Alert: The Adnan Januzaj Thread!!!!

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by benni..., Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    [​IMG]

I think its fair to say he deserves his own thread now, no?

I think a lot of people will want him thrown into the mix early, but I have a feeling he will be eased. I have to say, I've seen him play u18 and u21 football, and he's still exceeded my expectations.

Our future no. 11

Stud83 and Diable Rouge repped this.
  2. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Will probably leave when he doesnt get any playing time.

3. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    ^
    10, no? moyes has been playing him down the middle so far and he's responded very well. doesn't seem to have the pace to play out wide.

4. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Maybe he's earned at least Carling Cup and substitute status for lower level league games. If Rooney is dead set on moving, I'd love having Shinji as a 10 with this kid backing him up.

5. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    He said he wants to stay here and is pretty happy and wants to sign a contract.

Been giving quite a few interviews on tour, which is interesting.

Get him to sign a contract now before the season ends and then even if he doesn't get played no scope for Blackmail.

Though, having said that he will probably feature in a fair few games this season the way he is developing.

6. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    He is a top kid, if you have ever seen his interviews. I hope we don't fcuk up his career.

7. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary

It's the hope that kills.

8. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Well as far as position yes. I apologize for not being clearer, I mean I'd like him to take over Giggs no. 11 when Giggs is done.

------------------------

The weight of this kids passes [through out all ranges] is simply impressive.

I sincerely hope he plays a lot more than Pogba did during his last season.

9. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very humble kid. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders as well.

10. djcandle19

djcandle19 Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Nation's Capitol
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Very humble kid. Seems like he has a good head on his shoulders as well.

11. tim10

tim10 Member

May 23, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia

Why is there so much negativity on our ability to embrace young talent. All this because of Pogba/Morrision, who are both absolute dicks may I add. Even recently we have given a lot of responsibility to Evans, Rafael, Jones and Wellbeck (despite a poor scoring record). Opportunities have also been given to Fabio, Cleverly and Smalling recently.

We are still a great club in this regard.

Cevno repped this.
  12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Pogba, Morrison, Pique, Shawcross, Rossi the best kids have hard time at United. Good kids do okay if they want to wait around forever.

13. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Shawcross really ? Might as well add Zieler while you're at it. :p

Eikrem ?

On Rossi we had a buyback clause which we never excercised and Pique left due to being behind Rio/Vidic which was the best partnership in the world at the time.

Players develop at different rate and have different degrees of versatility with different openings in the team at different time. Some times timing fits and some times it doesn't. For all those above except Pogba and Morrison, timing just didn't fit and they weren't developed enough to be regulars at a club of our level with the competition there at the time.

As for Pogba and Morrison well as tim said it above both are bit twattish to say the least.

14. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Shawcross at 20 was better than 80% of 30 yo CBs in the league. That's a position where experience helps you a great deal more than other positions. He was an elite youth talent.

We did not have a buyback clause. Stop inventing shit. We may have had a first option clause.

Pique left due to a lack of opportunities. Predictably, within a couple years of Pique leaving, we were in need of seasoned back ups because we had a pair of 25yo + CBs who had been playing 90% of our games.

Rossi was subjugated so we could give Allan Smith minutes and take a cnut on loan.

However you slice it, we didn't give our kids enough of an opportunity and they left. Being twattish just means you have an excuse, but that doesn't make the situation any different in real terms. In real terms, we let Shawcross, Rossi and Pique go for peanuts and Ra'vel and Pogba go for virtually nothing.

Denis Horan and JC7rox repped this.
  15. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    What nonsense. He was a championship level player when he left and behind the best CB pairing in the world plus also Brown and then Evans and Pique.

What did you expect us to do more with him ? And i am not sure whether even after that he has ever reached anything like top of the table level.

Sir Alex said: “He’s a good player — in fact, an excellent player. It was difficult to let him go to Villarreal.
    “It was based on the fact that he wanted first-team football and we couldn’t guarantee him that.
    When they offered the money they did for him and we got the buy-back clause, it became attractive to us.
    “We’d consider buying him back. We will keep our options open.”

