Alert: The Adnan Januzaj Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by benni..., Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol at RoyalWhites talking shit about showing class. Is it classy to sell your story to a tabloid? '********outtahere man.

nimma, sdotsom, Karloski and 1 other person repped this.
  2. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    I'd dress up like a young woman to hangout with a professional footballer. :oops::sick::whistling:

Invincible, benni... and johno repped this.
  3. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Word on Twitter is that he actually wants to play for England. Except that apparently the home nations, England Scotland Wales and Co have made an agreement to not nationalize a player after 5 years, so unless they break that agreement for Januzaj he won't be able to play anyway. And he has only been in England for 2 of the 5 years anyway.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/242115...-uniteds-adnan-januzaj-cant-play-for-england/

4. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    #329 Teso Dos Bichos, Jan 30, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
    Correct. The specific Home Nations agreement is as follows:

5. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    It was written ... on Twitter :notworthy: ... actually 'The Scum' is very trustworthy ... their reputation is on the line ... if this doesn't check out = who can you trust?

Home Nations agreement isn't the only hurdle ... FIFA's famous Article 7.d: 'five years after the age of 18' ... in February 2018, he'll be eligible and he would have to be a UK citizen ... still neither Adnan nor dadnan have said that he wants to join England ... if Kosovo were allowed to play competitive matches (+/- going to Brazil) ... I'm guessing he would have been on that team because dadnan decides.

6. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  7. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Good, that means we'll never have to worry about him playing in the summer.

8. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Kosovo is a great place. Not that he should be eligible for them.

9. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013

... he also repeated that Adnan is solely focused on Manchester United ... Kosovo may ask yet Adnan is free to decline too ... are they talking to Belgium or England ... no.

I've lost track of how many times a 'journo' claimed that Adnan has made his mind up ... always the same answer: Adnan is focussing on his club career.

10. Father Ted

Father Ted BigSoccer Supporter

Manchester United, Galway United, New York Red Bulls
    Nov 2, 2001
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...&utm_medium=post&utm_campaign=ManUtd&pageNo=2

[​IMG]

11. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Who cares? International football is just a way to feed the suited manatee that is Sepp Blatter anyway.

The sooner we move to a World Club Superleague and pick barnacles like Leeds United from the hull of football's ship, the better.

Sofabloke repped this.
  12. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Unsure if this is why Moyes adviced Adnan to join Belgium +/- why Adnan has been postponing his decision: it's possible that Januzaj loses his Belgian citizenship and his EU rights when pursuing a passport from a non EU member state, which affects his ability to work in England ... he suddenly would be required to get a work permit ... he would fail on the criteria and would not be allowed to remain in England to continue his development (definitely temporarily, but possibly permanently). It wouldn't be the first time and Moyes might not like to take risks with one of his brightest prospects.

13. Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10

Staff Member

Jamaica
    Jun 4, 2006
    Antilla
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
  14. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    He would most certainly not fail to get a work permit. He definitely meets the 'exceptional talent' rule, unless they've done away with it?

15. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Also requires 5 year residency if I'm not mistaken.

16. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    I'm not familiar with all the semantics of it, I just know we've gotten quite a few players in who didn't qualify for a WP the traditional way based on the exceptional talent rule, and I don't believe that they had lived here for five years.

17. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    My mistake ... thought you meant something else, i.e. Adnan pursuing a British passport (instead of a WP). Still a WP can be a hassle and on the whole managers don't like the risk involved ... some managers even try to 'steer' the player towards joining a EU member state.

Edit: IIRC B.Traore couldn't stay at Chelsea this season because of this.

18. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Both Belgium and Kosovo recognise dual-citizenship so this is a non-issue.

19. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    There are lots of exceptions to dual citizenship and with a new state as Kosovo it's really merky. Regardless I'd respect Januzaj if he chose to take part in helping Kosovo gain full (UEFA & FIFA) membership and probably become a cult hero in doing so ... the link with Turkey however baffles me ... I thought they weren't even being considered as a viable option.

20. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Belgium recognises Kosovo as an independent state.

21. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Don't think that changes much ... instead if it's another EU member or a state that has entered into treaties with Belgium (e.g. EFTA countries) it's easier. Still if he wanted to join Kosovo ... he could have joined them already or have given an indication/show more support (e.g. play 5 minutes in the previous friendly or released a statement) ... trying to figure out what his plans are (e.g. hold out for England, join one of the countries he's already eligible for and that are able to play competitive ties +/- he can still switch to Kosovo as UEFA will be lenient, etc.) ... we'll probably never know what has been going on behind the scenes and only when there's a press conference will we know his decision.

22. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Blondo repped this.
  23. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Adnan was born in Brussels. This is the way things should be.

Blondo and jeff070 repped this.
  24. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    Let's hope he get called and plays some part.

Blondo repped this.
  25. Blondo

Blondo Member+

Sep 21, 2013
    Will be a training camp decision ... he should make the list of 30 players (13 May around 12 CET).