As an aside, Belgium is tremendously overrated.

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Compared to what?

14. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Wilmots corrected the journo: nothing changes for Januzaj though (remains a sub) ... so if he's used our front line would look like this: Januzaj - Lukaku - Hazard (when the situation demands it, interchanging with Hazard in a 4-3-3). Wilmots also praised Januzaj ... as an example he mentioned Adnan's performance against Hull.

15. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    who would the middle 3 be in the 4-3-3?

that front line might not be so bad though.

really looking forward to watching this team play.

16. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    i'd be surprised if adnan actually touches the pitch during the world cup.

the front 6 will be: fellaini - witsel - defour; de bruyne - lukaku - hazard with dembele, mirallas and mertens as the subs.

17. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    you lost me at the bolded bit. not sure what the hell you wrote after that.

18. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Wilmots told "Het Nieuwsblad" that he views KDB as a midfielder (since his move to Wolfsburg) and Adnan would be used on the flanks.

Diable Rouge repped this.
  19. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    LOL ... Fellaini performs much much much better for the Belgian Red Devils ... Witsel is the only player that is a certainty ... the other 2 depend on tactical choices.

J'can repped this.
  20. J'can

J'can Member+

Jul 3, 2007
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    to @Diable Rouge point. i would be surprised too if he was a starter playing every minute. but i do expect him to - enough to be considered significant.

even as a sub, it is a good option to bring off the bench.

probably of all the teams i am looking forward to belgium playing than any other. too bad bentekers is out :(

21. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    even if used on the flanks, he'd have to beat out mirallas (a veteran of the NT) and mertens coming off an excellent season at napoli - hazard is of course untouchable on the left.

@J'can fellaini usually plays when fit for the NT and is quite effective at bursting forward from deep positions. he's not asked to retain possession and create passing lanes, the always excellent witsel is the one that makes things tick. wilmots was recently quoted as saying that fellaini offers something that's not duplicated on the team.

Blondo repped this.
  22. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think Wilmots will alternate between two line-ups, depending on the opponent.

The counterattacking line-up when we play opponents who are better and/or play a more open game:

counter.JPG

The line-up if the priority is to dominate possession and create chances:

aanvallend.JPG

If Januzaj features, it'll probably be as a sub for the second formation.

jeff070 repped this.
  23. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    performance

24. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I was surprised by Origi's inclusion. Would have preferred Nainggolan and play with a false nine but you'll have a very interactive team, or include Bakkali who is more likely to produce something special than Origi.