So there you go.............

Pique left because he had a free chance to be a regular at Barcelona his boyhood club while at United he was at best competing with Brown and then Evans to be third choice. Not sure when we lacked Backup at CB immediately either ? Don't rate Evans now ?:p

It's like Thiago leaving Barca because his options behind so many others were limited though Pique left at a earlier age due to his boyhood clubs factor at Barca. He confirmed that if it wasn't for Barcelona he wouldn't have left even then either and fought for his place at United.

Alan Smith was being played in all sorts of utility roles (not as SS) and different positions and then he had a long term injury.

And as far as Tevez is concerned he was clearly better than Rossi at the time and more ready for premiership football plus Rooney was playing Rossi's best position and pretty well with Rossi never being that versatile upto that point.

It was a straight toss up between signing Tevez or keeping Rossi at the time who was at a lower level.
    We chose to get Tevez on a loan for 2 years while selling Rossi with a buyback.

Results in that period where we were the best team in the world probably and unbeaten in CL for almost 2 seasons IIRC show it was worth it. The buyback on Rossi was never excercised after that either.

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Pique/Shawcross IMO were clear moves that those players had to make. First of all, I don't recall Shawcross ever being as highly rated as you were saying Johno. He was a solid player, and could have taken over the role of a Wes Brown, etc if he were to have stayed here. But Pique had already reached some high levels, only to see Rio/Vida in front of him in the form of their lives. That CL winning season in 08 was absolutely tremendous in defense. If you were a CB at United and saw Rio and Vida like that, with Evra and Wes on the flanks, you'd feel unsure of your future as well. If Shawcross had stuck around, who's minutes would he have been taking? Evans? Smalling/Jones? Rio and Vida still play alot of games. Shawcross needed more minutes, and he got them over at Stoke. He would have sat on the bench quite a bit the last 3 years, and only started to play when Rio/Vida broke down - he would have had the sparse minutes Smalling and Jones get.

As far as Rossi, I tend to agree with Cevno. Rooney had the link up role locked down. Would Rossi have worked in our attack? Absolutely. But you're right, instead of taking a punt on him we got a proven product in Tevez. It also didn't help for Rossi that Saha had come back into the first team strongly, along with some goals from Solskjaer.

Ravel does not get any defending. The boy thought he was Avon Barksdale. The club did everything to try and straighten him out. It doesn't matter how much talent you have if you cannot have the maturity to harness it. The club gave that boy many chances from everything I've read - court dates, making him stick close to Rio for guidance, etc. He is his own reason for failure. Sure, people can ponder "well I bet if he got minutes, he might have stayed" etc - how do we not know that some game minutes would not have just made him a bigger cNt? I wish him the best, but he dug his own grave. He had the most talent of all the kids you mention.

As far as Pogba - yeah, he probably should have had a few more minutes. He was in a position of true weakness for us. But his mercenary attitude and ******** of an agent didn't help. He'll play for 5+ clubs after us, no doubt. Because he'll keep angling for more.

barroldinho repped this.
  17. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

Btw, how many appearances do you guys think he will get this season?

I'll go for 10 + at least and could be definitely more if his progress trajectory keeps going like the last 9/10 months which have been phenomenal.

What works for him too is his versatility in playing different positions. Already has played 5 of them during his career for us plus now he works very hard too.

18. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'd go 9-10 as well. If Rooney goes, more.

19. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    Great back up for Kagawa next season.

20. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    In all comps? No more than 10. Unless he looks as good as he has during preseason, vs EPL opponents.

21. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I don't expect him to see much time outside of Carling Cup or end of season games to be honest.

22. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'm not arguing with anyone who tries to hide a tribal football link with quotes and a hidden link. Fail.

23. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  24. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Well Tribal football are shit. So are the other two sites above.

25. Cevno

Cevno Member+

Aug 27, 2005
    Shifting.
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Tribal football just take articles and news from other football sites.

They don't interviews of their own.

Those quotes are from News of the world / Sun which were carried all over including on Sky.