The 2011 - 2012 Season Thread | "Return of the moc!"

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by os_mutante, Aug 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    True, but that's still worrying statistic because remember that the team always had 65-80% of ball possession. How can opponent scored that much within very few chances?

2. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably because when the opponent has the ball and is skillful enough to get past the first wave of Barça pressure, they are going to get at least a half chance on goal. We just haven't been good at stopping enough of these half chances with the absences of Abidal and Pique.

3. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    This sniping from Laporta is exactly what we don't need right now. The ex-prez is talking about how Pep's exit is Rosell's fault and insinuating he'll run for presidency again.

However, I do agree with Laporta that Rosell has made some bad decisions, like the Qatar Foundation sponsorship.

4. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
  5. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Messi win El pichichi, 4 goals clear.

6. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    jfcule and Viscaelbarca repped this.
  8. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think Messi is set to win Ballon d'or again with champions league golden boots and el pichichi

9. miguel9

miguel9 Member

May 1, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Please tell me this monstrosity is not our new jersey. [​IMG]

10. Viscaelbarca

Viscaelbarca Moderator
    Staff Member

Barcelona
    Spain
    Aug 31, 2007
    MELT01
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think it is... :(

It is going to be revealed tomorrow, 12:00 Barcelona time.

11. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, it's even worse than this season's jersey. How can their designers get it so wrong? Simple and traditional would do just fine at least for me. Have to admit though that their job is not made easier with the mandatory inclusion of the Qatar Foundation's ugly logo (what's with that we can't have that tree logo instead of that ugly font logo btw?) though I guess the deal was financially so good that it was worth making. Away kit looks sort of energetic by default because of its "energetic colours" but um yeah not a fan of fading colours. Just give us back the 2008-09 jerseys, man are these worse than those...

12. Respekt

Respekt Red Card

Mar 30, 2012
    Barcelona traditionally wear red and claret. I don't get it, how can the designers not be able to make something cool and spontaneous with those colors?

13. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I'm gonna guess though that it - again - looks better on players.

14. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, new home shirt is not as ugly as expected. But it doesn't look like a Barça kit at all to me.

Away shirt. Let's just say that it's keeping in the tradition of having the away shirt be as ugly and loud as possible.

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Having seen the official (and not pirate) versions of the kits in good quality pics, I kinda like 'em. Will surely look even better against the green pitch, in motion and on players. Also like the new fonts in names and numbers.

Thought they were ugly but was wrong. Now let's win Copa, make smart summer moves and let's see us win some trophies in those shirts.

Viscaelbarca repped this.
  16. miguel9

miguel9 Member

May 1, 2002
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    I think it's just that picture of the shirt that was on Sport that made it look like such a debacle. I've also seen the real thing in pictures and on players and feel a little relieved that it looks better. Still not crazy about it but not as horrifed either.

17. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    FYP. :speechless:

Is this image supposed to say that the new kits are made from recycled materials?
    [​IMG]

I think the subtext of this awful design is that it will pose a (slightly) bigger obstacle to counterfeiters trying to reproduce the color-fade look. Let's get real: this is mostly about protecting Nike's profits. This economic reality makes me hate the design even more. :mad:

Don Nurilio, manyfaces and jfcule repped this.
  18. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^ I would go as far as guessing that counterfeiters can produce a faded colour effect with not much difficulty (if they want; there are obviously a lot of counterfeiters who don't even aim for a design that resembles the genuine article in any observer fooling way). Nike's (and Barca's) profits come more from the fact that each season brings a new jersey, not from the particular designs of the jerseys I would guess.

19. Gilmango

Gilmango Member+

Jul 20, 2006
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Villa played with one of our youth squads today and declared himself no longer in the running for Euro 2012. Sad but seems safer and more realistic - keep training in controlled environments for a full recovery by August for Barca.

I also read we scheduled a friendly with PSG in Paris, August 4th I think.

20. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island
    sucks for spain, but that's good news for barca. hope to see him back to his best next season fully fit with something to prove.

21. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The home jersey isn't bad on its own, but it doesn't look like Barcelona. For that reason I don't like it. The away jersey I think looks pretty cool when matched with the yellow shorts.

22. inswinger

inswinger Moderator
    Staff Member

May 17, 2001
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Yeah, in this way Nike and Barça are following the business model that has somewhat worked in US sports, changing the design, and sometimes even the color scheme, to get fans to buy the new merch. THIS design is a step too far, though.

23. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    ^ Nah. The 2012/13 jersey is a step not as far as this season's jersey was IMO.

24. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    http://sportige.com/lionel-messi-better-than-ronaldo-best-in-the-world/

Ronaldo set a new La Liga scoring record with 46 goals; Messi outdid him with an even better and hard to grasp 50. Ronaldo scored 10 goals in 10 champions league matches? Lionel Messi scored 14, topping the competitions scoring charts for a fourth straight season, on the way becoming the first player to score five goals in a UCL match.
    In total? Ronaldo finished with a very impressive 60 goals, making it 146 for him in 144 matches for Real Madrid. Lionel Messi? He set a new record for most goals scored in a single season, ever, in the whole of Europe, currently with 72 goals. There’s still the final against Athletic Bilbao. Expect Messi to score. It’s the only title left for him and Barcelona this season.

Numbers aren’t a definitive way of measuring quality in the sport, but we’ll throw another one at you – Assists. We’ve already established that without Messi’s goals this would have been a very bad season for Barcelona. Don’t forget his assists. He had 15 in the league, 28 in all competitions. Directly involved with 100 of Barcelona’s goals. Cristiano Ronaldo has 12 in the league, 15 in all competitions. Great, but not out of this world like Messi.

25. Rattlehead

Rattlehead Member+

Barcelona, Inter Milan
    Argentina
    Jun 21, 2010
    Jakarta
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina