The 2012-2013 German Cup - Defending Cup Winners [R]

Discussion in 'Borussia Dortmund' started by footyfan1, Aug 17, 2012.

?

How Will BVB Do In The 2012-2013 German Cup Competition?

1. BVB Will Repeat As German Cup Winners

5 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. BVB Will Lose The German Cup Final

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. BVB Will Lose In The German Cup Semi-Finals

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  4. BVB Will Lose In The German Cup Quarter-Finals

3 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. BVB Will Lose In The German Cup Round Of 16

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  6. BVB Will Lose In The German Cup 2nd Round

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. BVB Will Lose Tomorrow Against FC Oberneuland

2 vote(s)
    13.3%
  1. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think Sammer important but Dante-Martinez-Mandzukic core added the tactical depth they lacked last season, and it has finally allowed them to play the game they had in mind for the past three years.

2. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

And Sammer is bringing the mentality which isn't allowing anyone to play with their minds. Most of all themselves.

Actually, Bayern might be screwing up by bringing in Pep. But time will tell.......

3. timh19

timh19 Member+

Jul 26, 2011
    Goetze was the only one who can keep the ball and pass it well. He was trying to make things happen, running at Bayern but the other players werent good. Schweini and Martinez played extremely well. Grosskreutz was the worst player on the pitch.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  4. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Nope. It was the shot by someone and the header by Mandzukic. Like I said, not a sound out of this guy for the save, but not 2 mins earlier he had his nose up Neuer's arse for a shot many of the Bayern fans thought was too close for comfort.

I would have been fine with the Alaba praise had he given equal raise for the Weidenfeller saves. But instead he interrupted his Alaba-job for some handwork for Mandzukic....which wasn't even spectacular.

From someone who could honestly care less about the winner of this match it was a demonstration of either biased, ignorance or dereliction of duty.

5. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I think it is both really. Some superb signings AND Sammer not allowing it to turn into FC Hollywood.

6. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This is hilarious. You are totally incapable of unbiased thought when it comes to Bayern, which is fine, but why all the hate for the announcer. He normally acts exactly like this when one team is being played off the park, and as I said earlier he did this often enough to Bayern last season.

7. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I didn't mean to imply the signings didn't mean anything. Of course they did.

However, I just think the mentality has been changed far more by Sammer.

I mean, how many times have we seen the culture at Bayern eat guys alive in the past?? I just don't think players changed that part and I think that's most important here.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  8. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    You need to read more. Sure, I take my jibes at them...especially on FB. But I have posted time and again when their props are due. I said before the match they would/should win. Never took a swipe at Robben diving or anything. I said they should have won by more but that is nothing a few Bayern fans have not said themselves. So I fail to see how I have not been objective in Bayern's performance either tonight or during the season. I *will not* however, jump on the blovvjob express that the media seems to be on with them. If they screw up or don't look as good as the press is trying to make them look (and at times they have looked less than stellar, but not often) then I call it as it see it.

As far as this announcer, I have given a few examples of where I think he was biased. Anyone who has ESPN3 can go back and watch those parts and determine if I am overly harsh or not. For my money an announcer should be unbiased no matter who is winning. Shit, most guys when David meets Goliath go out of their way to say who good David is doing even when David has had his pants around his ankles since the 4th min.

Frankly, I don't recall this guy being that generous to BVB or any other club this year or least year when winning games. I do recall him apologising profusely last year during the Bayern-BVB matches at how Bayern looked so bad rather than how good BVB looked. So...assuming you are correct and he does what you say he does, he probably should have given BVB props...but never heard it...not from him.

9. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This season, yes, he has been. And that's being nice. I get this.

I thought you had an issue with my words because you chose to use "poorvi's" words instead of saying something yourself.

I was only impressed that "timh19" did not act like so many of the rest and pointed out Schmelzer's failure on that play.

As you know, I think Schmelzer is pretty much in the same category Santana is. I don't rate Schmelzer nearly as well as the others.

I think they rate him so much because he's young, blonde and German. This isn't saying anything about why they don't rate Santana. Santana hasn't earned it. I know this. But Schmelzer isn't nearly as good as they think he is either. And they don't give him half the shit they give Santana.

And this will be all I want to see. Sure, rip Santana for his part. But rip Schmelzer too. I'll bet many won't. This includes the "kicker" and "Bild" raters.......

10. Matakos

Matakos Member+

May 18, 2009
    Macedonia, Greece
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    I would also like to add that Heynckes has finally figured out Klopp tactically this year. Bayern's approach to BvB's game has changed. Instead of playing their usual short passing in midfield which plays right into the hands of Dortmund's pressing, they exploit the space left between BvB's high pressing DM's and their backline and instead instruct some players to stay further up forward and fill up that space and feed them with balls. BvB's high pressing game works perfectly against possesion based teams that like to build patiently from the back but since Bayern have adapted to that, Klopp needs to come up with an alternative plan.

11. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
  12. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Perhaps. But Bayern also beefed up their roster a ton and have not been felled by key injuries. That, and Sammer helping to keep FC Hollywood at bay, are more apt to explain the draw and the win against BVB so far this season.

While they played well I expected more from a team like this playing at home than 1-0. But the monkey is off their backs and that has to feel good.

Matakos repped this.
  13. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
  14. arthur d

arthur d Member

Oct 17, 2004
    Cambridge England
    Oh really? I must have misunderstood the bit about "the f#ckers" then. :)

Sorry about being pedantic, but people commenting on the British press without actually reading it happens all the time on here, and this is not very amusing.

15. Dhajj

Dhajj Member+

Nov 25, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I am sorry for the loss bvb fans.

You guys have kicked our asses for the last 2 years. I think our revenge was bound to happen.

You are true and worthy foes that I respect and fear greatly..

Lets just say that I and every Bayern would not want to face you next CL round.. Or any round for that matter..

PS: all the time I have watched gol tv (I have seen a hundred bvb/Bayern games). The announcers have stroked both teams equally..
    Maybe this game he was leaning more towards Bayern. But I can assure you from all my experience watching goltv, they both get equal praise..

16. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Dortmund seemed unable to cope with the imposing physicality of Bayern's players. Bayern really completely dominated-they stamped their authority on the match from the get-go. Tempting as it is, I won't go into this or that player who had a miserable match. Suffice to say that Hummels was sorely missed. Even as the match wore on, and despite Dortmunds' uncharacteristic showing, I still held out hope that they would get the equalizer at some point. I wonder if they were distracted thinking about the upcoming Shakhtar match. Most disappointing.

17. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Please read pages 3-6 and point to me ANYWHERE in MY posts where I called the British as a groups anything derogatory. Also, please quote where I used the word "fvckers" when referring to anyone. I think you will see, if you take the time to READ, that I was critical of the announcer and referred to "them" being announcers not the British. Meh...

18. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    I think BOTH teams held back. BVB were clearly not their usual self. Bayern were not the machine they have been this season either. Or maybe the gulf between Bayern and BVB is not as great as it is between Bayern and the rest of the league. It would,have been interesting had this game been in Dortmund rather than München to really see if it mattered to either team. It's not secret that both teams want the CL and that the Pokal is merely a nice to have.

19. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I think the bolded is pretty damn accurate when you compare the quality of each side's starting eleven. The big advantage FCB enjoys this year is quality depth. BVB does not have much quality on the bench, which isn't necessarily on display in a knock-out tournament, but rears its ugly head over the course of a long season with many matches in three competitions. I think that is the primary reason that Bayern is so far ahead in the BL. Dortmund just doesn't have enough bodies to go after it in 3 comps simultaneously. Especially not now given key injuries and suspensions.

Matakos and LoewenBoy repped this.
  20. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Agree. When you guys pank the crap out of the "second tier" teams like Schalke and others and barely break a sweat that speaks volumes to the depth of the team.

What is clear this year over last too, is that you can sub on just about anyone the machine keeps humming. However, I would like to see what happens if you lost Piggy and Ribery at the same time. That still might be the Achilles heel though your Spaniard is a class act.

21. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Losing Schweini would be a major blow. There is no-one in the squad that can do what he does. He and Martinez have formed an incredible pair this season.

LoewenBoy repped this.
  22. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    Interesting write up on the Martinez foul on Lewandoski. I thought at the time how ironic he go off with a caution when Lewa was sent off of much less. Bayern can count themselves lucky Kircher has always been favorable to them.:sneaky:

23. SirManchester

SirManchester Member+

Apr 14, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I also don't think Dortmund is far away from closing that gap.

The talent is there which is most important right now but the platform needs tweaking and that will re-ignite the players. It was bound to happen. Tactical identities are organic and football is about adaptation. A system can't stick around too long without being changed. Teams develop and adapt around it and Bayern did it perfectly. 1-0, should maybe have ben more but the dominance speaks for itself. They barely looked troubled - that is dominance and credit to them for closing the gap. They are a very good team that is maybe just maybe still missing a piece of the puzzle to be really imposing but not much.

Klopp needs a tactical re-evaluation. The question is whether he is capable of it. I think he should take a cue from someone like Streich or Tuchel - coaches who are willing to change the make-up of the team slightly or adjust it if need be. The players will make sure it's not a far departure but perhaps a change in shape, an alternative plan, learning how to absorb pressure and retain the ball are elements that are missing at the moment and can help the team transform to the next level and stay competitive for years to come.

24. WolframvonEschenbach

Nov 16, 2011
    Chicago, Illinois
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I suppose, in hindsight, that BVB never had any realistic chance of winning this match. However, reflecting back on the match in December, where Bayern had a clear edge in most statistical categories, Dortmund were able to sneak the draw with a timely goal from Götze. The scoreline is flattering; Dortmund were completely out-played. Now to prepare for Hannover 96.

25. LoewenBoy

LoewenBoy Member+

Aug 25, 2004
    Giesing, Muenchen
    Club:
    TSV 1860 München
    Nat'l Team:
    Sint Maarten
    "Never had a realistic chancen of winning"?o_O

Christ, you are starting to sound like a Schalke fan. I did not think that was possible for a Dortmund supporter.:cool: